My KS18L Matt black, riding, cruising, just one big fat smile

Unventor

16 minutes ago, em1barns said:

As explained earlier, heavier and bigger wheels require more effort from the driver to provide the necessay torque to action them.

More torque from the driver means more pressure on foot. The shorter the pedal, the more you have to press on the tip of them to apply required torque.

This is why larger wheels should also come with larger pedals, as this would require less pressure from my feet to apply the same torque. This is especially sensitive on hill climbing.

I have 10.000+km experience with 5 different wheels from 14 to 18 inches, and I also say the KS18L pedals don't feel comfortable enough (I am EU 45 / US 10.5). So it's not because every other maker's pedal is not better that KS should not look to improve this area. My complaint is not about Kingsong only, but as it's the heavier and larger wheel I had (I also rode Msuper3 820wh), it's where I feel it most needed.

To say it short: I am totally with you!!! 

The Statement before just sounded like the KS pedals where smaller than all the others, and thats what i wanted to make clear, that that's not the case!

Sure that thats no Argument not to make better ones....you can get better in every part, here pedals!

With EU45 you are also Bigfoot ? i only can imagine how that must feel!

But on the other side.....even on my KS18S with 24,5 kg AND on my Monster with nearly 29kg the pedals gave me no Problem to apply torque! (just EU43?)

But as said in another thread….KS seams to be on the way to make larger pedals….likes said: i only had to verify these rumours  with KS...before confirming it to 100% 

• Like 1

One thing no one has discussed is what shoes are you wearing? If you are wearing boots or hard soled shoes, it will be as comfortable as walking that distance, since your feet still do work on the pedals while riding. I would suggest some sneakers for running, instead of shoes for hiking.

Also pedal attenuation techniques like moving your feet according to the ride also relieves the feet and keeps them from cramping. I found that I ride on the front pads of my feet when accelerating and sometimes I only use one foot to brake on the back of the pedals, while I keep the other foot as a counter balance and steering foot near the front. I have never been one to stand still for very long, and the EUC hasnt changed that just because it has only two pads to stand on. I’m a little shifty. ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have a medical challange that none, I repeat none, at work thought I could overcome.

I chose to disregard that and all even at hospital are blown backwards on both how far I have come and even more at what timeframe.

Then congrats that your medial condition has become better!!!

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

and I am loving every moment.

Thats the most important!!! ? These EUC's for me are - even after About 4 years now into them - a fun and love to ride every Moment!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, US69 said:

Kingsong pedals are actually the same size in length as Msuper and ACM/Monster pedals.

KS 16S has a thick battery bulges on the sides, effectively taking the width off the pedals. My shoes hang about an inch over the side of the original pedals. It’s about the standing posture as well of course. My shoes have a lot more pedal surface with the Msuper (especially V3) pedals. Completely opposite from your experience, interesting!

The effect the EUC and other PEVs can have with us that have a medical condition is indeed astonishing! My condition and my physical performance are immensely better than a few years ago. And I’m still unable to explain how I can ride for two hours without a break, but standing still gets painful after 10, and impossible after 15 minutes.

Too bad the risk of damage when crashing is even higher for us.

15 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

My shoes have a lot more pedal surface with the Msuper (especially V3) pedals. Completely opposite from your experience, interesting!

Yeah, Interesting in fact!

Really exactly opposite from my experience….the Msuper pedals -in my view -and from measuring- are the less widest and the ones that are the most near to the Shell.(on old models, see more down)

I hated that on my Msuper V3s+ (with the wider Shell sides for the 1600wh battery) plus this bulgy 3M side pads. Driving like a Soccer-Footballer with O-legs ? 

I also received my (used bought) Monster with Msuper pedals and directly changed them to ACM/Monster pedals.

Men, then the ride was ten times better as i did not have to squeeze  on the Monster Shell and pads anymore.

Perhaps it is also a fealing/perception that differs because of ride style....i personaly like a wide stand and Need no contact to the Shell with the legs(pads) at all.....

On the Msuper X they seam to have made that much better...no wide side pads and also newer pedal arms, so that the Msuper pedals are not "under" the battery Expension Shell anymore.

Than the Msuper pedals are nice to use….like i also like and use them on my ACM 67Volt, which has no wide spreading Shell.....

On 7/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, Unventor said:

I am EU 40-41ish. I have psoriasis arthritis in knees, lower back and suffer from inflation in my feets due to the psoriasis. 

But I am feeling much better these days thanks to EUC riding.

I used to take 3-4 hours before my body unstiffend every morning. Now I can get out of bed and walk normally straight off.

I actually like the KS18L padels. They are better shaped compared to my Inmotion V8. And a bit larger.

And the KS18L don't padel dip as much on sharp turns. 

Bravo to you for continuing to swing. The KS18L is a great way to stay off the ropes.

Today I am making a trip from Gothenburg (Sweden) to Frederikshavn (Denmark) so first time riding to the farry and with a tight deadline. 

Every thing went dany and when queing got I tons of questions from 2 couples, one of then seem to ride motobike a lot. The odd part was they seemed general interested, and well their age I guess was around 50-55ish. Any way unfurtunatlly there were too manu people there to show off. Which never goes down well. 

I hope to get some vids once I am back. We shall see. I am only there a few hours. But I might get a nice little forest ride for you @Marty Backe

More to come.... 

Update: Unfortunately we had a thunder shower just as I were getting ready to go. Since I didn't have spare time to wait it out and didn't know how much it would rain, I decided to do this another time. I rather not get a weather damage on a week old wheel. 

