Ninebot Z10 - power supply Charge Doctor mod

Lukasz

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 12:03 PM, Kva said:

I am trying to avoid the doctors as long as I can :)

I made one charger 2x original. This is the silent one if I want to sleep.

Another one I just bought some random charger from alliexpress. it is 58.8V 5A with fan. It measured about 58.6V no load. Fan is actually not that bad, quite silent.

Both solutions are working fine.

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

How long have you been using the two charger with sliced wires setup?

• Upvote 1

They are charging  noticeably  faster, however I cannot provide any precised measures. All my charging was from 60-70% capacity. It is difficult to do long rides in winter so that I could end up with ~20% of capacity. I will have more figures in the spring.

So anybody with multiple Z10 chargers have you got one for sale i need one before my battery drops to low i cant wait for a replacement from china and cant find one anywhere ...i could even sell you it back when im sorted,😊😀 I'm in the Uk

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, Lukasz said:

Hello All, I am in a hurry, so just the short info - I have received new switchable 2.6/5.2A fast ultra light charger (only 0.54 kg with cables) This unit has the option to be modified into 3/6 A currents, but I will wait with that. First look below. Test - ongoing.

Image4340013883277931042.thumb.jpg.82bb8e3c5a9ac4e57d9a5dda845de820.jpg

@Lukasz Is that the one I've ordered cause it says 2.6amp5.2amp on your picture  and the one ordered for me is 3amp-6amp?.. Just making sure it's right thanks

@stephen  Final version of this charger is 2.9/6A - the one You are ordering - I was testing current limits gradually with constructor of the power supply, so that is why initial version was 5.2A  We have also modified voltage threshold for high current charge etc.. (internal stuff  not needed here) 

1 minute ago, Lukasz said:

@stephen  Final version of this charger is 2.9/6A - the one You are ordering - I was testing current limits gradually with constructor of the power supply, so that is why initial version was 5.2A  We have also modified voltage threshold for high current charge etc.. (internal stuff  not needed here) 

Thx lukasz ,wector said it be ready this week sometime thanks again, are you charging at 6amps 😊

59 minutes ago, stephen said:

if i put a 4pin connecter on the charger could i run it through the charger doctor and limit it to 58v?

Yes, You can - just make sure that You check in charge doctor which pins are connected as + and -   and when You cut the Z power supply cable - buy GX16 connector with 4 pins and make sure that polarity is correct when You solder the connector....   Just be careful not to mismatch the polarity! 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Yes, You can - just make sure that You check in charge doctor which pins are connected as + and -   and when You cut the Z power supply cable - buy GX16 connector with 4 pins and make sure that polarity is correct when You solder the connector....   Just be careful not to mismatch the polarity! 

did you get my email response luk?

On 1/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, Lukasz said:

Hello All, I am in a hurry, so just the short info - I have received new switchable 2.6/5.2A fast ultra light charger (only 0.54 kg with cables) This unit has the option to be modified into 3/6 A currents, but I will wait with that. First look below. Test - ongoing.

Image4340013883277931042.thumb.jpg.82bb8e3c5a9ac4e57d9a5dda845de820.jpg

@LukaszHi luk how's the ongoing tests for the fast charger I'm sure there's people interested on the 6amp charge, mines in the post I'll review when i get it thanks for your help

Edited by stephen

Hi @stephen  I am getting close to 3000 km with min 1000 km  of distance made using fast 2,9 / 6 A  fast charging - everything OK. 

I know at least one  more user using this charger - no issues.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hi @stephen  I am getting close to 3000 km with min 1000 km  of distance made using fast 2,9 / 6 A  fast charging - everything OK. 

It's arrived just got to put a 4 pin gt16 on so can use with my charge doctor, I'll update when it's ready to use

IMG-20190226-122324.jpg
IMG-20190226-122300.jpg
IMG-20190226-122251.jpg
IMG-20190226-122242.jpg
IMG-20190226-122234.jpg

Edited by stephen

11 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hi Luk,

Did you get my email for the fast charger and charge doctor solution request? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

Hi Luk,

Did you get my email for the fast charger and charge doctor solution request? 

Thanks

Are you after a fast charger like the one i got, I'm going to adapt my charge doctor to work with all my chargers 

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Are you after a fast charger like the one i got, I'm going to adapt my charge doctor to work with all my chargers 

Yes absolutely. Can you assist? Luk seems to have gone quite.

• 1 month later...

Hello dear euc friends,

you can order the pin for ninebot z on gearbest with adapter for almost 20euros, only for the pin because it will charge at only 1.2 amp.

https://www.banggood.com/58_2V-120W-Battery-Quick-Charger-For-Xiaomi-Ninebot-Mini-Plus-Scooter-p-1415822.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

so with charge doctor you can help yourself out!

greetz Kris

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Konrad said:

Hello everybody! I ordered the Charge Doctor but didn't receive it yet, neither any email from the guy that produce it. 

I'd like just to know if anyone of you guys know @hobby16

Can't wait to test the double charger

Charge Doctor are not available anymore, @hobby16 was not here since beginning of 2019: