Dualtron II Limited scooter for sale

PAR

Hi,

I hope your forum can help me because I don't know where to go on this one.  My son bought a Dualtron II Limited scooter (without telling us and without telling how much these things cost!) and it is totally impractical and too much power for what he was going to use it for.  We are in the Denver area and I am trying to find someone who may be interested in it.  It was taken out of the box and put together and ridden around the block once.  I've been calling every electric scooter and bike shop in Colorado and no one deals with these or knows of anyone interested.  I've been told from where he purchased it that they are in demand and have sold out months ago.  If anyone on your forum knows of someone in Colorado that wants to purchase one of these -- it was only ridden around the block once, we still have original box and everything -- please have them contact me.   Thank you.

also, I’m not good at the technology stuff of this forum (my first post had no title which is why I’m re-posting) and FYI it only enables me to have one response a day so if I don’t respond right away, please be understand it seems to be out of my control.  I will respond as soon as possible. Thank you. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, PAR said:

also, I’m not good at the technology stuff of this forum (my first post had no title which is why I’m re-posting) and FYI it only enables me to have one response a day so if I don’t respond right away, please be understand it seems to be out of my control.  I will respond as soon as possible. Thank you. 

The first few posts of new users need to be approved by moderators, as we've had a bit of a problem with spammers and bots posting crap, advertisements and such around. It's a bit of an inconvenience, but necessary. It may take a few hours before some mod comes along and approves the posts.

Also private messaging is limited at start.

I deleted your original thread (with the title "PAR"), as it was pretty much the same as this one.

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PAR said:

I've been told from where he purchased it that they are in demand and have sold out months ago. 

Yet they will not take it back for a “restocking fee”? If they are out of stock and there is a big demand why not ask them to, at least, point their next close disappointed customer in your direction. I would think that would be the least they can do?

What seller did he buy it from? These are very powerful machines, depending upon the age of your son they may have been behaving, at the very least, irresponsibly in selling it to him? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, esaj said:

The first few posts of new users need to be approved by moderators, as we've had a bit of a problem with spammers and bots posting crap, advertisements and such around. It's a bit of an inconvenience, but necessary. It may take a few hours before some mod comes along and approves the posts.

Also private messaging is limited at start.

I deleted your original thread (with the title "PAR"), as it was pretty much the same as this one.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

Price ?

$2,300

3 hours ago, Keith said:

Yet they will not take it back for a “restocking fee”? If they are out of stock and there is a big demand why not ask them to, at least, point their next close disappointed customer in your direction. I would think that would be the least they can do?

What seller did he buy it from? These are very powerful machines, depending upon the age of your son they may have been behaving, at the very least, irresponsibly in selling it to him? 

They said they would take it back when I spoke to them and I asked for referrals since they said they were in demand but have no supply but they haven’t answered recent email and as they said it would be easier and I should try to find someone locally because we have to take it apart and pay for shipping and restocking, etc.  I’m trying your forum because hopefully someone nearby wants it.  My son is old enough to buy it but it is too powerful and impractical to ride to classes on a crowded college campus. 

3 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

Price ?

$2,300

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Peteshmete said:

Sorry, i posted the previous reply in the wrong post....not for dualtron

That’s ok.  I’m having my own troubles trying to figure out how to maneuver in this forum.  I’m old and technologically inept!

Preorders where 1995. free fast charger and free shipping. Now they are 2095. Free shipping for a brand new.

you will have to take a hit on it weather you like it or not, can’t imagine someone buying used/ open box for more than Bramd new.

you have to be realistic if you wanna sell it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Preorders where 1995. free fast charger and free shipping. Now they are 2095. Free shipping for a brand new.

you will have to take a hit on it weather you like it or not, can’t imagine someone buying used/ open box for more than Bramd new.

Thank you for the info.  Was hoping someone in the area would want it and make an offer so we don’t have to dismantle it and ship it. 

Also have a Genesis scooter that needs new wheels   According to my son, impossible to replace those wheels   Do people ever buy the scooter for parts?  We don’t know what to do with it?

Thank you very much for price info.  Turns out when I asked my son how much he paid, I wasn’t aware he included the shipping in the price. 

Edited by PAR
Added to post

On 7/29/2018 at 9:48 PM, PAR said:

Thank you for the info.  Was hoping someone in the area would want it and make an offer so we don’t have to dismantle it and ship it. 

Also have a Genesis scooter that needs new wheels   According to my son, impossible to replace those wheels   Do people ever buy the scooter for parts?  We don’t know what to do with it?

Thank you very much for price info.  Turns out when I asked my son how much he paid, I wasn’t aware he included the shipping in the price. 

