Ninebot Z10

Ather

12 hours ago, Esper said:

You can not ship it air either as it has a Li-on Battery. Those are banned from air shipping.

You cannot take batteries above a miniscule capacity on passenger planes. Freight planes are allright. Often dealers get their first batch per plane for faster delivery.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You cannot take batteries above a miniscule capacity on passenger planes. Freight planes are allright. Often dealers get their first batch per plane for faster delivery.

Exactly!!!

Sure you can get Lithium Ion Batteries sent by air! The only thing is they are dangerous goods and so have to be in cargo freight and be special declared and a maximum on one pallet. The world industry would have some troubles if battery would be only allowed to ship!

I received several EUC from china by air freight. They are special declared as Dangerous Good and also, when over a certain Watthour limit, as „Overpackage“...

The USA restrictions HAD been harder for a while, so that wheel and battery must be shipped seperatly. But even these restrictions are gone now, and as long as the forwarder declares everything fine, its no problem to get a EUC by airplane!

Sure: it costs a lot of money, depending on the weight of each wheel and the timeframe wanted.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, US69 said:

Exactly!!!

Sure you can get Lithium Ion Batteries sent by air! The only thing is they are dangerous goods and so have to be in cargo freight and be special declared and a maximum on one pallet. The world industry would have some troubles if battery would be only allowed to ship!

I received several EUC from china by air freight. They are special declared as Dangerous Good and also, when over a certain Watthour limit, as „Overpackage“...

The USA restrictions HAD been harder for a while, so that wheel and battery must be shipped seperatly. But even these restrictions are gone now, and as long as the forwarder declares everything fine, its no problem to get a EUC by airplane!

Sure: it costs a lot of money, depending on the weight of each wheel and the timeframe wanted.

I contacted the seller. He said my wheel is waiting in Hong Kong for a special flight that takes these kinds of batteries. According to him these Zs are production wheels, not pre-production. He said there are no production problems - maybe they make them in various sites.

1 hour ago, Ziiten said:

I contacted the seller. He said my wheel is waiting in Hong Kong for a special flight that takes these kinds of batteries. According to him these Zs are production wheels, not pre-production. He said there are no production problems - maybe they make them in various sites.

Your wheel would have been produced before the reported problem, and the dealer may not yet be aware of any issue since it is a recent event.  Still companies tend to use all sorts of excuses, but it does not really matter, the order is delayed :( regardless.  Enjoy your Z10, looks like a nice advancement in EUCs other than the weight.

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Although it is terrible, it is functional and I've been making use of it. I'd rather have my Z10 then wait a couple of months for a re-engineered version.

Purely by happenstance I discovered that if you tumble the Z10 thirty or so meters down a hill, the trolley handle will get bent and distorted in such a way that it becomes stiff to operate and  less floppy; a better trolley handle! YMMV :D

??

• Like 1

I ordered my Z10, Mten3 and MCM5 48 hours ago, now my new wheels on the way, taxes prepaid.

Much recommended seller, very competent, pardon his English. Here is the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1908673?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.52fd1001JpXO86

1 hour ago, iCafe said:

I ordered my Z10, Mten3 and MCM5 48 hours ago, now my new wheels on the way, taxes prepaid.

Much recommended seller, very competent, pardon his English. Here is the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1908673?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.52fd1001JpXO86

Well known seller here…..Green Fashion travaling ?

Exspect delivery times from happy 9 up to frustrating 35 days  …...

15 minutes ago, US69 said:

This is what I’m going through right now...it’s been 4 weeks, finally has a UPS tracking number but hasn’t been picked up for about a week. 

Seller is very prompt to answer any questions you might have. 

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Wrong, 9 days up to 62 days...  (62 days to NYC) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Wrong, 9 days up to 62 days...  (62 days to NYC) 

Wouldn’t the AliExpress buyer’s protection kicked in by then?

Did you get any compensation from AliExpress or the seller?

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Here in Europe, it arrives to UPS Europe within a weeks by rail or road, not trackable mod.

Than in comes to your door overnight, no Tax within EU.

In US cam be different timetable/ route.

I do it on regular basis.

My first wheel is from IPS, from 2007!!!

