I don't get email notifications about replies to my posts

I'm positive that my email address is correct, that I've selected "Notify me about replies", and that emails aren't going to my spam folder.

I just want an email notification when someone replies to me :(

I don't get email notifications either, but what I do get is forum notifications when I visit. They pop up on the top. I actually prefer this method. I think I'll try getting the email to work and test it out on this thread.

EDIT: ok, so there is an option for an 'email' either once a day or once a week and a instant 'notification' for followed topics. 
The instant notification is what I used, but I changed a few of them to 'email once a week'
Now, time to wait....

8 minutes ago, Esper said:

I don't get email notifications either, but what I do get is forum notifications when I visit. They pop up on the top. I actually prefer this method. I think I'll try getting the email to work and test it out on this thread.

EDIT: ok, so there is an option for an 'email' either once a day or once a week and a instant 'notification' for followed topics. 
The instant notification is what I used, but I changed a few of them to 'email once a week'
Now, time to wait....

I sometimes get an email notification, but very rarely.  Not sure why I get any at all, but since I check the forum more often than email, it doesn't matter to me at all.  

Just now, steve454 said:

I sometimes get an email notification, but very rarely.  Not sure why I get any at all, but since I check the forum more often than email, it doesn't matter to me at all.  

It might be that you've already checked it and viewed it, so it doesn't send an email out? I check the forum regularly, (much more than I should) and the standard instant notification has worked well.
Ok, now reply to this, and I'll wait a day without looking and, hopefully,  I'll get an email.

1 minute ago, Esper said:

It might be that you've already checked it and viewed it, so it doesn't send an email out? I check the forum regularly, (much more than I should) and the standard instant notification has worked well.
Ok, now reply to this, and I'll wait a day without looking and, hopefully,  I'll get an email.

I bet you are right, if already viewed there would be no reason to send it to email.

16 hours ago, steve454 said:

I bet you are right, if already viewed there would be no reason to send it to email.

Yep. I didn't view the comments, and I received an email. It works.

Archived