Buying New Tesla, any mods or issues to be aware of?

5 minutes ago, NECway said:

Well, to add to Tesla mishaps, my only fall from the Tesla happened when I was slowing down and I hit a bump followed by a dip. That was enough to separate me from the wheel. I landed on my butt with some bruising. The Tesla rolled and hit a curb. The damage to the Tesla was the light cluster got dislodged. I was not able to remove all the screws to separate the shell. Some screws got bent, and the last one was bent so much that there was no way of removing it, short of drilling it out. With help I pried the two halfs apart enough to reattach the light cluster. If I ever have an other accident very likely I will need to get a new shell to put the Tesla back together. In comparison my MCM4 had rolled many times and everything still seems solid.

Sometimes I think it's dumb luck as to what does or does not get damaged during a crash/fall. When I only had my Monster for couple of weeks, I stepped off of it on a slight incline and managed to lose my grip on it. The wheel rolled backwards a few feet and fell over on its side. The top part of the case separated and a couple of internal posts snapped. To this day it looks like Frankenstein's neck with a bolt through the shell.

Yet @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" has dropped his Monster innumerable times during various mountain group rides and his seems to be holding up fine. 

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:shock2:  Wow. Is the Suburban OK :lol:

That's quite the story. I'm going to assume that the Suburban's tires didn't actually roll over the wheel, just the undercarriage.

This is a great testimony that I'll have to remember :thumbup:

Nope, @Marty Backe the Suburban rear tire rolled right over the wheel.  I think what saved it was the fact that the pedals folded in and as the wheel was spinning the Suburban rolled over it when the wheel was laying flat on the ground, so the bulk of the weight was placed firmly on the pedals and pedal brackets and not the shell.  I would have expected some warping of the wheel, but nothing ... the wheel still rode great and I actually rode it another 3 miles home with no issue.

2 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Nope, @Marty Backe the Suburban rear tire rolled right over the wheel.  I think what saved it was the fact that the pedals folded in and as the wheel was spinning the Suburban rolled over it when the wheel was laying flat on the ground, so the bulk of the weight was placed firmly on the pedals and pedal brackets and not the shell.  I would have expected some warping of the wheel, but nothing ... the wheel still rode great and I actually rode it another 3 miles home with no issue.

Wow, very impressive. Somehow this should make it into a slogan - Gotway Wheels, Suburban Tough!

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, very impressive. Somehow this should make it into a slogan - Gotway Wheels, Suburban Tough!

That sounds like a cue for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love to do some more of his infamous graphic work!

On 7/27/2018 at 10:15 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It’s unfortunately that the Russians (except @Shad0z) are missing out on all the Tesla fun!  Oh well, from the looks of things they need rough and tumble wheels to crash.  :whistling:

I gotta go back and teach them! :D 

im selling my tesla in a few days to get a “big tesla” (msuper x) 

I just know it. 18 inch is my size. And the msuper x looks like a damn good wheel. 

Well, Thanks to all you, Tesla lovers, I decided not to wait to comming Tesla update,

but ordered one from Green Fashion on Aliexpress today. ?

Now I would like to learn everyting about Tesla to maximize turn on my investment  ?

On #alienrides videos you can hear as Tesla pedals scratching ground on heavy turns.

This is how I broke my ribs on MSuper with low pressure in tyre. 0mph fall.

Some of you guys succeed  with tyre upgrade to 2.50inch from stock 2.125.

It seems like a good idea, in order to get Tesla pedals higher.

I can also change pedals angle some grade, to prevent scratches.

What is your experience, guys? Any advice will be much appreciated.

I haven’t had a huge problem with pedal scrape, but a few pieces of automotive flat vinyl trim helps.  I’ve done some high speed corners and accidentally skimmed the ground.  The trim helps avoid scuffing up the aluminum finish.

I would double check inside though that all wiring is intact and positioned well.  I run 60 psi at my riding weight of 167 lbs over mostly smooth terrain and some off-roading.  It’s a bit of a harder ride, but I like the solid feel.  Congrats on choosing the Tesla.  Hopefully it will be a reliable wheel for you.

As I read this tread with all the good accolades written on Tesla ..I am actually looking at the wheel now as I just rode it here seeing it leaning against the wall waiting for me to take her home after late dinner..Yes the Tesla still stand tall today and very respectable despite the all the rave review about the new X! The Tesla being a one year old model that propel Gotway to the forefront of EUC with its first ever 2000w Motor and breakthrough ride algorithm that wow all the sceptic... still sitting high up there in a class of its own. It has the same motor with the new X but tune to turn a 16inch wheel. So u can imagine how the Tesla will ride in performance against the new X and the only difference is the comfort u will get fm a 19inch 3.0 tire and that ground clearance fm the new pedal! Otherwise u cannot exchange a tesla for an 18 in pure performance ?

