Juggler

Petition to legalise a new class of light electric vehicles

Posted (edited)

I saw this petition on a Facebook group for EUC riders.

For some reason all petitions are open for only 6 months and  the closing date for this one is the 19th Oct 2018.  So even if you have already signed one in the past it will have closed if it was older than 6 months and did not achieve the minimum number  of signatures.

We therefore need to re sign this new one and hope it gets 10,000 plus votes for the government to take any notice.  Ask all your friends and family to sign it and get them to ask all their friends too.  Click on the link below to sign.  You can also share it via Facebook,  email or twitter when you sign up

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/217767

I've just signed it so don't delay, do it today! 

Edited by Juggler
Spelling mistake

Think i have signed it already, if its from the london EUC group i put the link in there. Just signed it again anyway - or tried to .... 

Its a big hill to climb to get to 10k sadly.

• Upvote 1

Not a chance 10,000 will be reached by October 2018 - currently 215. There's not that many EUC riders in the world likely let alone in the UK  :( 

You think there are less than 10k EUC riders in the world? This would mean that fewer than 10k EUC's have been sold so far worldwide? EUC's have been around for at least 4 years so are you saying that fewer than 2,5k EUC's have been sold annually so far? 

• Upvote 1

Its not just EUC's, its any electric transport so would include electric scooters electric skateboards etc. There are certainly a lot of e skate boards about...

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, TremF said:

Not a chance 10,000 will be reached by October 2018 - currently 215. There's not that many EUC riders in the world likely let alone in the UK  :( 

You don't have to be an EUC rider to sign the petition, you just need to aggree that all PEV's should be legalised

Just now, Juggler said:

You don't have to be an EUC rider to sign the petition, you just need to aggree that all PEV's should be legalised

and we still won't get nearly 10,000 signatures by October... There's been 12 signatures in 9 days...

1 minute ago, TremF said:

and we still won't get nearly 10,000 signatures by October... There's been 12 signatures in 9 days...

So have YOU signed it and put a link on your Facebook page or tweeted it?  If every EUC/PEV rider put the link on their social media page for all their friends to sign, it would soon escalate and we could reach the target.

No it won't... It's got 227 in 4 months so it needs 9773 in 2 months... I've seen petitions for things that people feel really strongly about not even make it. I'm just being realistic. 

• Upvote 1

It's the future, watch the video.