ACM2 vs Tesla

Mark Lee

@Marty Backe what are your thoughts on Tesla (1020wh) vs ACM2.  I've noticed you are keeping both.  Just received a message from a friend he will sell his locally for $1k, 340miles never crashed.  This discussion is open for everyone...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM2 always wins because of the battery capacity. This is particularly true after the ACM received the Tesla motor and firmware, becoming the ACM2.

However, if you take the battery advantage out of the equation, I might favor the Tesla because of the styling, trolley hand, ring lights, etc.  But this is really a tough call because the wheels handle so completely different. It's almost like I would have to flip a coin since I like both wheels. Other people, depending on the wheels that they started on, may prefer one over the other.

Since my first wheel was the ACM, well, you know what I'll favor.

I really like the ring lights and styling of the Tesla - so fun at night. When I go to San Francisco this long weekend, I'm taking an ACM2 for the country riding and the Tesla for the city riding.

That seems like a decent price for the Tesla. If you have room in your stable, the Tesla would be a nice addition for a unique ride, and very fast ride. It's nothing like the ACM in terms of riding characteristics.

Thanks @Marty Backe it's a buy then... :w00t2:

• Like 1

Here's my take on the Tesla vs ACM2.  The Tesla is a pure sports car vs ACM2 is a luxury sports sedan... Wow difference is quite apparent.  The lightness, speed and agility of Tesla is a pure joy.  For long distance ride ACM2 is more comfortable, weight, low center of gravity and stability, makes the difference. Both are an excellent wheels...  Tesla may be my new favorite wheel... ;)

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 3

T E S L A !!!!  :dribble:  It never gets old.  :thumbup:   My legs get a little tired after 27 kms so the range is fine for me.  I’m always surprised people can go 3 hours or more non-stop  :blink: at a time.  Moderation folks, moderation.  The range is plenty for my needs.   48 kph is zippy enough for this rider.  70 kph would be fun but a little risky so 48 is likely more in the safe zone for one wheel.

Crawling speed isn’t too bad on the Tessie.  I can go slower than slow people can walk, but yeah a lot of people moving in random directions can be challenging.  Lifting a 1600 Wh wheel around every time probably gets tiresome unless you are in a stairfree zone.  The 1020 Wh isn’t light, but it’s manageable and heavy enough to plow over bumps well.

Glad to hear you like the wheel.  I’m lovin’ mine!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3