Alien rides the MSuperX 100 volt

Alien Rides

I have a few different videos planned to review the capabilities of the MSuperX 100 volt. Thought I'd start a review thread on it since I just got it. Let me know if you have any requests :)

Here's my impressions after first getting the wheel:

Sweet looking wheel and great initial review. Sounds like you would have preferred the 84V version. It appeared to handle well during your carving.The smoke emitted from the charger is definitely not a good sign. Look forward to your upcoming reviews. 

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Sounds like you would have preferred the 84V version.

I should've clarified more, but at this time I would only recommend the 100V version if you know exactly what you're looking for in a wheel. I think the 1600wh mass-produced version will be better for most people currently. For myself, I'm looking for extreme acceleration up steep hills, and am ok with the reduced battery size.

4 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

I should've clarified more, but at this time I would only recommend the 100V version if you know exactly what you're looking for in a wheel. I think the 1600wh mass-produced version will be better for most people currently. For myself, I'm looking for extreme acceleration up steep hills, and am ok with the reduced battery size.

Thanks. So what is the steepest grade hill in SF you want to conquer? Should be interesting to watch! I've seen some inclines out there that look like Hover Dam.

18 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks. So what is the steepest grade hill in SF you want to conquer? Should be interesting to watch! I've seen some inclines out there that look like Hover Dam.

I believe people have already done a 41% grade hill on a Tesla. My v3 blew the mosfet on a 29% grade hill. If I can conquer the 41% grade hill I will be happy :)

41 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

I have a few different videos planned to review the capabilities of the MSuperX 100 volt. Thought I'd start a review thread on it since I just got it. Let me know if you have any requests :)

Here's my impressions after first getting the wheel:

Nice!

Since you asked for requests, please show us what loads are required to burn up the board :laughbounce2:

How tall are you? I got that seat the other day and could not manage to ride seated. Granted I only tried for a few minutes, but damn, it seems difficult. Seeing your video with the seat, I may just ride with the seat attached even if I don't use it. The seat gives the wheel a bit fore flare.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Since you asked for requests, please show us what loads are required to burn up the board :laughbounce2:

Fiiine, let's see if it's possible ? Maybe after a few other videos first though. Don't want to break my new ride on day 2.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

How tall are you? I got that seat the other day and could not manage to ride seated. Granted I only tried for a few minutes, but damn, it seems difficult. Seeing your video with the seat, I may just ride with the seat attached even if I don't use it. The seat gives the wheel a bit fore flare. 

I'm right at 6', and my knees were bent quite sharply. I think I'd need to raise it 4-5 inches for it to be really comfortable. So far the most comfortable seat has been on the KS-18S, that thing is TALL.

I think riding with the seat attached is pretty cool, it does look nice. The one downside is that you have to take it off to use the handle, which hopefully you don't need to do often.

59 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Fiiine, let's see if it's possible ? Maybe after a few other videos first though. Don't want to break my new ride on day 2.

I'm right at 6', and my knees were bent quite sharply. I think I'd need to raise it 4-5 inches for it to be really comfortable. So far the most comfortable seat has been on the KS-18S, that thing is TALL.

I think riding with the seat attached is pretty cool, it does look nice. The one downside is that you have to take it off to use the handle, which hopefully you don't need to do often.

Yeah, I rarely use the handle. I think I may ride with the seat a lot. I really like the affect that it gives the wheel. Nothing like the blocking seat for the MSuper V3 or Monster.

Even if you don't ride sitting, it makes for a comfortable seat while you're taking a break.

Welp, within one day of owning the MSuperX, I've already lost the seat ?  It came off while going off a ledge, and I didn't feel or hear it bounce off. I went back to the spot where it came off, but alas, someone had taken it.

So if you do ride with it, make sure you secure it to the X with additional fasteners, or you may lose it also!

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw man.   Maybe using some of that Industrial Strength Velcro tape underneath would have helped keep it on.

Velcro3%20Copy.jpg

Very good idea @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. I'm going to do that.

18 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

They also got the new Dual Lock Velcro too.  I haven't tried that yet since I'm a bit old school.  :whistling:

We use volumes of Velcro at work. Parents are always asking me: “ Don’t you wish you had invented Velcro”? I simply respond: “ Nope the guy is dead “. 

4 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Thanks. Glad there was some benefit to losing my seat! ?  Nothing to do but laugh about it now.

*mutters something about a pillow and duct tape*

38 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Watch me lose my seat here ?

So funny, and so sad :( That Star Wars insert was fantastic.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:44 AM, Alien Rides said:

I believe people have already done a 41% grade hill on a Tesla. My v3 blew the mosfet on a 29% grade hill. If I can conquer the 41% grade hill I will be happy :)

People get a little excited with percentage of gradient claims, as there is no "official" 41 % gradient residential "street" in the world, other than a limited access road in HI.  That said, if the MSX 100 or 84V can easily climb the best that's SF has to offer, that will be sufficient for just about anyone in the world in terms of steepness. Marty's heat-break hill is brutal more for the terrain and length than for the  pure steepness. Long and very steep usually eclipses short and extremely steep in terms of over-heating. Good Luck! We will be watching.

Archived