The "Slick" 18L unboxing in DC

Lutalo

My apologies forum folks. I posted this review of the KS 18L under the Kingsong category and it should have been posted here originally; an oversight that hopefully this repeat post at least marginally redresses.

"Picked up my son's 18L this morning. That was an adventure. Since we were expecting rain, I wanted us to get some time to try it out before the rain. I opted for pick up from the relevant Fedex Home Delivery Center. Despite my request for pick up Fedex loaded the wheel onto a truck. Luckily, Receiving was able to flag down the driver before he left the grounds. My son and I pulled the 18L off the truck, loaded it into the SUV and drove home quite relieved and happy that we had successfully averted disaster. 

At home we:

1. Downloaded an apk installer from the Play Store

2. Connected the wheel to the kingsong app

3. Upgraded the firmware from 1.03 to 1.07

4. Turned off the lift sensor

4. Completed horizontal calibration

5. Took the wheel outside for test runs.

6. Returned inside to charge wheel

My description of this wheel is it is a Super, Lovely, Incredible, Cool-ass wheel, with Killer looks: "SLICK." In fact, that should be the model name before the nomenclature: the "Slick 18L". It is balanced, powerful, and crazy beautiful in Black Matte. Kingsong has truly created a masterpiece. Bravo Kingsong, 'yuh done gone and did good'??

More to come. Since the battery was at 25% we couldn't do too much riding with the wheel; but enough to get a fairly decent first impression. We will ride for a week and give more feedback."

IMG_20180802_122712.jpg

Archived