Factory "power" setting - changing from the stock 81%

owheely

The official Solowheel bluetooth phone app has a setting for "Power" which I assume is the engine power.

The factory default is 81% or something like that (don't have my wheel with me at the moment).

Have fellow Glide 3 owners ever moved this setting up or down?

I've been riding my Glide 3 at the factory default for over 300 miles. What am I missing out on by not boosting up to 100%? Is it worth it? Big battery usage tradeoff?

I think you might be confusing two different things. There is a power button in the app to turn the wheel off remotely. There is a volume slider to set the non critical sound volume. There is no slider to limit power though. Care to post a screenshot of the slider in question? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello-

I'm a new rider/owner, and new to the forum.  I've got a Glide2 and Glide3.  Both have the power setting that owheely mentions above.  It is a separate slider adjustment in the Solowheel app, actually next to the volume slider.  I turned both of mine up to 100% shortly after getting the units.  Everything seems to be fine with them, though I don't have much comparative riding time on the lower settings.  My Glide2 shipped at 80%, the Glide3 at 81%.

IMG_2969.PNG

Trying the wheel after setting the Max power slider to its minimum should give some insight on what the slider does. Is the minimum 0%? 

That's interesting, I'll give it a try and report back.  I've recently set my wheel back to 80% from 100%, my impression is that I'm not draining the battery as quickly, but it still has plenty of power.

• 4 weeks later...

Got around to trying this.  Set it at around 20%.  When I jumped on and tried to get going it almost immediately went into tilt-back.  Also, I was riding with a bunch of e-skaters in DC and I couldn't quite keep up with them, I kept getting the alarm.  I checked I was set at 80%.  I put it back to 100% and was much more easily able to stay with the skaters.

Archived