IT'S ALIVE!

hal2000

So, it's been almost 3 weeks since my 18L died due to so called "trolley lock issue". I got it back now and, guess what, IT'S ALIVE! :)

Many thanks to eunicycles.eu. I've bought some cars in my life and I have to say that I have never met such a passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated car dealer as Richard is a EUC dealer.

Anyways... Ritchie made me believe that the lift sensor feature is one of the key ones on 18L so I will keep it ON. Whatever happens I will keep you informed ;)

I strongly suggest you turn it off. I was 1.07 when mine locked up. And, it only works about 40% of the time , from my 1st week using it.

I take back that suggestion. I just had lock up #2 with lift disabled. Seems it does not matter.

21 minutes ago, nte said:

Was the strain gauge separated from the metal trolley tube?

In fact, the trolley tubes have a defect. When they are completely closed, the mechanism that is suppose to lock them in this position do not work correctly. For this, you have to dismount the tubes and fix the mechanism. Also after doing that I've noticed that the screw that fix the sensor to trolley tubes was putting to much effort on it so i decided to fix it too. After calibrating with app, all now works expected. It is just important to pay attention to completely lock the trolley before holding up the wheel as if only one side is locked it will put too much effort and brake it again. All in all the trolley system is a big industrial and engineering mistake. I'm actually looking on how to replace it with trolley tubes coming from Delsay or Samsonite suitcases.  

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Mono said:

How does the lift sensor actually work? What does the sensor actually sense?

It measures force that is used to lift the wheel. There are two load cells, also called tensometers. They are very similar to the load cells used in bathroom scales.

Archived