Kingsong 16s or Inmotion V10(1800w)

kuechi

I know other new wheels are coming out but they are too heavy and a little bit pricey. I was wondering if I should just get the v10 or the 16s. My wheel right now is Gotway mcm4. I want a bit for speed and comfort. Any suggestions guys? thanks!

15 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Having ridden both, I'd say KS16s over InMotion V10.  The V10 has much to work out (I owned a V10F for a month and returned it, there's youtube video if you want the whole story).

What do you think the V10 has to work out?  My wife has a F10F and loves it. It is rock solid and a pleasure to ride.

Beyond the firmware and app issues, there appears to be an issue in the hardware of the V10F - Basically the safety features they baked into the control board are far to restrictive. As a result, when you demand a lot of power from the 2000W motor (e.g you ask for speed NOW or speed while climbing a hill), you pull a lot of Amperage and the safety protocol kicks into playing "overload" through the speakers, stopping the wheel, and tilting it back to 45 degrees forcing the user to safely exit. If if that user is in the middle of an intersection of a 5 lane highway.

The hill in front of my house is a 16+ degree grade, and I've tested 9 other EUC's on it including Gotway 10" mTen3, 18" mSuper V3 64v, 18" mSuper v3 84v, 14" MCM5,  14" KingSong 14c and 14d, the 16" KS16s, the 18" KS18L, an old Airwheel, and even Seqway mini pro just to name a few. None of which quit or caused me to exit (though some of the weaker motor ones did give me warning beeps).

I mailed the V10F back to InMotion, they ran tests and confirmed everything was working as designed (no issues on my unit). So I pursued a refund because the wheel doesn't perform like a 2000W motor'd EUC should - it's way too much money for what it actually delivers.

If you look around on YouTube you'll see it's not an isolated occurrence.

Hopefully you don't get the issue or aren't the kind of rider that demands the kind of power that triggers it, but but with so many good wheels out right now without such issues, I have a hard time recommending it to anyone. 

The whole story from the honeymoon (I really loved it at first) to the break up is up on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1lVGDc5patXa4QgkUlgyA?view_as=subscriber ) 

On 8/2/2018 at 6:30 PM, Mike Paolini said:

Beyond the firmware and app issues, there appears to be an issue in the hardware of the V10F - Basically the safety features they baked into the control board are far to restrictive. As a result, when you demand a lot of power from the 2000W motor (e.g you ask for speed NOW or speed while climbing a hill), you pull a lot of Amperage and the safety protocol kicks into playing "overload" through the speakers, stopping the wheel, and tilting it back to 45 degrees forcing the user to safely exit. If if that user is in the middle of an intersection of a 5 lane highway.

The hill in front of my house is a 16+ degree grade, and I've tested 9 other EUC's on it including Gotway 10" mTen3, 18" mSuper V3 64v, 18" mSuper v3 84v, 14" MCM5,  14" KingSong 14c and 14d, the 16" KS16s, the 18" KS18L, an old Airwheel, and even Seqway mini pro just to name a few. None of which quit or caused me to exit (though some of the weaker motor ones did give me warning beeps).

I mailed the V10F back to InMotion, they ran tests and confirmed everything was working as designed (no issues on my unit). So I pursued a refund because the wheel doesn't perform like a 2000W motor'd EUC should - it's way too much money for what it actually delivers.

If you look around on YouTube you'll see it's not an isolated occurrence.

Hopefully you don't get the issue or aren't the kind of rider that demands the kind of power that triggers it, but but with so many good wheels out right now without such issues, I have a hard time recommending it to anyone. 

The whole story from the honeymoon (I really loved it at first) to the break up is up on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1lVGDc5patXa4QgkUlgyA?view_as=subscriber ) 

Tnx for the video. I guess I will go for kingsong or gotway tesla. Man, inmotion in in big trouble. 

On 8/4/2018 at 2:07 AM, kuechi said:

Tnx for the video. I guess I will go for kingsong or gotway tesla. Man, inmotion in in big trouble. 

No problem, I really wanted to love it.  InMotion just announced additional issues with the V10 series weatherizing.  

For KingSong, the 18L is have trolling lock up issues (search it) and battery issues (the button can be pressed during shipping).

The 2 new wheels not having issues currently are Z10 & mSuper X ( though I'm sure the others will eventually get their stuff worked out).

Archived