Weird rubber band popping out of my G3

HarpMudd

Tonight I noticed this thick white rubber band popping out of the casing from underneath my G3’s handle. Maybe it came out during a recent light wreck. For those who have done their own repairs, what is the purpose of this? Is it a seal of some sort? Is it an involved process opening your wheel up and putting it back in place? My wheel appears to be functioning fine since I’ve noticed this. Thanks!

852EEE77-7203-47E1-ABCB-75157B705FDA.jpeg

That’s a common issue on these InMotion/Solowheels.  It’s a weatherproofing gasket that works its way out over time.  You can take apart the wheel and tuck it back into its channel maybe along with some silicone sealant so it stays put.

This video never gets old.  :w00t2:  I think it demonstrates taking the V8 apart.  You have to watch it a few times as it’s difficult to concentrate for some reason.

I've had the issue of the rubber charge port cover coming out of it's hole.  If anyone has advice on how to get the bloody thing back in the housing, please let me know.  I've just about given up on it.  

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This video never gets old.  :w00t2:  I think it demonstrates taking the V8 apart.  You have to watch it a few times as it’s difficult to concentrate for some reason.

Ya know, you're right! That is weird! I had to watch it a few times as well! :roflmao:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 2:51 AM, mezzanine said:

I've had the issue of the rubber charge port cover coming out of it's hole.  If anyone has advice on how to get the bloody thing back in the housing, please let me know.  I've just about given up on it.  

Happened to me also, took me about 30 minutes fooling around with it to get it fixed.  I broke a toothpick in half and used the blunt/broken end to force the knobby end of the cover back through the hole.  I think I also used needle nose pliers to help out a bit.  Can't recall exactly how I used them, it was a few weeks back.  Yes... this getting it back in was a pain.

20 hours ago, JBinBalt said:

Happened to me also, took me about 30 minutes fooling around with it to get it fixed.  I broke a toothpick in half and used the blunt/broken end to force the knobby end of the cover back through the hole.  I think I also used needle nose pliers to help out a bit.  Can't recall exactly how I used them, it was a few weeks back.  Yes... this getting it back in was a pain.

I opened up my wheel and when trying to put the gasket back in, I broke it, so I ended up ripping it out entirely.  I ended up just putting a few strips of electrical tape over-top of where the gasket used to be.

Archived