STOPPED by Police in London ! Worst case scenario?

On 8/31/2018 at 7:35 PM, Rehab1 said:

I thought the same thing until I adjusted the contrast of the photo.

42573200560_8226cf6484_b.jpg

It’s my secret. I can make raw and boiled eggs stand upright on the table. ? 

Most and I'll say that again most law enforcement officers are ok when you ride responsibly. I was riding all around Niaga Falls on Canadian side last weekend, absolutely no issue, some smiled, so just look "wow" "cool". You have to remember that if you perceived to go too fast or unsafe to others thats when the problems might start. Try to be reasonable in your riding, thats all....

I've not been stopped yet, even though I've ridden past my local police station several times (before I found out EUCs were illegal to ride on road or pavement). However, since finding out that EUCs are illegal I've not been out again. On my last ride a woman pedestrian said "those things are illegal" when I stopped to let her walk past. I am worried that even if most police don't know the law, then all it takes is for one person who does to point me out to police, then me an my EUC will be toast.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:06 PM, US69 said:

.i take that risk everyday in Germany, also!

In Russia so far EUC-ers are safe, so far so good, no special regulations yet at all meaning since they aren't illegal or regulated somehow - they are legal.

The only road police clarification so far was that EUC riders = pedestrians,

not biker riders.

some stormy clouds appeared to start gathering recently in this regard but nothing specific.

So you are welcome, mate, come visit St. Petersburg with your electric friend. :)

Was going to spend some time in Oxford with my family soon and pondering if I should take some task of bringing my KS-16S with me there but now not sure if it's worth it.

500 quid of fine is 3/4th of what I paid for a new 16S here. ;)

I visited the local police headquarters there in Oxon a month ago and should have probably asked about EUC wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

guys same happens in Italy... there is NO real law at the moment, most of people use euc "responsibly" and seems like they are accepted but

in few cases euc was confiscated and huge fine applied !!! 

seems like new government wants to regulate them CAUSE they are a good solution for mobility and pollution !!!!!!! let's hope for the best !

Archived