22 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Wouldn’t the AliExpress buyer’s protection kicked in by then?

Did you get any compensation from AliExpress or the seller?

The wheel finally arrived exactly two months from the date ordered.

Chen at Green travel is a fair seller and a good guy, I trust him.  The problem with Ali, is the seller can keep changing the protection dates at will, without your consent.  Its kind of silly, however google it and you will see a lot of people complaining about this policy.  Ive only used them when my trusty ( very trusty) dealer is out of a wheel for a scheduled long time, or I need a part my dealer doesn't have.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iCafe said:

Here in Europe, it arrives to UPS Europe within a weeks by rail or road, not trackable mod.

Than in comes to your door overnight, no Tax within EU.

In US cam be different timetable/ route.

I do it on regular basis.

My first wheel is from IPS, from 2007!!!

Welcome...i am from Europe! And that was my timetable 9to35 days....in about 5 Eucs....

And no...i doesnt arrive on Railroad...it goes by plane to Amsterdam or London, depending in the forwarder...and then it goes by UPS/DHL to your door!

and btw....the tax is not “pre-paid”...this hole system is based on fraud/scam to the EU...the ali-shops partnered with some 3rd party shops in EU...and then as once it is in EU (at the partner “import” shop) it goes to your door and the EU is betrayed by the normaly to pay about 24% customs for bycycle\EUC that ALL our our regular European shops have to pay when importing...

Thats why they have pricewise no chance to compete with ali....

And thats btw not ali alone...all bigger known online shops, best example is Gearbest is setting up nearly the same fraud to not go over customs....even chinese seller on amazon are doing this custom scam!

Edited by US69

55 minutes ago, US69 said:

Welcome...i am from Europe! And that was my timetable 9to35 days....in about 5 Eucs....

And no...i doesnt arrive on Railroad...it goes by plane to Amsterdam or London, depending in the forwarder...and then it goes by UPS/DHL to your door!

and btw....the tax is not “pre-paid”...this hole system is based on fraud/scam to the EU...the ali-shops partnered with some 3rd party shops in EU...and then as once it is in EU (at the partner “import” shop) it goes to your door and the EU is betrayed by the normaly to pay about 24% customs for bycycle\EUC that ALL our our regular European shops have to pay when importing...

Thats why they have pricewise no chance to compete with ali....

And thats btw not ali alone...all bigger known online shops, best example is Gearbest is setting up nearly the same fraud to not go over customs....even chinese seller on amazon are doing this custom scam!

But, who likes to pay taxes :confused1:

FYI, as far as I can see, nobody pays taxes on EUCs bought in the United States, and that makes me happy :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

FYI, as far as I can see, nobody pays taxes on EUCs bought in the United States, and that makes me happy :D

Me too dont want...i am happy to got my wheels for such a low price!

I justed wanted to explain, whats the reality behind it...and why many of europe stationary sellers Got NO chance to compete anymore!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, US69 said:

I justed wanted to explain, whats the reality behind it...and why many of europe stationary sellers Got NO chance to compete anymore!

OK, but your choice of words made it sound like you did not like people avoiding the taxes. That's why I made my comment.

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, but your choice of words made it sound like you did not like people avoiding the taxes. That's why I made my comment.

Haaaa....i am the first one who trys to ?

• Like 1

Well, If you can not bite them, join them! ?

Thanks to the industrial creativity of people at Gotway 

and the commercial creativity of shops as Green Fashion,

whole world can join the One Wheel Revolution.

We have to do all it takes, to get people out of their cars! ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, US69 said:

Great American Independence from GB was started by those  who did not want to pay taxes. It is interesting to note that even with high custom tax on EUC imports, there is still no EUC manufacturer in EU. 

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I paid 8.25% state sales tax on my E+.  Ordered through Texas Segway, shipped from Segway New Hampshire. :mellow:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I paid 8.25% state sales tax on my E+.  Ordered through Texas Segway, shipped from Segway New Hampshire. :mellow:

Makes sense. Same with people who buy from Amazon, etc. But if you buy from a dealer I haven't seen evidence of having to pay taxes. I've never paid taxes on any of the multitude of wheels that I've purchased.

• Like 1