Tesla reflexology mod (making it "legal")

Here in Sweden all bikes requires reflexes (reflectors), any kind of bell/ringer and light (red rear, white front) for night time riding.

Except the increased risk of being stopped and fined, i also want to be seen by other (sometimes STUPID/BLIND/NOT PAYING ATTENTION/USING CELL WHILE WALKING OR CYKLING ON WRONG SIDE/BIKE TRAIL and not in a straight line) trafficants so i decided to add correctly E marked reflectors.

1. Red Rear reflector (most important imo). Cut off protruding part with sharp blade knife. Place 25cm or more above ground level (Swedish demand if motor bike so why not to be sure)

2. White Front reflector (nice to have, but i see what's coming in front), same mod as above. Placed it high for now, since if it falls of its less likely to go under tyre. Angle a bit big but seem to reflect well.

3. Orange "Spoke reflector" were included in the kit i bought and i ditt sure have no spokes to mount them on, so i made a special solution (in case some blind f..k should miss the ring lights LOL). Cut one in two halves with dremel, file down to smooth out edges from dremel and round off sharp edges, keep e marking "tab" (in case police wants to check). Place them far forward and down low to prevent leg covering (or grinding against)  them.

Fixation with double adhesive tape

Fixed rear reflector with clas ohlsson "super tape" (guarantee adhesion up to 140°C) since it sits on pretty flat surface. Its allmost like some gummy/rubbery tape...stretches like gum and must have sharp scissor or knife to get clean cut.

Fixed front reflector with thicker foam tape due to more curve, but will add "super tape" in middle later as it does not stick very well.

Fixed side reflector with "foam tape" since they are uneven on "inside" due to reflector cell geometry...so foam to get "deeper grip". Seems to sit well.

Cut of parts outside of reflector body with sharp blade knife and stick onto wheel after cleaning with ethanol.

Job done, celebrate with a glass od wine ?

OAjm2WR.jpg

I have been saying that I am going to put reflectors on my MSuper ever sense I got it.  I was going to use reflective tape.  I guess I need to look up US laws on bike reflectors. I did not even think about yellow reflectors.  I put reflectors on my utility trailer a few years ago and they only required red and white.

The glass of wine is going to attract more cops than the reflectors will reflect. ?

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I got a set of red shoe lights from AliExpress which are kind of like illuminated headphones for your shoes.  They work pretty well when it gets darker.

???. All the girls at our local high school are wearing those. ?

But yes, good idea. 

On 7/27/2018 at 3:56 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  High school girls dig me.  One yelled out "That's lit!" when I rolled by.  :efee6b18f3:  I also go a pair of these light up shoes that I roll with sometimes.

I guess that is one way to hook up with girls ? didn't even think about that, ride with headphones most of the time...but ure right..when not, a lot of comments can be heard as you swoosh by like...what is that, a group of girls made space gun sounds (whatevwr that means), some just stare like ure an alien. I've seen one tesla and one ninebot EUC entire summer in Sweden (8w vacation) so it still is pretty rare i guess. And i dont even turn ring light's on...unless i really want to be seen.

A reflex vest is never a bad option...also makes cars c u ?

55 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

flashy.  I just like to stay visible to others who might want to crash into me.

Hunka....time to make yourself visible on the forum so we can see those fancy red LED shoe lights perform while riding your Tesla.   ?

6 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Is this US made (3M) tape on a motor bike helmet... At a specific size, the only reflector demands in France for a EUc? I thought E marking on reflectors were EU wide?

Or maybe the lack of explanation of your link, makes me misinterpret it as a commercial out of subject?

Archived