Introduction

darkflame808

Hi everyone, just thought I would create my account and make my introduction since I plan to spend lots of time here as I learn and progress in the EUC scene.

The reason I am posting in this sub-forum is because this is pretty much where I will be spending majority of my focused reading.

So a brief introduction......

Aloha everyone, my name is Richard. I'm new to the EUC scene. (Never owned a EUC in my life and am honestly quite scared) but I decided to take the plunge and go full in on this venture. Decided on the Ninebot Z10. I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a few months now slowly doing my homework and trying to get a feel of where I was going to go being that this was my first wheel. I've been blessed to live in Wahiawa, HI where it's summer all year long and the temperatures fluctuate from 60-90 degrees year round. The reason why I decided to jump into this scene is because I love new technology and I work at a place that employs 6,000 people and has 3,000 parking stalls. So basically people come to work two hours early just to get a close stall. While I don't mind 30 minutes each way from my parking stall to work since I come in 45 minutes before start. I hate leaving the parking structure 45 minutes after work because traffic in Hawaii at that hour is horrendous. In the span of 10 minutes, traffic times getting home can jump over an hour. So that early bird in is the early bird out.

I was envious when I saw someone riding a one wheel from the parking lot all the way to work and thought that would be great! Unfortunately with my weight, the motor didn't seem like it would appreciate carrying me far distances. My girlfriend works about 3 miles away and I thought a EUC would be an awesome way for us to commute together, then I could just EUC from her job to mine and back to hers after work and commute home together again.

Originally my sights were set on the Kingsong 16S because the weight limitations mentioned a max load of 330LB. For the record I'm 5'11, 245lb so yah I'll pretty much be a fat guy on a one wheel but I'm ok with that. Anything that gets me motivated to get out of the house is a great thing! I've ridden motorcycles all my life so I'm comfortable being on two wheels. It's gonna take a lot of faith to get comfortable on one wheel but I'm committed to getting there. However as I began to do my research I saw that majority of these EUC's all shared the traits of bicycle wheels. I've killed many bicycle wheels in my day due to thorns and twigs and just the weight in general and was searching for EUC's with bigger wheels. This desire was more reinforced when I saw a video where they were showcasing the tire that there was a MAX Load indication written on the tire that was far less than the manufacturers claimed the EUC could carry. Once I saw the Ninebot Z10 I immediately felt at ease due to the motorcycle style tire. It just screams quality. @houseofjob  did a tear down and was notating the axle nut sizes and the machine quality and build left me feeling like this was the safest bet. I thought that the safest thing to transport a boulder would be a tank built like it could handle one.

So hopefully as I progress through the varying phases of diapers and training wheels you will all be accepting of the potentially millions of questions and thoughts I might have. I promise you I will do my research before I make the threads so with that said, I look forward to seeing all of the amazing videos! It was Chooch that got me excited about the Z10 cause despite the fact that I'm heavy and old, watching him dart around was like reliving my childhood all over again. I hope someday I can attain the confidence he has when he jumps on the wheel. Another thank you goes to @Marty Backe  because he's so calm and collected when he talks that it's easy to follow along and absorb the content he's been portraying.

I'll try to post a few videos of Hawaii riding once I get more comfortable. Nothing fancy, just unedited simple footage. Looking forward to some day meeting other Hawaii EUC riders. I have yet to see another EUC on the island but I am sure they are out there. Hopefully I'll be turning heads once my Z10 arrives....and hopefully it's not embarrassing myself sampling different forms of pavement.

Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to read my introduction and until next time! Aloha! (Hello/farewell)

On 8/2/2018 at 1:43 PM, FreeRide said:

Welcome! Riding in Hawaii would be heaven!

Thank you! Hawaii has great weather but the location in general can get old really quick. Only so much one can do when you are stuck on an island. I am envious of those of you who jump on a wheel (or vehicle) and drive straight for miles on end and explore new things. For us here, it's "been there, done that" every time we leave the house. :)

1 hour ago, darkflame808 said:

Thank you! Hawaii has great weather but the location in general can get old really quick. Only so much one can do when you are stuck on an island. I am envious of those of you who jump on a wheel (or vehicle) and drive straight for miles on end and explore new things. For us here, it's "been there, done that" every time we leave the house. :)

Stuck on a beautiful island. Interesting.  I suppose we all envision other territories we would rather be riding. I myself would appreciate seeing some awesome footage of you traveling around Hawaii on your wheel.

Welcome @darkflame808. I visited Hawaii (Waikiki and Big Island) and I loved it. I melted my shoes in Kilauea lava.

Btw, i was surprised how "cold" the ocean was. I mean you could not just stay there very long without getting cold. I was trying to learn to surf.

Archived