Ks18L Illegal equipment

Ouroboros

Hello dear forum!

This morning i was riding as usually, turned my KS off to climb some stairs (i switched off the tilt sensor to avoid bricking while trolleying). Few seconds later i switched it on and my wheel started to beep without reason and showing 4 red leds each side. Can't solve now. My app says "Illegal equipment". Any ideas?

Screenshot_20180725-092806.png

Screenshot_20180725-092803.png

20180725_092327.jpg

• Like 1

I am still able to ride it, even tho it beeps constantly. The tilt-back and "Please decelerate" message I never felt/heard before (I put it straight to up to 45) is now annoying me starting at 20km/h. Should I bring it back to the shop?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

Won't be a problem then! I'll rush to see him in a few hours, as soon as he opens the shop ?

Thank you for the tip!

No problem...you are welcome!

Again...if that might be a problem for the shop...contact me....

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

I am still able to ride it, even tho it beeps constantly. The tilt-back and "Please decelerate" message I never felt/heard before (I put it straight to up to 45) is now annoying me starting at 20km/h. Should I bring it back to the shop?

You should also try to go to Urban360 shop in Paris, they can fix it for you...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 2:31 PM, TomOnWheels said:

You should also try to go to Urban360 shop in Paris, they can fix it for you...

Problem solved =)

Anyway, I had a very strange case, normally this error (loss of the serial number by the machine) may occur when you update the software part. I've managed to lose it by simply switching on/off my wheel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Problem solved ?

Anyway, I had a very strange case, normally this error (loss of the serial number by the machine) may occur when you update the software part. I've managed to lose it by simply switching on/off my wheel.

How did you solve it ? It can help, just in case someone else will face that issue...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, Ouroboros said:

Problem solved =)

Bonjour Ouroboros, j'ai actuellement le meme soucis avec ma roue et je voudrais savoir comment tu as fais pour régler ton soucis svp

On 7/25/2018 at 12:48 PM, US69 said:

No problem...you are welcome!

Again...if that might be a problem for the shop...contact me....

Any chance Kingsong can explain why this problem appears sometimes? It seems to happen randomly on updates, and I have never heard of this with any other manufacturer.

• 2 months later...
Hello !
My k16-s displays "illegal equipment" too, the wheel works perfectly only I can not change the settings via the application (led, speed etc). Can someone help me?
Edited by Teax

1 hour ago, Teax said:

Hello !
My k16-s displays "illegal equipment" too, the wheel works perfectly only I can not change the settings via the application (led, speed etc). Can someone help me?

Did you signed in the app with your serial number, your mail and a password before try to connect the wheel?

On 10/22/2018 at 4:02 PM, Teax said:

Hello !

Please contact your seller for help!

• 9 months later...
23 minutes ago, arkoand said:

Today gave me error ks18l.  Same problem no serial number or serial number error.   it s not working and there is red light.  Did you solve this problem ?

happened to me a few times... turning the wheel on and off a few times, restarting the app a few times, and toggling the "lock" and "unlock" option has always resolved it for me... only ever happened to new wheels out of the box ive never seen it just happen randomly.. though it can happen after a firmware update