My KS18L Matt black, riding, cruising, just one big fat smile

Unventor

Quick question regarding the KS18L. Does anyone have issues with carrying around two adapters for fast charging? Or is that a none issue. I did a first impression video (below) but my main issue ans concern was having to carry around two adapters. Please let me know guys.

Edited by Jediah Matthew
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jediah Matthew said:

Quick question regarding the KS18L. Does anyone have issues with carrying around two adapters for fast charging? Or is that a none issue. I did a first impression video (below) but my main issue ans concern was having to carry around two adapters. Please let me know guys.

I carry the charging blocks in my backpack if I need to; although, I usually don't need to carry them around. They might add about 5 lbs to a pack.

Great first impression video, it was informative and thorough, and, as reviews go,  objective.:thumbup:

Edited by Lutalo

4 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

Very nice "first impressions" video. Looking forward to giving it a workout.

4 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

question regarding the KS18L. Does anyone have issues with carrying around two adapters for fast charging? Or is that a none issue. I did a first impression video (below) but my main issue ans concern was having to carry around two adapters. Please let me know 

I wouldnt call that a problem...weightwise a (quality) fast charger with 4-5 amps is the same as 2 standard chargers....

But: when it goes to carrying around i personally would prefer ONE charger ...with 3-5 amps ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

I bought my KS18L with 2 standard original Kingsong chargers.  The main reason is to not having to carry my chargers with me. I use one in office/work and keep the other at home. In case I travel far like taking my car and then park it for riding my wheels around in new places to explore or sightseeing I might bring both chargers with me. But as @US69 wrote, I rarely have to charge beside in the office due the 60-70km range in 'flat' landscape and non-windy terrain works fine for me. The longest I have ridden so far are 40-50ish km and had like 40-50% power left in Kingsong app indicator. 

As of right now, my wheel is shipping back to dealer in Poland to get trolley and lamp fix. The trolley got more and more wiggly and lock pins gave in from time to time. But this should be fixed with new trolley design and reworked lamp unit.

So right not I use my Inmotion V8 as personal transport aid when going longer from car garage to office. Like 500-600m ? People look so funny at me as I zoom-zoom away from my Mazda Cx-5 out of the garage building. Or comming back to pick-up my car. Now with red off-road tyre on the V8. The tyretrack makes such are funny singing sound as it pick up speed.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:54 PM, US69 said:

But: when it goes to carrying around i personally would prefer ONE charger ...with 3-5 amps ....

My 6 A charger weights about 2 kg. And I can't even imagine making a longer trip without it. Today I've made a 91 km countryside ride and initally I've been riding at about 32 km/h. After just 45 km (80kg pax + 10 kg of gear, almost flat terrain and slight breeze, but barely 10°C outside) was almost empty. I had to make a stop at the restaurant and charge it for two hours with 6 A to recharge to about 90%. For the rest of my journey I had to slow down to 25 km/h, and even then I had another 15 minute break in McDonalds for a coffee and charging. With two standard 1.5 A bricks I couldn't even think of making 90 km during daylight. And this is why I will definitely switch to KS18XL in the beginning of next year spring. I'm definitely an EUC long range addict :) KS18L range is too small for my needs.

Przechwytywanie222.PNG.f8b6d8388def5ddf5832ae426a48389b.PNG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just a little update about my KS18L.

Still loving it, but now getting to my first real winter season since I picked up EUC riding in late March this year, 2018.

It kinda feel like Star wars...

I have clocked 930km in Kingsong App....almost 1000km which is a massive milestone to me as I never expected to ride that much. Then you need to add about 400km on my Inmotion V8 too this year.

Compared to what others ride, it might seem a short distance. But then again I only commute 1800meters each way to work...

So now it is getting really rainy and stormy, and this morning the first ride with frozen black waterpools in the dark...and this means they will spread salt on the roads...So season seems to come to an end. 🤔

• Like 2

Yet another update. Trying to reach my rookie 1000km Mark on my KS18L, I rote this Saturday and Sunday despite it was just around freezing point. Almost 15 km each day to grab stuff needed for my pedal upgrade and to get a last feel of the old once too...now KS App mileage show 982km....But we had snow today and with freezing they added salt to the road so I kind of think my season died today...despite I love to test the new pedals and on incomming Ruroc helmet. Writti g this Monday night, helmet expected on

Thursday...matching wheel all Matt black, with transision optics and shockwave audio BT kit too...

I only need to test it once to Ikea and back...if weather allow it.

Went from this371968319_oldpedel.thumb.jpg.0dcc4d045e5aca66fb2c6b355ed281c2.jpg

To this 😎

751200812_newpedal.jpg.953fd2fd0f42c54d6cecf21ff12bd73b.jpg

Come on @Marty Backe, you got to admit it look great...only I don't have your old school buddies to shoot group photo with. Aka you b/w 1840ish photo with the boys.

Well I took the wheel to the garage from my apartment this morning. Silly move with no safety hear...it is only 140meters but last 15 is a slope down. When I got out of the car I to close the garage (we don't have us fancy auto doors here) I almost fell flat. Only my upskled balance due to riding EUC kept me on my feet. No mow riding that day (monday) only trolley the wheel from car to office.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Yet another update. Trying to reach my rookie 1000km Mark on my KS18L, I rote this Saturday and Sunday despite it was just around freezing point. Almost 15 km each day to grab stuff needed for my pedal upgrade and to get a last feel of the old once too...now KS App mileage show 982km....But we had snow today and with freezing they added salt to the road so I kind of think my season died today...despite I love to test the new pedals and on incomming Ruroc helmet. Writti g this Monday night, helmet expected on

Thursday...matching wheel all Matt black, with transision optics and shockwave audio BT kit too...

