Ninebot Z10

Ather

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

But, who likes to pay taxes :confused1:

FYI, as far as I can see, nobody pays taxes on EUCs bought in the United States, and that makes me happy :D

Careful Marty. Some Californian excise tax person might see your post and come after you to pay the use tax (plus penalties and interest) on all the wheels you've ever purchased. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ather said:

Did anyone receive an Z10 purchase link email from Jason? I am not sure if I am the first 75. I put my deposit on 7th July. 

Not yet, but if you placed your deposit in July I think you should expect your wheel some time in November ;)

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Not yet, but if you placed your deposit in July I think you should expect your wheel some time in November ;)

Don't break my heart :)

Per Jason's email 

For those who ordered between mid-June to until early July, there's still a good chance at getting one of the first air-shipped Z10s

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ather said:

Don't break my heart :)

Per Jason's email 

For those who ordered between mid-June to until early July, there's still a good chance at getting one of the first air-shipped Z10s

I'm just having a little fun. I too am anxiously waiting for his e-mail announcing that the Z10 is in the house.

Hope you get a chance to get a wheel from the first wave :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm just having a little fun. I too am anxiously waiting for his e-mail announcing that the Z10 is in the house.

Hope you get a chance to get a wheel from the first wave :thumbup:

Marty, did you make any decision about having your Z10 shipped by air? 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Marty, did you make any decision about having your Z10 shipped by air? 

Yes. Since I want to enjoy the wheel during summer, I've decided to pay the air freight charge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes. Since I want to enjoy the wheel during summer, I've decided to pay the air freight charge.

Good man! Summer? I was under the impression CA had 365 days of nice weather. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

"You guys" think it's summer all year long, but when we get to November and the temp's drop into the mid to upper 60's, it's winter as far as I'm concerned :cry2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

yeah right, good excuse.

i damn sure would rather pay $190 and get it in a couple of weeks instead of payng more in october because of a tax. even if i only look at between now and october. 

i hope @Jason McNeil lights a fire under ninebot and they get this first batch on the plane enroute.

i had already paid $1580 to jason for the 18L but the problems with the wheel made me cancel that order and switch funds to the z10. so i’m waay overdue for a new wheel anyway.

so yeah, sign me up for air freight. buying these wheels is too sketchy to wait around for another surprise.

@Rehab1 and i should get our wheels about the same time and then i’m gonna try my hand at making slip on pedal protectors like he made me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

"You guys" think it's summer all year long, but when we get to November and the temp's drop into the mid to upper 60's, it's winter as far as I'm concerned :cry2:

Sorry for your dismal winter climate  :D

44039957711_d19486982c_b.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yeah right, good excuse.

i damn sure would rather pay $190 and get it in a couple of weeks instead of payng more in october because of a tax. even if i only look at between now and october. 

i hope @Jason McNeil lights a fire under ninebot and they get this first batch on the plane enroute.

i had already paid $1580 to jason for the 18L but the problems with the wheel made me cancel that order and switch funds to the z10. so i’m waay overdue for a new wheel anyway.

so yeah, sign me up for air freight. buying these wheels is too sketchy to wait around for another surprise.

@Rehab1 and i should get our wheels about the same time and then i’m gonna try my hand at making slip on pedal protectors like he made me.

I'm not convinced that 'avoiding a tariff' is a justifiable reason for paying the air freight. First, I doubt that any tariff will affect EUCs (I think it's scaremongering gone amok). Second, if you calculate the supposed tariff amount on the cost of the Z10, it's going to be very close to the cost of the air freight.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

First, I doubt that any tariff will affect EUCs (I think it's scaremongering gone amok).

So one of the items listed in the "Final Second Tranche" is...

8711.60.00  -  Motorcycles (incl. mopeds) and cycles, w/electric motor for propulsion

Which sort of suggests that they may be tariffed.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So one of the items listed in the "Final Second Tranche" is...

8711.60.00  -  Motorcycles (incl. mopeds) and cycles, w/electric motor for propulsion

Which sort of suggests that they may be tariffed.

We'll see, but my second point still stands.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that 'avoiding a tariff' is a justifiable reason for paying the air freight. First, I doubt that any tariff will affect EUCs (I think it's scaremongering gone amok). Second, if you calculate the supposed tariff amount on the cost of the Z10, it's going to be very close to the cost of the air freight.

that’s my point. even if i didn’t need it until oct. i’d rather have it here, practically already paid for it, than paying the same amount as the air freight in taxes and maybe getting the “second” run in october. who knows, if the tariff thing is real, ninebot might say screw it and not produce anymore. it’s their perogative. ain’t exactly a staple. 

pretty sure the z10 will be ranch friendly, so i definitely want it. i’m patient enough to wait but too many variables in play to chance it. 

so if the raw cost of a wheel was say 1000, the tariff or tax would be $250?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

that’s my point. even if i didn’t need it until oct. i’d rather have it here, practically already paid for it, than paying the same amount as the air freight in taxes and maybe getting the “second” run in october. who knows, if the tariff thing is real, ninebot might say screw it and not produce anymore. it’s their perogative. ain’t exactly a staple. 

pretty sure the z10 will be ranch friendly, so i definitely want it. i’m patient enough to wait but too many variables in play to chance it. 

so if the raw cost of a wheel was say 1000, the tariff or tax would be $250?

I have no insight in the tariff amount.

Your reasoning expressed here seems sound, but I doubt Ninebot will stop making Z10's even if the tariff is 100-percent. The United States has to be a small market relative to Europe and the East.

I wonder if the tariff actually happened (which I still doubt), would guys like Chen (Green Traveling shop) be affected? I bet they would still ship the wheels under the radar of the tax collectors. Hmmm.

• Like 3

would guys like Chen (Green Traveling shop) be affected? I bet they would still ship the wheels under the radar of the tax collectors. Hmmm.

If everyone only thinks of themselves, then everyone is thought of! ?? ? Americans can be so patriotic.... (whistle)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wonder if the tariff actually happened (which I still doubt), would guys like Chen (Green Traveling shop) be affected? I bet they would still ship the wheels under the radar of the tax collectors. Hmmm.

Here in New Zealand, items that are shipped in direct (eg. from someone like Chen) will be held by our Customs department until we pay the appropriate taxes and duties. 

So if it slips through, all may be good. But if it is spotted, it may become a problem for the buyer rather than the seller. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Here in New Zealand, items that are shipped in direct (eg. from someone like Chen) will be held by our Customs department until we pay the appropriate taxes and duties. 

So if it slips through, all may be good. But if it is spotted, it may become a problem for the buyer rather than the seller. 

From my experience with Chen, United States customs appears to play no role. SpeedyFeet too. No duties or taxes ever paid. I don't pretend to know how it works. All I know is that I give me credit card, make the purchase, and the items appear at my front door without any additional paperwork or fees.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes but does it ever rain at your place? I mean proper rain.

And for winter weather you need icy condition or at least snow on the roadsides.

If you like to get an idea of what I mean look up extreme euc on you tybe, he has some nice winter videos.  I believe he is Finnish, as his you tube name suggest he do some crazzy stuff on EUCs

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

We’ll find out soon enough. When I communicated with Jason last week he expressed concern about the tariffs but it appears nothing is definitive yet. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1