Replacing InMotion V8 Controller Board

Tim Koffler

Received my new controller board to swap out in my InMotion V8 and had a question. As I was disconnecting the old board I discovered that one of the pegs to the motor and the rubber covering on it was melted/charred a bit.,  So is the metal attachment that would slide onto the new board's peg (but only slightly).   My question:  do I need to replace that attachment, too? Or just plug in the new board and hope the same overload or whatever caused the rubber to melt, doesn't happen again?

20180725_221110b.jpg

20180725_221020b.jpg

20180725_221044b.jpg

I'm guessing the metal connector is just charred from the melted insulation. If so then as long as you can get a good solid connection to board and the crimp on the wire is good then in my opinion you should be fine.

I don't really see a need for insulation to be replaced if you don't want to. 

Do what makes you feel comfortable.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have instructions on how to replace the control board outside of just simple plug all the wires back into the ports they came out of, then plug the battery in and turn it on?  Nothing I need to do to make sure it is ok before I run power through it?

Tim

22 minutes ago, Tim Koffler said:

Does anyone have instructions on how to replace the control board outside of just simple plug all the wires back into the ports they came out of, then plug the battery in and turn it on?  Nothing I need to do to make sure it is ok before I run power through it?

Tim

Not really. Just insert, connect, power on, calibrate the gyro (you may need to register the new serial number, not sure), roll away (slowly until it has proven itself).

• Upvote 1

Using the Inmotion application. It's called `CAR Turning adjustment` or something similar in the wheel settings. Same place you update the firmware.

Pull the kill switch, set the V8 on its rear stand. Release the kill switch. Then perform the calibration in the app. 

• Upvote 1

:confused1:

I can only suggest that you double check that every connector has been correctly replaced on the new board, including both battery connectors... but I'm sure you have done that already. In your PM you said you now have resistance as you rotate the wheel. Double check the motor connectors are attached firmly and in the right order.

Here is my board for reference :

IMG_20180327_221216-1152x864.jpg

• Like 2