But I can say it was very funny to go with the ferry as there were a lot of people asking questions about my wheel

As you saw me this morning @Yffisch you know I prefer to be visible in traffic. ? acid yellow helmet and t-shirt. Like C0009(1).thumb.jpg.410152581fca15f1dcc9d27655a603d4.jpg

Sorry old picture.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Just a small update from a total 20km ride to and from Ikea. I can only say I am more and more happy with my wheel and that this was the fight choice for me. 

Now I don't like fast speeds as any accident happens so much faster, easier, and makes so much more stressful. So I have set my top speed limit to around 35ish kmh. This is fast enough for me and give me the speed to push past a ebike as they are limiter to 25kmh here in Sweden.

Today I installed the latest firmware version 1.10. And I went to Ikea partly to test a different route and partly to test trolleying about as people have been posting about.

I have no issues what so ever with my wheel. The only "complaint I can think of how happy can I become. Or rather I am still a few weeks more and more happy with each ride. Now this might would like a short distance, but I am now close to reaching the 200km boundary. I do not expect to raise my speed limit on my wheel. As I am happy with things as it is now.

To anyone disagreeing, I can only say my resent accident at 30 kmh how that felt and how my buttom looked for 3 weeks, I do not want to push my luck any further. I rather ride tomorrow too rather looking out a window at the hospital.

Hahaha, what a coincident, I took the route past Barkarby outlet and shopping centers today (including IKEA) and I was also testing my trolley on the MSX.

Glad to hear you are happy with the KS18L, looks like a fine wheel indeed and love to try one some day when opportunity is given.

Was riding past some bikes today too but not until I looked at the WheelLog app later I realized I was riding at some 50'ish km/h, yeah was no my intention to go fast I'm just testing out the wheel and did not have my full suit of protection on so was a bit stupid and need to put a leash on myself, it's just such a tank of a wheel it feels perfectly comfortable at speed but of course should I fall I will likely hurt myself badly. Seeing as the KS18L will also be able to reach similar speeds unlocked maybe it is smart not to unlock it? I mean if not feeling the need for the extra speed then there is nothign to loose right, if others agree or not is totally irrelevant imho, all that matters is how you feel about it. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  Ikea!  I want to ride my Tesla inside the Ikea!  I wonder if they’d let me?  :whistling:

Just wear your pink pjyamas, you can always claim you are sleep riding in the bed department.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nu finns det en bra idé!  :w00t2:

Oh I didn't know you were Swedish?

Just a heads up. You need to bring a high watt motor too, as you of course is power napping ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Just wear your pink pjyamas, you can always claim you are sleep riding in the bed department.

I always pictured @Hunka Hunka Burning Love as being more of a robe / smoking jacket type of guy... You know, more Hugh-esque!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just because a guy can use Google English to Swedish translate doesn’t necessarily make him Swedish.  :efeebb3acc:  I can put together a pretty decent Friheten though if I do say so myself.  :efefd0f676:  I also do enjoy the odd ABBA song now and then.

@Electroman video or it didn’t happen!  :w00t2:  Or we can imagine a team of Ikea associates all chasing a man riding an Mten3 around “Kitchen and Bathrooms” headed towards the cafeteria!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Juse because a guy can use Google English to Swedish translate doesn’t necessarily make him Swedish.  :efeebb3acc:  I can put together a pretty decent Friheten though if I do say so myself.  :efefd0f676:  I also do enjoy the odd ABBA song now and then.

@Electroman video or it didn’t happen!  :w00t2:  Or we can imagine a team of Ikea associates all chasing a man riding an Mten3 around “Kitchen and Bathrooms” headed towards the cafeteria!

I agree, and just because I can sing a song from Komeda, it doesnt mean I know what it means. I still like them tho. :whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ll speak for Hunka. Video!!!:popcorn:

Hehehe, I bet. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Just because a guy can use Google English to Swedish translate doesn’t necessarily make him Swedish.  :efeebb3acc:  I can put together a pretty decent Friheten though if I do say so myself.  :efefd0f676:  I also do enjoy the odd ABBA song now and then.

Hmmm, I am a grown man Hunka, are you really going to force me to find time for a IKEA ride tomorrow acting totally irresponsible and childish? :lol:

Did I mention even outside on the shopping center grounds they have Segway guards riding around too, on the bright side I bet the MSX would smoke them Segway's hehe.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Uhhhh so @Hunka Hunka Burning Love when did you last ride an EUC? No video it didn't happen you know? :thumbup:

So here goes internet challange, can anyone find a video with @Hunka Hunka Burning Love riding? Too hard a challenge @Rehab1 ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Uhhhh so @Hunka Hunka Burning Love when did you last ride an EUC? No video it didn't happen you know? :thumbup:

I second that :cheers:

30 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So here goes internet challange, can anyone find a video with @Hunka Hunka Burning Love riding? Too hard a challenge @Rehab1 ?

Finding video/ photos of @Hunka Hunka Burning Love is a challenge in itself. As for riding in an Ikea the nearest is a 60 minute drive. I can get kicked out of stores that are much closer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Hmmm, I am a grown man Hunka, are you really going to force me to find time for a IKEA ride tomorrow acting totally irresponsible and childish? :lol:

Um, yes?  :popcorn:

Not that I condone childish or irresponsible behaviour, but I have been known to participate in such activities from time to time.  :whistling:  Like riding on a one wheeled device near 50 kph around the neighbourhood.  

:ph34r: The less you know about me the better.  Keeps that air of mystery alive.  I exist, yet I do not exist.  Like Batman’s alter-ego, Bruce Wayne, or Superman’s Clark Kent.  We all need to keep our secret identities secret!  :ph34r:  Lone electric unicycle rider by night, super genious semi-mad scientist by day.  It’s an isolated solitude I must maintain.  :innocent1:  Besides, you don’t know what kinda wackos are out there in internetland!