Establishing Proper Tire Pressure for the Z10

Marty Backe

21 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  I wonder if it's a good idea to Locktite or Superglue those one inch extensions together just in case a segment comes loose.

Hasn't been a problem. I tightened them nice and good and you can see that I barely apply any pressure when attaching to the tube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziiten said:

What are the specs on the tire. Just wondering if it could be replaced by a readily available motorcycle or scooter tire. Maybe they would also be of better quality rubber.

It may be custom made for Ninebot - Ninebot is printed on the sidewall. It's labeled as 18x4.1

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

A proprietary tire. Where do you get spares. Or any parts for the wheel. Like lets say the battery fails, where do you get a new one. Or could you just use some generic lipos for replacement.

I will get parts and such from my dealer, EWheels.

Batteries rarely fail, and tires last for thousands of miles.

Edited by Marty Backe

I have been testing various tire pressures today - I have started from 35,  then 30, then 25, finally 20 psi.  My fully equipped weight is around 87 kg.  

Last few days I had been riding at 30 psi, and in my case Z10 was dramatically unstable on uneven sidewalks, especially on rides across the slopes. Rising the pressure to 35 psi improved the stability, but made the bumps much more noticeable - (obvious reason-higher pressure) going down to 25 psi made the ride much nicer and stability came back !  I have tried also 20 psi, but in my case I think that it is loo low - I do not want to destroy the rim on bigger bumps, so I came back to 25psi and this seems to be very good pressure in my case.

See below example of the surface on which Z10 is moving to the sides a lot. 

P1150069_resize.JPG

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

I still prefer low to mid 20s, weight 82kg

I would like to go that low but.... next piece of Z10 tire if I destroy mine is 10 000 km away.  BTW do You know if it is possible to buy the tire and how much it cost? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

I would like to go that low but.... next piece of Z10 tire if I destroy mine is 10 000 km away.  BTW do You know if it is possible to buy the tire and how much it cost? 

No, I don't know, it's gonna be a real pain to replace tire yourself.

4 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

it's gonna be a real pain to replace tire yourself.

Due to the tubeless construction - probably not possible to replace without compressor with big airflow - I think that place where motor bikes/scooters are serviced should offer some help. however first - please try to get some information about availability / price of the tire Those tires are made by CST but as custom product for Ninebot.   

18 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Due to the tubeless construction - probably not possible to replace without compressor with big airflow - I think that place where motor bikes/scooters are serviced should offer some help. however first - please try to get some information about availability / price of the tire Those tires are made by CST but as custom product for Ninebot.   

Do you think a scooter or mc tire would fit.

12 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Do you think a scooter or mc tire would fit.

I do not think so, (but I did not make thorough search).  Ninebot logo is embossed on the tire, and it is manufactured by CST specially for Ninebot.  My KS16S regular 2.125" tire survived 5500 km, which I have made in around 14 months, and it can survive maybe 1000 km more.   This Z10 tire is much wider - unless You have bad luck and cut it - it shall last 6-10kkm  (which for many users is more than they will EVER ride on the unicycle. I am one from the small group of power users who will probably test it to the limit, but who knows what new wheels will be released in 1-2 years?   Honestly I am waiting for flying one (see Franki Zapata), but this will never get public due to safety reasons.  

All depends on how hard or soft is rubber. Mine original Ninebot One S2 tire was dead after 1600km. Almost no thread remained. Somehow I do not believe Z10 tire will last for 6000km. But we will see.

• Like 1