Ninebot Z10

Ather

8 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Looking at that message thread I don't feel like I was ignoring you, there was a question about crediting the deposit for the other order. I'm sorry you weren't included in the other updates. Found the reason, the system for generating who gets the notifications is governed by the SKUs; with your purchase, the deposit was added as a second purchase item & therefore didn't get included in that update list, since corrected.

I will be posting a Help Wanted ad on the forum over the weekend. Anyone who is crazy interested in working this field in the US, feel free to drop me an email to jason@ewheels.com. Looking for someone who is organized, disciplined, can churn out quality responses by the bucket load, some technical background is desirable, must have passionate intensity about Wheeling... 

Also wanted to send out an apology for anyone who has had trouble getting a response lately; this week has seen two product line recalls —Dualtron Scooter controllers where the throttles go full steam when powered on, in addition to the V10F battery fiasco)—tariffs, & worker troubles, sort of a annus horribilis week; will persevere & bounce back from these setbacks ;) 

i’m not really running that kind of business, but i get over a hundred emails a day, so since emails come from ewheels, jason etc i don’t wanna miss the invoicing of the remainder i owe for the z10.

1. are they gonna go out next week?

2. when are u gonna invoice for the air freight? 

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Eagles touched down at 14:35 PST today, clearing Customs as quickly as possible. Email with purchase links (for those who placed the deposit on mid-June or earlier) are going out tomorrow,  if all goes well, shipping out to Customers on Monday/Tuesday.   

kewl, shipping from out west i suppose, so week after next for me.

and then look at it until october until it cools off here.

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Eagles touched down at 14:35 PST today, clearing Customs as quickly as possible. Email with purchase links (for those who placed the deposit on mid-June or earlier) are going out tomorrow;  if all goes well, shipping out to Customers on Monday/Tuesday.   

Nice! ?

Can’t wait to get my own ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

I remember when the pre-order page went live...I  was skeptical about the deposit thing until I learned the Chinese distributors were doing the same thing to their customers

FWIW, I know Jason didn't really feel inclined to do the pre-order system at first (just fulfill orders when stock was secured in the LA fulfillment center, per the eWheels usual), but I know, at least here in NYC, everyone was so antsy seeing other countries/dealers do pre-order payments to secure the latest up-and-coming wheels, that many of us definitely *cough* nudged for such a pre-order page/system :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Ok, thanks, just wanted to check it wasn't just me (think I've got you beat with Day 1, March ... jeez, has it been that long?!).

march 16th for me and no email yet as far as i know 8-8 was the last one, but yeah it would sure be easy to miss in my inbox. i hope jason lets people know here he sent the next email out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rotciv said:

I remember when the pre-order page went live...I  was skeptical about the deposit thing until I learned the Chinese distributors were doing the same thing to their customers

Well that is not exactly true for all Chinese dealers. After I told my Chinese dealer in May 2017 that I wanted a Z they informed me regularly about the approximate release date. (But recommended to buy a Tesla until then, because it could be a while. Which I did!). 

At the beginning of July ‘18 my dealer send me a notice that they would get their first batch of Zs on 10th of July asking if I still wanted one. I said yes, they send me an invoice. I paid. They send the wheel out via UPS on the 16th. Had it on the 19th here in Japan, got it a few days later after customs clearance. Happy ? every day since.

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Well that is not exactly true for all Chinese dealers. After I told my Chinese dealer in May 2017 that I wanted a Z they informed me regularly about the approximate release date. (But recommended to buy a Tesla until then, because it could be a while. Which I did!). 

At the beginning of July ‘18 my dealer send me a notice that they would get their first batch of Zs on 10th of July asking if I still wanted one. I said yes, they send me an invoice. I paid. They send the wheel out via UPS on the 16th. Had it on the 19th here in Japan, got it a few days later after customs clearance. Happy ? every day since.

:popcorn:If only it was so smooth and easy here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

@Toshio Uemura

From which dealer did you get your wheel.

7 hours ago, Ziiten said:

@Toshio Uemura

From which dealer did you get your wheel.

Sorry! Since I am not dealing with EUCs and for that reason do not recommend any specific products or shops for commercial reasons, I prefer to keep this information to myself. I am taking risks any time I send money to China, but these are my personal risks, so I am not comfortable with recommending companies outside of Japan, even if I personally trust them. I hope for your understanding.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Can anyone confirm? Hoping I didn’t miss the mark. 

