Help needed for new Hoverboard

Rogerio Lima

Hi everyone ,i just bought a 6.5 hoverboard for my daughter´s birthday and she is having some problems to ride it.

Most of the times she tries to ride it,it starts to shake.It doesnt always shakes on the same side(right/left)

Her wieght is around 29 Kg(63Lb).

I tried to recalibrate it and it didnt solve the problem,and when i do it i can see that the lights dont flash at the same time.

Any suggestions of what is the problem?

Thanks in advance for your Help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2018 at 11:22 PM, Rogerio Lima said:

Hi everyone ,i just bought a 6.5 hoverboard for my daughter´s birthday and she is having some problems to ride it.

Most of the times she tries to ride it,it starts to shake.It doesnt always shakes on the same side(right/left)

Her wieght is around 29 Kg(63Lb).

I tried to recalibrate it and it didnt solve the problem,and when i do it i can see that the lights dont flash at the same time.

Any suggestions of what is the problem?

Thanks in advance for your Help.

Hi Rogerio,

It appears as though it can be one of two reasons:

Most 6.5 inch Hoverboards have a min. weight requirement of 25kg. However, some 6.5 inch boards require that little bit more. Otherwise, the gyroscopes will toggle, causing the Hoverboard to judder and vibrate underneath them. This is especially the case if they are not used to riding and are yet to become confident on the Hoverboard.

Another reason may be due to the sprockets being either too long or too short. The sprockets are that which elongate and pass through the infrared gyro sensors when weight is applied to the footplates.

Hope this helps!

SWEGWAY PRO

• 2 years later...