Your toys is correct.  If you want to sell it you will need to be way more aggressive with the price.  You can buy brand new at ewheels for 2095.  Unfortunately even when sold out or in demand you will not normally turn a profit on any of the PEV.  If I were you and I was selling mine I'd be looking more of listing it in the 1500-1800 range.  Being this is a "Tech" item too, it's already outdated.  Sell it for a small loss and move on, try the eBay route, or wait and risk loosing more.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Your toys is correct.  If you want to sell it you will need to be way more aggressive with the price.  You can buy brand new at ewheels for 2095.  Unfortunately even when sold out or in demand you will not normally turn a profit on any of the PEV.  If I were you and I was selling mine I'd be looking more of listing it in the 1500-1800 range.  Being this is a "Tech" item too, it's already outdated.  Sell it for a small loss and move on, try the eBay route, or wait and risk loosing more.  

Anything less than 1800 sounds extremely aggressive price-wise, at least to me. My guess, based on how I've seen ewheels sell in this subforum, he could get away with selling it 100-200 off sticker.  

4 minutes ago, Glitched said:

Anything less than 1800 sounds extremely aggressive price-wise, at least to me. My guess, based on how I've seen ewheels sell in this subforum, he could get away with selling it 100-200 off sticker.  

Agreed.  All depends on how bad he need to get rid of it.  Aggressive price, quick sale(hopefully).  Asking more than 1800 I would think most would just opt for a new one.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 2:30 PM, yourtoys7 said:

This is true only if it is the Dualtron 2 EX inside the Limited body. If it was purchased from an actual vendor that sold him an actual Limited, it would be more than the $2094 eWheels has its EX listed for. 
Just from browsing the manufacturer website, there is a 200 to 500 dollar price difference between the two versions. In which case (sticker price according to here[Or even here]) make the $2300.00 asking price a good deal. This is assuming it is a Limited (LTD) not an EX or EX+ or S version.

(All links lead to manufacturer's MSRP web page)

On 7/31/2018 at 7:20 PM, Acturbo said:

Being this is a "Tech" item too, it's already outdated. 

What do you mean by this? From what I understand, this device was only just released in the past few months, so what makes it outdated?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Esper said:

What do you mean by this? From what I understand, this device was only just released in the past few months, so what makes it outdated?

What I mean by this is the Ultra was the top of the line and the EX II just under.  They already have the thunder available and the dualtron III and another model I can't remember the name of.  So technically upon arrival of your dualtron II it's already outdated and there are more advanced scooters already available....................

8 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

What I mean by this is the Ultra was the top of the line and the EX II just under.  They already have the thunder available and the dualtron III and another model I can't remember the name of.  So technically upon arrival of your dualtron II it's already outdated and there are more advanced scooters already available....................

That is like saying, the new Mcm5 is outdated because there is the MsuperX. They are not successors, they are a different option. The Dualtron 2 replaced the Dualtron 1 and the 3 isn't even out yet. It is still on preorder without a posted date on it. Compare it to looking at the new shiny Ninebot Z10 that was on display over a year ago yet it still hasn't even sent out its first wave of units.

That Dualtron Thunder does look really nice though.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Esper said:

That is like saying, the new Mcm5 is outdated because there is the MsuperX. They are not successors, they are a different option. The Dualtron 2 replaced the Dualtron 1 and the 3 isn't even out yet. It is still on preorder without a posted date on it. Compare it to looking at the new shiny Ninebot Z10 that was on display over a year ago yet it still hasn't even sent out its first wave of units.

That Dualtron Thunder does look really nice though.

When I bought my MSuper V3S+ originally there was not a preorder for the M Super X 2-3 months later.  My point is we just got the EX II and were able to ride it and the replacement is about to launch.  Technology moves fast, soon it will be outdated, that's my only point.  Wait too long and it will likely not be worth quite as much.......... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Acturbo said:

When I bought my MSuper V3S+ originally there was not a preorder for the M Super X 2-3 months later.  My point is we just got the EX II and were able to ride it and the replacement is about to launch.  Technology moves fast, soon it will be outdated, that's my only point.  Wait too long and it will likely not be worth quite as much.......... 

Again I disagree. Just as there are several different wheel options, there are scooter options for people that want the nice, and new, and faster. What I am trying to say is that there are different scooters for different uses to allow a flexible range of choices from people of various incomes to choose from. This Dualtron 3 on preorder isn't going to get released next week so it shouldn't affect the price of the Dualtron 2 Ltd that is for sale right now. 
I don't really want to argue this debate as it is really meaningless. But what we should be focusing on is what actual scooter it is and what they are valued at new. As he has probably ridden it less distance than the person who boxed it, I think it should be fine labeled as 'New' but not 'unopened'

• Like 1

couple of things, No pic., No info. where purchase and No details on exact model.

assuming, purchased from eWheels, if Not and it is actually Limited model, than we need to know where is was purchased from (most likely no warranty at all). I purchased from eWheels, 1.5 hrs. in, my dualtron II Failed, eWheels paid for shipping both ways and got it fixed, this will Not happen with Aliexpress sellers.

Dualtron III is available from Aliexpress, these are expensive machines, know who you buy it from/ who provides what warranty if any...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 6:48 PM, PAR said: