Jump to content

San Francisco — Pacifica to Half Moon Bay with Ninebot Z10


who_the
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is it... The ultimate test of your personal electric vehicle, and the new Ninebot Z10, courtesy of eWheels and @Jason McNeil. Pacifica to Half Moon Bay up and over Old Pedro Mountain Road. The first 8 miles are technical and semi-technical trails. Rest of the ride is wide open pavement through Montara and alongside the Half Moon Bay Airport.

Before Devil's Slide, before "the tunnel," there was Pedro Mountain "Road," a winding, treacherous and wildly entertaining 6-1/2 miles with 1,000 feet of vertical climb (and descent). The remains of the original 100-year-old road up and over the hill between Pacifica and Half Moon Bay are technical, rutted, challenging, and super fun and doable on our EUCs. This is the fourth time Bay Area Electric Unicycle Group has made this ride. This ride is a UNITY Ride with San Francisco OneWheel Riders. We'll stop for lunch and charging at Princeton-By-The-Sea and then... ride back.

This ride is suitable for wheels > 1000wh.

Meetup: Starbucks, Linda Mar Shopping Center, Pacifica
Saturday, Aug. 4, 12 - 5 p.m.

MORE INFO AND RSVP (Facebook link): https://www.facebook.com/events/211754712875196/


31562409_10156336371136499_2564508501242019840_o.thumb.jpg.e06c6234ce36b86854bca837123180b0.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 12.28.16 AM.jpg

Edited by who_the
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, who_the said:

This is it... The ultimate test of your personal electric vehicle, and the new Ninebot Z10, courtesy of eWheels and @Jason McNeil. Pacifica to Half Moon Bay up and over Old Pedro Mountain Road. The first 8 miles are technical and semi-technical trails. Rest of the ride is wide open pavement through Montara and alongside the Half Moon Bay Airport.

Before Devil's Slide, before "the tunnel," there was Pedro Mountain "Road," a winding, treacherous and wildly entertaining 6-1/2 miles with 1,000 feet of vertical climb (and descent). The remains of the original 100-year-old road up and over the hill between Pacifica and Half Moon Bay are technical, rutted, challenging, and super fun and doable on our EUCs. This is the fourth time Bay Area Electric Unicycle Group has made this ride. This ride is a UNITY Ride with San Francisco OneWheel Riders. We'll stop for lunch and charging at Princeton-By-The-Sea and then... ride back.

This ride is suitable for wheels > 1000wh.

Meetup: Starbucks, Linda Mar Shopping Center, Pacifica
Saturday, Aug. 4, 12 - 5 p.m.

MORE INFO AND RSVP (Facebook link): https://www.facebook.com/events/211754712875196/


 

 

I still don't think you should ride the Z10 for this Jesse. As the wheel is currently constituted (missing low-end torque) and the non-Gotway battery size, the wheel probably won't be fun and you'll run out of juice (and we don't have a fast-charger for this wheel). You've been forewarned :D

And your description of this ride has me worried :cry2:.  Are you trying to scare people away or encourage the daredevils to come :D

I guess I'll bring my ACM2. Hope I don't burn up a control board :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't mean to oversell this ride. We've had riders complete this trail on a 67-volt ACM, Inmotion V8, and even an original Solowheel (battery range, not trail conditions, limited this wheel). This will be our group's 4th time on this trail and we've never had any serious issues or problems. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, who_the said:

Didn't mean to oversell this ride. We've had riders complete this trail on a 67-volt ACM, Inmotion V8, and even an original Solowheel (battery range, not trail conditions, limited this wheel). This will be our group's 4th time on this trail and we've never had any serious issues or problems. 

So an 84-volt MSuper V3S+ should be ok? I don't want to blow it up and have to start driving to work again :cry2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I still don't think you should ride the Z10 for this Jesse. 

...

I guess I'll bring my ACM2. Hope I don't burn up a control board :wacko:

Is there any chance you can at least bring the Z10 with you in your vehicle? My girlfriend and I want to see it so badly it's not even funny, and if she could try it, it would go a long way towards her forgiving me for riding off alone with you guys with our only trail-capable wheel...  :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

So an 84-volt MSuper V3S+ should be ok? I don't want to blow it up and have to start driving to work again :cry2:

Absolutely, 100-percent.

8 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Is there any chance you can at least bring the Z10 with you in your vehicle? My girlfriend and I want to see it so badly it's not even funny, and if she could try it, it would go a long way towards her forgiving me for riding off alone with you guys with our only trail-capable wheel...  :rolleyes:

Yes we will bring the Z10 at this ride. Again, I didn't mean to oversell the conditions, I am almost entirely certain the Z10 will be fine on this ride, and under no circumstances will we endanger or imperil any equipment or riders, promise!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, who_the said:

Absolutely, 100-percent.

Yes we will bring the Z10 at this ride. Again, I didn't mean to oversell the conditions, I am almost entirely certain the Z10 will be fine on this ride, and under no circumstances will we endanger or imperil any equipment or riders, promise!

Understatement of the year ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arbolest said:

Is there any chance you can at least bring the Z10 with you in your vehicle? My girlfriend and I want to see it so badly it's not even funny, and if she could try it, it would go a long way towards her forgiving me for riding off alone with you guys with our only trail-capable wheel...  :rolleyes:

I'm handing the Z10 off to Jesse Friday afternoon, so he'll have it in the area for the next X weeks. It'll certainly be there Friday evening and I suspect Jesse will be riding it on Saturday too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm handing the Z10 off to Jesse Friday afternoon, so he'll have it in the area for the next X weeks. It'll certainly be there Friday evening and I suspect Jesse will be riding it on Saturday too.

oooh marty i can't believe your handing the z10 over, oooh dear that leaves you with the msx to ride and test ,,,,,pooor you?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, stephen said:

oooh marty i can't believe your handing the z10 over, oooh dear that leaves you with the msx to ride and test ,,,,,pooor you?

Yeah, all my wheels suffered. They've all been sitting idle for the last three weeks :efee565ab0:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...