My KS18L Matt black, riding, cruising, just one big fat smile

Unventor

Guest PogArt Artur
8 hours ago, Unventor said:

I guess it is time for an little update. I just breached the 1900km milage mark today. Soon the 2k Km is passed too.

As fory tag line "with a big fat smile ony face" I can only say it is still true. And I tend to ride evermore frequently and slowly getting out of winter hibernation, being able to ride longer rides againg.

My training plans has been set back by my dislocated shoulder accident. But even that day enden in a huge fat smile as I were asked by nurse to show her how I ride in A&E hallways as I were discharged and sent home. 

Just imagine what it takes to bring a smile on the face after this20190330_123127.thumb.jpg.1b1f682caf86e9a39e3142d7681238d5.jpg

And entering hospital A&E around 18:00 hours getting out aroung 03:20 next morning.

And yet still I rode the wheel into hopsital and to accindent site on my way home.

Anyway still very very happy with my wheel. But also looking forward to the KS16X. 

Best regards to you :)

12 hours ago, Unventor said:

And entering hospital A&E around 18:00 hours getting out aroung 03:20 next morning.

03:20... Isn't that about when the party is just getting started!?!?!?!   :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

03:20... Isn't that about when the party is just getting started!?!?!?!   :D

Used to be in my youth days in Denmark. But here is Sweden most are so drunk that they leave earlier. People here in Swefen tend to speed drink 10-15 beers and then wounder why the are poorly the rest of the weekend. 

Where in Denmark we did drink a lot but more slowly so it was more like everyday English pub style, speedwice.

Of couse the above is stereotypes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Used to be in my youth days in Denmark. But here is Sweden most are so drunk that they leave earlier. People here in Swefen tend to speed drink 10-15 beers and then wounder why the are poorly the rest of the weekend. 

Where in Denmark we did drink a lot but more slowly so it was more like everyday English pub style, speedwice.

Of couse the above is stereotypes.

I'm thinking that I should pretend that I don't understand, so that you can show me the "correct" method when I am passing through...   :cheers:

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 1:51 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm thinking that I should pretend that I don't understand, so that you can show me the "correct" method when I am passing through...   :cheers:

Let me know a little time in advance so I can book holiday from work. It would be a blast to meet the farther and mother of 20190305_180132.thumb.jpg.77127c87053bb4314bfdce2b9fec1a92.jpg

😁😎 

Maybe I would need a sister in different colour...

Unfortunately I only have my one EUC. But @Jens Ronnedal have 2 V8 and his KS18XL. 

So maybe we can bribe him so you have a ride...

Of course I am getting a KS16X asap KS are ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another sad update today....in a way.

I almost started to cry when I saw this charging my wherel tonight. 😟

Screenshot_20190506-235420_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.637605c8026f5e575abae04f8b3181b0.jpg

So darn close to another milestone for me. Less than 250m off 2k Km on my KS16L.

People reading updates on my crash history threat will notice I started rehab physiotherapy today. 

So I blame the tiger balm with camphor, I used to soften up my aching neck after todays traning, not the 250m short milage....😢

But that brings me to tomorrow with an easy milestone achievement 😉 and yet another big fat smile on my face😁

More training tomorrow to hopeful be 120% ready when KS16X starts shipping out.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Well it has been a while since I updated this thread. Many reasons like all other things, excuses 🙄

However... I had a crash back on the 31st of March 2019. Dislocated my shoulder, wheel tumbled like 10-15meter at 25ish kmh. At first the EUC bodyguard made it look it took the impact. So I kept riding it... forölike 6 months or so. But since I got sande in the pedals/axel I wanted to clean that up on August, that was when I discovered the shape of my wheel.. was not good at all. 

Being 1st batch the structure had a weakness, it was prone to break of mountion taps for the sidecovers. It turned out my dealer hard tried to fix this and of course done a very poor job at it. That dealer seems to be out of business so I have no way claiming anything from them. 

Long story a bit shorted I have today completed a total rebuild replacing inner structure and lamps and rim cover with all buttons and ports. This has been taking a long time since I had a hard time getting spare parts. 

So if weather hold up I will be test riding tomorrow to work (2km commute). I have tested that it balance right, reajcusted lift sensors (100% succes on 20ish lifts) and balance calibrations. So all lights are green (soon, recharging it now overnight to rebalanced batteries) for tomorrow. 😁

So it is going to be light rain in the afternoon but it seems to be a good test to see if I did a good enough job on the rebuild. 

So I am now ready for stage 2. I got a 2nd set of side covers and top cover to test spray painting it. But I decided to postpone it until spring as it is very windy and cold here most of the time, so hard to control the spray and issues with drying paint. 

Anyway I guess I rode about 1500kmh with loose sidecovers only hold together by your product @The Fat Unicyclist.

