"Slime" okay and effective for Solowheel Glide 3?

owheely

I've read a smattering of ewheelers using a product called "Slime" in their innertubes to reduce the risk of puncture. So many questions:

1. What does slime physically do to prevent sharp objects from piercing the tube?
  2. I understand that not all vehicles (including EUCs) are compatible with Slime, and that Slime can even damage the tube or tire or rim - has anyone validated use for a Glide 3?
  3. Is there any weight limit or riding environment that Slime is more suitable for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've never used Slime in my EUC but I've used it a lot in bicycle tubes.  It is not a cure-all but it will plug small holes.  It stays semi-liquid inside the tire tube.  If you get a thorn, the Slime will ooze out through the hole and plug it up.  It will probably not work for nails or screws.  You've got to take the valve core out of the stem to use it.

1 hour ago, SAS said:

I've never used Slime in my EUC but I've used it a lot in bicycle tubes.  It is not a cure-all but it will plug small holes.  It stays semi-liquid inside the tire tube.  If you get a thorn, the Slime will ooze out through the hole and plug it up.  It will probably not work for nails or screws.  You've got to take the valve core out of the stem to use it.

A Z10 owner recently used Slime to plug a gnarly screw hole in his tire.

Archived