Hoverboard BMS problem

Marci

Hello, 

I have recently get a hoverboard for free. The problem is there is no low battery indicator instead when batery is low the board just goes off by bms. I have read about shunt the bms and changing battery but is there something else that i can do it is not problem when board goes of if there is some warning before. Is there some way to adjust batery low warning ?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Marci said:

Hello, 

I have recently get a hoverboard for free. The problem is there is no low battery indicator instead when batery is low the board just goes off by bms. I have read about shunt the bms and changing battery but is there something else that i can do it is not problem when board goes of if there is some warning before. Is there some way to adjust batery low warning ?

Thank you

Shunting could lead to problems since this could allow you to drain the cells too much and ruin them, so that with the next charging one could get a fire hazard. (If such an ill designed hoverboard is not already a possible  fire hazard...)

Normally low battery warnings are implemented in the hoverboards firmware, so it can start to beep, blink, tilt, vibrate or whatsoever...

One could put a voltage monitor with a buzzer to the battery, if there is enough space inside the hoverboard...

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 1:56 PM, Marci said:

Hello, 

Thank you

Hello,

Low battery indicators should be built-in to the motherboard of your Hoverboard. Therefore, if it isn't showing then it's most likely that this is an issue with your battery rather than the board itself. I would suggest replacing the battery as if there is no indication showing you this then as Chriull suggested you could risk under-charging and damaging the battery. Furthermore, there may not be an existing cut-off switch when over-charging the battery which can cause it to overheat.

usually replacing the battery with a good quality cell can fix this issue.

Hope this helps

SWEGWAY PRO

Archived