wind noise ?

stephen

hello people i'm just wondering if anyone has got any tips to reduce wind noise  i have a gear 360 and a small wide lens camera they might not be ideal and not as good as the go pros but Is there anything i can do to reduce wind noise or have any tips thx . here's an example?

7 hours ago, stephen said:

hello people i'm just wondering if anyone has got any tips to reduce wind noise  i have a gear 360 and a small wide lens camera they might not be ideal and not as good as the go pros but Is there anything i can do to reduce wind noise or have any tips thx . here's an example?

Hi,

There are several ways to reduce wind noise from the microphone. Here you get the cheapest method to do this:
1. Check the setting on your camera that the sound level is not set to the highest volume.
2. Glue a piece of cloth on the microphone and the frame near it. The edges of the frame give a lot of extra noise when you get into higher speeds. I use on my camera the same type of fabric tape used in ice hockey. It reduces wind noise but does not remove the other sounds that you want to include on your video. Some cameras may have multiple microphones, so it can be a lot of tape.
3. After you have reduced the disturbances, you will receive new ones in the recording, probably from the selfie stick. The extra noise vill come from your safety gears, a wedding ring, the selfie stick or the cord of an external microphone. In the picture you can see how I solved this problem. I have used the same fabric tape again. I have also tied a rubber strap on the stick, very tight. One on each joint.

WindNoise.jpeg.66d3129acc9b6da1f420267c3cc20a44.jpeg

This was a simple method I use to reduce extra noise. 
It is worthwhile to do some experiment because people usually spoil good videos with a bad audio. Good luck with your next video!

thx guys I'll have a go with the cheaper methods and report back , hopefully the cheaper methods will work, i should of saved some money than buying another euc lol??

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2018 at 6:20 AM, KalSeth said:

I don't use a camera but have found wearing a hood cuts wind noise by about 90% for my rides.  Good tip for saving your hearing.

Also interested in cutting wind noise for normal ride, I will try the hood, But I'm thinking if there are other ways, or perhaps a special helmet or something??

1 hour ago, cg said:

Also interested in cutting wind noise for normal ride, I will try the hood, But I'm thinking if there are other ways, or perhaps a special helmet or something??

A loose hood might block your view to the side at a crucial moment. I’d search for better solutions. For example, my brother uses a thin cap when riding, even in the summer.

Good musicians earplugs lowers the volume of everything, but keeps the sounds clear. Go for the kind without a long protruding part. A lot of crap for sale too, but at least the Crescendo Woodwind and even the Pluggerz Music Premium are soundwise right up there with 250€ individually molded ones. (Coming from a sound engineer this should mean something.)

My new helmet with a chin guard increased the wind noise, so I made soft pads for the helmet that gently lean on my ears. They decrease and soften the wind as well as excessive traffic noise. I used to wear earplugs, but I’m now happy with the pads alone.

• 1 month later...

Archived