DC Noir. A True Story About Rats

Lutalo

30 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

Gosh, how'd you get ahold of these banned books? Weren't you afraid the police would come after you for reading banned material? You are very courageous! :o

Do I detect an oblique reference to Fahrenheit 451? If so,  he may have actually been worried about the Firemen ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dbfrese said:

Gosh, how'd you get ahold of these banned books? Weren't you afraid the police would come after you for reading banned material? You are very courageous! :o

Nothing more courageous on my part than grudgingly tolerating stinkeye from reactionary step-father and roll eye from mid-cult friends.  I read them long after they were banned and had been subsequently no longer banned.

Edited by Dingfelder
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2018 at 1:09 PM, Lutalo said:

One battle we witnessed went the following: Cat jumps into trashcan for exploration and is immediately chased off by two rats. The cat high tails it, but returns a few moments later with two more cats that chase off the two rats. Rats return with five or more of its biggest muscle. A battle ensues that ends with the cats running off and not coming back.

DgzCaVqXUAEpVQK.jpeg

What??? Rats that scare off cats?

I Must have lived a sheltered life...the few rats I have seen are like large mice, more reclusive, certainly not aggressive, and look more or less helpless against a common cat. (They damn sure weren't that big, more like what you would see in a pet store)

Crazy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueblade said:

What??? Rats that scare off cats?

I Must have lived a sheltered life...the few rats I have seen are like large mice, more reclusive, certainly not aggressive, and look more or less helpless against a common cat. (They damn sure weren't that big, more like what you would see in a pet store)

Crazy!

I saw one today in Malcolm X park (same neighborhood) that was nearly as big as this one that this Columbia Heights resident was brave enough to attack and kill. Not ashamed to admit that I would have run and jumped on top of something had I seen this behemoth staring me down. The one I saw today was on the move, and I was on the Nik+, so no threat at all. 😆😆😆😆

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I saw one today in Malcolm X park (same neighborhood) that was nearly as big as this one that this Columbia Heights resident was brave enough to attack and kill. Not ashamed to admit that I would have run and jumped on top of something had I seen this behemoth staring me down. The one I saw today was on the move, and I was on the Nik+, so no threat at all. 😆😆😆😆

You know things are bad and you are making them worst when you throw the trash bag into the dumpster and you hear frantic rustling.

My funny story was when a possum found a way into my apartment. Not really wanting to kill it (she was obviously nursing), I gently caught her with a belt loop around her neck, then ran downstairs and let her go. To my surprise but probably to none of you guys, I found her again in my bedroom eating my sandwich, and so I whacked her over the head with a textbook, and that was that. Messy business.

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Now I am picturing something like that rabbit at the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, LOL

https://giphy.com/gifs/zoo-petting-13tvgabBHGLcCk