@FlyingRat we’ve watched several of your videos here.  Keep up with the great job producing them.  You don’t have a cameraman that sets up the pass by shots, do you, or do you roll back to get the tripod?  Do you have a third arm to carry it?  :blink1:  Also how do you have access to so many different wheels?  Are you the Singaporean “Marty Backe?”

17 hours ago, Shad0z said:

I gotta go back and teach them! :D 

im selling my tesla in a few days to get a “big tesla” (msuper x) 

I just know it. 18 inch is my size. And the msuper x looks like a damn good wheel. 

I had a chance to ride the msuper x today. I loved it. Much more than the tesla for sure.

16 hours ago, Sergej Gerasimenko said:

Well, Thanks to all you, Tesla lovers, I decided not to wait to comming Tesla update,

but ordered one from Green Fashion on Aliexpress today. ?

Now I would like to learn everyting about Tesla to maximize turn on my investment  ?

On #alienrides videos you can hear as Tesla pedals scratching ground on heavy turns.

This is how I broke my ribs on MSuper with low pressure in tyre. 0mph fall.

Some of you guys succeed  with tyre upgrade to 2.50inch from stock 2.125.

It seems like a good idea, in order to get Tesla pedals higher.

I can also change pedals angle some grade, to prevent scratches.

What is your experience, guys? Any advice will be much appreciated.

In my time riding the tesla, it was very hard for me to get any pedal scrape. They are so high up compared to some other wheels I've ridden. 

17 minutes ago, Esper said:

In my time riding the tesla, it was very hard for me to get any pedal scrape. They are so high up compared to some other wheels I've ridden. 

I must say I have to agree with @Esper. In my own experience by the time you are scraping the pedals on the Tesla, you would be already leaning over so far, that for some other reason other than pedal scrape would be the only likely cause for a fall! The Tesla's pedal height, along with the dihedral angle really does allow for incredibly tight turns/circles, only bettered by the Newer pedal heights achieved with either MSX or V10F for instance.

5 hours ago, Esper said:

I had a chance to ride the msuper x today. I loved it. Much more than the tesla for sure.

im really itching to get an msuper x :D 

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I heard that they canceled your order.     Something about age restrictions? :confused1:         JK

haha :D 

no order placed yet though :( 

but SOON! :D 

i cant wait, im gonna sell my tesla in 1-2 days, and the 31th i get money, and then. the order gets placed :w00t2:

I agree with the consensus that the Tesla is quite durable, granted I dropped it probably 10x already at low speeds and minus a little scratch on the shell, it looks like new. The parts that are more noticeably scratched are underneath the pedals but I don’t count that as part of the cosmetics

On 7/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, Marty Backe said:

Sometimes I think it's dumb luck as to what does or does not get damaged during a crash/fall. When I only had my Monster for couple of weeks, I stepped off of it on a slight incline and managed to lose my grip on it. The wheel rolled backwards a few feet and fell over on its side. The top part of the case separated and a couple of internal posts snapped. To this day it looks like Frankenstein's neck with a bolt through the shell.

Yet @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" has dropped his Monster innumerable times during various mountain group rides and his seems to be holding up fine. 

Could be that @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" tithes twice as much to the Gotway Gods than you.

If you're in Vancouver, BC be careful if you ride around the PNE grounds as I think @musk got caught by that one cop who's on the lookout for these.  They gave him a $600 ticket and court appearance.  @Merrittous MonoWheel rode near downtown I think, and he was fine so it just depends on your luck over there I guess.  @Hatchet hasn't reported any issues so maybe it's just that one police officer who goes after these.  They also fine a guy who just bought his Boosted Board too.  

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1144306

If you're in Vancouver, Washington - no problems! 

39 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If you're in Vancouver, BC be careful if you ride around the PNE grounds as I think @musk got caught by that one cop who's on the lookout for these.  They gave him a $600 ticket and court appearance.  @Merrittous MonoWheel rode near downtown I think, and he was fine so it just depends on your luck over there I guess.  @Hatchet hasn't reported any issues so maybe it's just that one police officer who goes after these.  They also fine a guy who just bought his Boosted Board too.  

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1144306

If you're in Vancouver, Washington - no problems! 

Are they illegal in Canada? How's the legality over there for EUC right now?

:ph34r:  It isn't illegal unless you're caught.  :whistling:  I think in most provinces, technically they are not allowed since they cannot be insured and are not road-worthy according to government definitions.    I'm no lawologist, but I hear we are supposed to ride these only on private property.  I go by the theory that the police around where I live probably have more urgent matters to attend to rather than chasing me down.  I ride respectfully and slowly around my fellow pathway pedestrians so they have no grounds for complaint.  I'm friendly and try to be an ideal EUC ambassador for the sport.

Road hockey is also illegal, but people still do it.  :efef927839:  As long as they don't harm anyone, the police seem to turn a blind eye for the most part.  Toronto seems pretty lax so far just like New York City, but I hear some places have banned hoverboards in public.

Archived