To this 😎

Come on @Marty Backe, you got to admit it look great...only I don't have your old school buddies to shoot group photo with. Aka you b/w 1840ish photo with the boys.

Well I took the wheel to the garage from my apartment this morning. Silly move with no safety hear...it is only 140meters but last 15 is a slope down. When I got out of the car I to close the garage (we don't have us fancy auto doors here) I almost fell flat. Only my upskled balance due to riding EUC kept me on my feet. No mow riding that day (monday) only trolley the wheel from car to office.

I do like the all mat black look. Nice wheel for sure :cheers:

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I do like the all mat black look. Nice wheel for sure :cheers:

It is not nice..it is evil..drags you in, pull you closed to the EUC addiction and joy...must ride..😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

To this 😎

You devil! There it is! Awesome!

Your weather sucks worse than mine.,:P Cheer up. There will still be some good days in the winter. Heck I rode January 28th of this year and it was 55 degrees out.... then I ....:furious:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

Well today I did something silly. I took my KS18L LP modded (large pedals) on a spin and in lag of better ideas I set off to IKEA.

Now this being my first proper test ride and after a week break or so, I felt right away my knees need more training to be able to handle longer rides. So when I go to IKEA I find they are closed. So this is the first time I had one of my feet off the pedals. Turning back home with a minor detour. Totalling 19.7 km in just 45 min is not too bad since I didn't go on a race.

Now for the new pedals, I am a bit 60-40 on those. My grib seems better. But I need to adapt to a new feet ride style. It doesn't feel like with original pedals. In time I probably get used to them. But I seem to have a had time shifting my feet due to the steady grib I guess.

So today I passed my set goal...Totalling 1007km within first season. Then I have of course about 400km on my Inmotion V8 too.

But as I said @Rehab1 the 1k km mark is for you 😉 

My legs and knees were so tired afterwards I almost stumbled stepping down from the wheel when I got home. The stupid part is I know when legs/knees/feets are tired you have much higher risk to catch a crash....lucky today I didn't. 😇

Ohh btw despite the fatigue I still found room for the big fat smile...so did the small girl and her mom as I waved gliding passed them. The both pointing grinning and beaming as they obviously never seen an EUC before.

So I hope when you read this @Rehab1 you too at least find a small smile despite it all.

Screenshot_20181225-122055_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ec159f0a2c10d3eabae413e06b3c1de7.jpg

Salute. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Unventor said:

so did the small girl and her mom as I waved gliding passed them. The both pointing grinning and beaming as they obviously never seen an EUC before.

Didn't you think that maybe you just enchanted them with your personal charm? :efeffe9e4a: I think we too often blame our EUCs for how awesome we are :lol:

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Didn't you think that maybe you just enchanted them with your personal charm? :efeffe9e4a: I think we too often blame our EUCs for how awesome we are :lol:

How can a green/yellow barrel shaped guy charm anyone? If anything I kinda look like the Grinch...ohh hold on he kinda look funny too 😁

• 1 month later...

Well today my trolley handle got stuck when some guy was trying to lift the wheel to get a sense of its weight. We were talking when out of curiosity grabed it and lifted the wheel.

So I guess it is time to get a 3 gen trolley handle replacement. I just had to find a EU dealer that have one. I just hope the damage insite is to the rods only and not to lift sensor. 

One thing is sure I am not sending my wheel back to dealer this time. I simply don'y trust them at all. So I am not handing over my baby to them again. 

I had a great ride today in the mist, despite the incident with the trolley. 

Ohh btw, I met the police again today. Or rather they drove in oppersite direction to me. It seems still we are kinda under the radar if riding slow anfd safe enough. It is the 3rd time this week I meet the police. last time I waved at they and the police woman drive waved back. Her and her male colleguage seemed to laugh big time at the wave.

Relive Video

Edited by Unventor

• 1 month later...

Just a minor update today.

It now just about 1 year since I started training in basements on my Inmotion V8. That lastet me 390ish km. 

Then I got my KS18L...and what I though was fun on the V8 is nothing compared to how I feel with my KS18L. The most inspiring part is that the more mileage I have on the wheel the more fun and pleasure I get from riding.

I went to an ice hockey match on Saturday. Worked fantactic with wheel under my seat and mt helmet in my lap and backpack between the legs. 

20190323_152718.thumb.jpg.6aef71be24b23d7b26de7c4c2e950f00.jpg

Now the best part was navigating between people leabing the arena. And the amounted of smiling faces when the saw an EUC...just fantastic.

Today I went for a ride and shopping trip so when I got home....the wheel listed the mileage 1501 km.

And my smile when riding simply just go wider and wider. So what is next then?

My new 2nd wheel looks to become the KS16X. Right now I am super stoked about this new wheel. I only hope it goes smooth in the final development phase without any quality issues and new wheel bugs.

But nevertheless I keep riding with a big fat smile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I went to an ice hockey match on Saturday. Worked fantactic with wheel under my seat and mt helmet in my lap and backpack between the legs. 

You look crowded. I do see a pair of shoes and your wheel. 

33590661208_1312166e2d_b.jpg

• Like 1

Yep that is me or rather part of me 😁

And my car and apartment keys in my mc pullover trouser 😎 

I think you blew up the picture just a little bit (too much).😇

Edited by Unventor

• 1 month later...