Yes, I got my e-mail and bought the wheel. If you didn't get the e-mail then you must not have been one of the first 50 depositors :(

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, I got my e-mail and bought the wheel. If you didn't get the e-mail then you must not have been one of the first 50 depositors :(

Hey Marty... was there something in the email regarding a response/time frame for those who may decide to not pay the extra Air freight charge so Jason can continue down his list??

1 minute ago, Marcglider said:

Hey Marty... was there something in the email regarding a response/time frame for those who may decide to not pay the extra Air freight charge so Jason can continue down his list??

2-days

• Like 1

Good morning,

On late Friday, the first batch of the long awaited Z10s landed in LA. On placing the order from the link below, your orders will be getting shipped out to you, our early deposit Customers, early next week.
  • If you are not interest in purchasing a Z10, after 48hrs, we will be offering the option to the next set of preorder Customers, should no response be received.
  • If you had used your deposit to purchase a different Wheel, you can still exercise the option to acquire a Z10, a payment request will be sent for the remaining balance before shipping.   
I wanted to extend a special thanks to Chris, Shawn, Cooch Tech, & Marty for their extensive & thorough YouTube videos, helping to inform the Wheel community about this exciting new product. 

Thank you for your support & enjoy the rest of your weekend, 

Jason

Questions & Answers 
  • Is it possible to wait for the sea-freight shipment to arrive in order to save on shipping?
    Yes, but with the impending 25% tariffs set to take effect on the 23rd, the landed price will be higher than this first air-freight consignment. Also, the September production schedule has yet to be confirmed, so there is some uncertainty about the exact delivery time-frame. 
  • What are the implications of the August 23rd tariffs for future orders?
    While we can absorb some of these additional costs, it is not possible to maintain the current price level. The next round will see a ~13% price increase, to $2,000USD. This is still less than other Distributors who are offering Z10 within Europe.
  • When will these Z10s actually ship out to Customers?
    These made landfall on late Friday. If all goes to plan, Customs clearance will take place on Monday & delivered to our LA warehouse/Fulfillment center, where they will then be sent out to Customers from there. This may also be on Monday, but more probably Tuesday.  
  • Can I purchase more than one Z10?
    Owing to the very limited supply in this round, we are forced to limit the order quantity to one—except if you had placed two deposits in the beginning noting that you wanted two Z10s.  
  • One of the main complaints in the preproduction Z10, was the poor grip surfaces on the pedals, has this been improved?
    Yes, while the Z10 is still fitted with the less than perfect E+ pedals, there is now an antislip grip-tape stencil applied around the pedal surface, which should improve the safety under wet conditions. 
  • Will improved pedals be available later on?
    We’re going to try our best to push this through! As the feedback accumulates from more Customers, these opinions will trickle up the chain of command to the Ninebot product managers.
  • Is there a rapid-charger available for the Z10? When will this be available?
    Ninebot have chosen to fit a propriety charging connector, which has made it impossible to use other 3rd party chargers. They [Ninebot] had promised to deliver their own 4A rapid-charger, but we’re still awaiting information about this, have yet to received an expected delivery date.  
  • Are spare parts available for order?
    Had attempted to place an order for parts with this batch 1, but were told ‘because of the higher than expected demand [e.g. insufficient planning], all the parts have been allocated for the production.’ In the next order round, we will be ordering a number of extras like tires, handle-kits, extra chargers, panels, & pedals.  
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Sorry! Since I am not dealing with EUCs and for that reason do not recommend any specific products or shops for commercial reasons, I prefer to keep this information to myself. I am taking risks any time I send money to China, but these are my personal risks, so I am not comfortable with recommending companies outside of Japan, even if I personally trust them. I hope for your understanding.

Hmm...you were not ask to “recommend” them....just where you bought it ;-)

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

These made landfall on late Friday. If all goes to plan, Customs clearance will take place on Monday & delivered to our LA warehouse/Fulfillment center, where they will then be sent out to Customers from there. This may also be on Monday, but more probably Tuesday.  

and what i think would be a very fair logical thing to do, is ship out us east coaster wheels on monday and whenever for the west coasters.

gonna be a week by ground for us.

Hey @Marty Backe... on a slightly different note,  me and @JES did not make the list for the Z as we expected... BUT we did go for a ride this morning 48 miles, about 20 of which he rode my new ACMv2.... Think we got a Live One, and Jason will have another sale this week (IN STOCK )... LOL... did I already say I love that wheel??? :cheers: