Seattle Meetups and Group Rides

Esper

1 hour ago, outcast00096 said:

I'm going to try to make this... I wanted to be at the one last week but I literally had my father in law ask me to go to lunch with him an hour before it got posted in the time frame. I'll see if I can make the time to come out. Be nice to meet other riders out there. Oh, hey. You have Levi in the picture for this event. He's the leader of the Eboard group in Portland. I know him.

I won't be going to this Saturday's event because it coincides with PAX Prime. But I will continue to post all the events I see on this thread for everyone to see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Esper said:

I noticed @Julian Alvarez also lived in the area. So if you'd like to join in on any local group rides, they are posted across multiple facebook pages but I and one other record them into our calendar, tinyurl.com/SeattleEventsCalendar

Awesome! I will keep an eye on this calendar since I don’t have a Facebook profile. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Weather forecast for next weekend March 16, 17 in Seattle is looking promising!  I just got my wheel KS18L and would be interested in riding with some like minded people’s. I’m open for locations if anyone wants to put something out there. 

• Like 2

I’m in Des Moines. Thinking of doing the 19mile Interurban/Green River Trail loop. I did part of the Green River section yesterday and it was fun but cold!  

I wish I could join anyone on a ride. I've never done a long ride with my Mten3. The things practically dies from riding it to the taco bell and back that is a mile from my home. I am in SERIOUS doubt that the wheel can actually achieve 30 miles on a ride let alone 10. But this is from looking at the battery levels from the Wheel Log app. 

On 12/18/2018 at 2:31 AM, JSUN said:

Anyone in Seattle want to ride ? 

I checked out the Facebook group but didn’t join because I like to keep my Facebook private. 

3 hours ago, Bri said:

I checked out the Facebook group but didn’t join because I like to keep my Facebook private. 

That's an odd thing to say.. You join a forum, to meet up with local people to ride with, but it's your facebook profile that you're worried about? I'm not even going to go into the details of how you can create a new facebook or even question why you want your facebook private, but I will bring up the fact that you are in more potential danger of being harmed by physically meeting a stranger than sharing your name and profile picture with people online. 

This reminds me of a friend that refuses to browse the internet for fear of getting a virus even though he plays online games on that same computer.

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

I don't have a Facebook, but I check here regularly. I don't use a facebook because I don't want to talk to my family or old classmates :D

That isn't really what I was going for.. But I can see that not having a facebook can be a good reason, but because a person wants to keep their facebook profile private is kind of odd since having one is for networking. Additionally, you can even make your profile private, and still be in a group. No one will see anything other than your picture and name just like on here. You can turn off messaging if you choose as well. I know that there are a lot of solutions to whatever problem may be the cause but I just don't see those as a valid excuse. The number of people on this specific forum is few and the number of people that relay the info across multiple media sites is fewer. The chances of connecting to a ride that features more than 10% of Seattle's total riders is almost none without seeking out the facebook group yourself, of which there are MANY.

To be honest, the largest group ride last year was the one I arranged personally and most of those riders showed up because of the 5 facebook groups and the hard work of one individual that had phone numbers for several small circles of people. I'm not saying that facebook is mandatory, only that it is a useful tool in meeting with like-minded people that enjoy riding with others. The forum is great for discussions, but not meeting up, at least for this area.

Hello Everyone! New EUC user in Seattle (Belltown). I met a few of you over in my original welcome post General. I haven't had as much time as I thought so far to practice but that is changing. I also have spent the past couple of days watching videos of others etc to see how they do it.

I had someone local tell me they have seen EUC riders/maybe training going on up at Cal Anderson Park in Capital Hill, anyone know about this? That could have been great meeting with current riders to get help vs me and my partner trying to do it. :D Although they cant remember how long ago but that might have been with the Solowheel shop was open in Seattle.

I am also on the side of NO facebook so cant check out the group.I checked Meetup.com but nothing EUC/Seattle related that I could find.

Oh also I picked up the Solowheel Glide 3 as my first unit. Found out the Solowheel app no longer works so that is a bummer. I loaded up the inmotion app but not a fan of the social aspect of it.

Looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting some fellow EUC'rs around town. :D

Edited by prasket
  • Like 2

Hey there! And welcome, I was practicing tricks with a friend at Cal Anderson Park about 3 weeks ago. Altho he goes there frequently. Let’s get together for a ride sometime. He’s in Capital Hill and i’m in Central district. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JSUN said:

Hey there! And welcome, I was practicing tricks with a friend at Cal Anderson Park about 3 weeks ago. Altho he goes there frequently. Let’s get together for a ride sometime. He’s in Capital Hill and i’m in Central district. 

Hi @JSUN that sounds great! 

I was able to get some good practice in last night after watching about 25 videos on youtube (many mentioned this site :) )  I made leaps and bounds improvement over how I was trying it before. It got me very excited about it all again. Today my right inner calf is so bruised haha.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, prasket said:

Hi @JSUN that sounds great! 

I was able to get some good practice in last night after watching about 25 videos on youtube (many mentioned this site :) )  I made leaps and bounds improvement over how I was trying it before. It got me very excited about it all again. Today my right inner calf is so bruised haha.

If you're in downtown during the day on weekdays I'd be happy to cruise over and help you out during lunch breaks. I work in the Denny Triangle area and can get around the city pretty quickly. Then once you get the hang of it, I can point you to a couple fellow locals that participate in many of the group rides and you can tag along with them.

2 hours ago, Esper said:

If you're in downtown during the day on weekdays I'd be happy to cruise over and help you out during lunch breaks. I work in the Denny Triangle area and can get around the city pretty quickly. Then once you get the hang of it, I can point you to a couple fellow locals that participate in many of the group rides and you can tag along with them.

@Esper Oh that would be awesome! :dancingpenguin: I do work in Pioneer Sq. and work from home on Thursdays (in Belltown.)