So right now I am back in business with all 3 wheels. 😁

• Like 1

@Unventor are the side covers for the KS wheels easy and cheap (relatively) to swap? I think the idea of getting a second set of side covers and custom painting them would be awesome. (Haven’t gotten my “next” wheel yet, but am inching closer to an 18XL or 16X... not sure which one yet and happy (begging!) to get input.

Edited by MR BRAD

Yes it is fairly easy job. You remove the top and ancle side pads. Suggest to use a pry tool I link a pic later (this is a tip I saw from the amazing @The Fat Unicyclist, so kodo to him o7).

You have 2 screws under the angle pads. Then 3 screws under the top side pad. Then you remove the side led bars, use a pry tool (or a flat head screwdriver with pvc/electrical insulator tape on the top) at the very top end (towards center). Under each led bar you have 5 or 6 screws easy to spot. Then you can lift off the side cover. If you want to remove top cover too it isn't that hard at this stage. You just need to know how. Send me a PM and I can talk you through it. It is basically 4 screws on each side and temporary top handle (2 more screws) loose 4 screws (the trick I can eaplain better by phone) before lifting of top cover. 

I just ordered this type of pry tool to get pad off easier (I needed the wide one for pads, and a lim on for led bars):

61rjfhU2X5L._SL1000_.jpg

You might find these parts at different prices. I have seen side covers as low as 40$ pr part. (www.EUCO.com have a fairly good list parts, but they are a US dealer.). 

I might make some pictures once I start my paint job. But right now it is too cold and poor weather here. 

Edited by Unventor
KS have a dissasemble video on Youtube, it gives you an idea before starting it.
  • Like 2

So as for my test rides today

2ish km to work pit h Dard, cold and had to race a cyclist downhill after just 500m to get the maneuver space needed in a round about turn. It turned out I reached 38kmh on that streach. 

As lunch I had to pick up a parcel with new wrist guards, a småler half open version so I can wear my Galaxy watch Active 2 LTE while I ride. So now I am ready for @Seba to get EUC.WORLD to go Tizen style. At this point I reached 41ish Kmh since my lunch break only last an hour., and I had to get lunch and eat too. 

Then commuting home in pitch Dard, in rain and cold. But those rides today just put my wheels repair/rebuild to the test. 

And I got the biggest fattest smile on my face. All 3 wheels are back in business 😁😊😀

Okey I have a minor todo thing to sort out, my lift sensor is a little too loose so it disengage the motor too easy. But it is just a matter of adjusting the sensor system. I get back to that when I have done the paint job on my 2nd set of side/top cover. Weather is too poorly and cold right now, so waiting for spring. 

20200109_173054_compress95.thumb.jpg.04e870e22df5ce11db3c05ac498c3449.jpg20200109_173216_compress25.thumb.jpg.8687d43eaffa6ff225663338d9c0ba1d.jpg

So here my wheels are waiting with my gear in the hallway for tomorrow. Tomorrow I likely ride my V10f. As it is my winter season wheel. 

• Like 2

IMG_20200109_193646.thumb.jpg.df1d5565fb602b2627e57ce6522bfa63.jpg

Looks similar... ;) My tow King Songs and my friends V10F that I swapped for my KS-18L for some time, to test and extend V10 support in EUC World :)

• Like 3

Well the V10f have grown on me. It is the short lightweight I just need to nip out to get a... Ohh I collected a pizza last weekend. 🍕🍺👍600m fast short ride at 20:30. Just made it before they closed. It hold a different ride style compared to KS16X and KS18L. A sensation of floating as you turn. Since I learned to ride on a V8 it feels similar. Just one huge difference, the V10f doesn't feel like a toy as the V8 to me. I prefer the wheel holds some weight as it gives a sensation of stability. The V8 is too light. That is part reason why I sold it, and it needed repair too, so sold it as a spare part to a EUC local rider that had a V8 already. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:10 AM, Unventor said:

Anyway I guess I rode about 1500kmh with loose sidecovers only hold together by your product @The Fat Unicyclist.

Thanks @Unventor - We always suggest that our customers check their wheels following any sort of "trauma". But the fact is, even following a reasonable amount of damage, the EUC Bodyguard can add value in a different way... (and I'm quoting Chrissi here) As a "body-bag", holding everything together when it needs to!

Coincidentally, I spent a part of today with a friend / customer replacing the tyre on his 18XL (with v2 shells). As we tore it down we realised that (at some point) he  must have had a reasonable impact and on the leading edge of his wheel, 3 studs had sheared off on one side and all 5 on the other. But he hadn't noticed anything and had been riding without issue.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:00 AM, Unventor said:

Suggest to use a pry tool I link a pic later (this is a tip I saw from the amazing @The Fat Unicyclist, so kodo to him o7).

Thanks again... Yes, these are unbelievably useful for EUC work. I have seen others applying duct-tape in multiple layers to avoid their screw-driver damaging the unit. These are a much smarter way to go... Perhaps I should source them in bulk and sell them on as custom EUC tools...   :D

Until then, anyone wanting them should look at their local "car accessory supermarket" for "upholstery removal tools".

• Like 3