My KS18L Matt black, riding, cruising, just one big fat smile

Unventor

I kinda posted first on another thread. But I share more as I ride some more, voids and photos too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ohh one I am missing badly is some sort of resting point, a kickstand if you like.

@US69 Maybe some aftersale option to mount on the front operate the mudguard as you have 2 holes to mount it. Question is though if the rim plastic edge can hold it.

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Ohh one I am missing badly is some sort of resting point, a kickstand if you like.

@US69 Maybe some aftersale option to mount on the front operate the mudguard as you have 2 holes to mount it. Question is though if the rim plastic edge can hold it.

Honestly: i dont own the 18L myself....but just from experience i would say that because with inner plus outer shell the KS‘s are very stable, so i dont see why that wouldnt hold.....

But to get something like this to live, i would try a 3d printed aftermarket solution, as KS is not that good in such things....

As idea for the next wheel....i report it, sure, but to be honest, i dont think they do something like this for aftermarket!

6 minutes ago, US69 said:

Honestly: i dont own the 18L myself....but just from experience i would say that because with inner plus outer shell the KS‘s are very stable, so i dont see why that wouldnt hold.....

But to get something like this to live, i would try a 3d printed aftermarket solution, as KS is not that good in such things....

As idea for the next wheel....i report it, sure, but to be honest, i dont think they do something like this for aftermarket!

I agree, it would be really easy to make and print a 3D model.

What would be useful though is to get the references of the screws used for the mudguards. @US69, any chance to get this from KS, this would allow to purchase the right screws to attach a DIY parking stand?

Edited by em1barns
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, em1barns said:

I agree, it would be really easy to make and print a 3D model.

What would be useful though is to get the references of the screws used for the mudguards. @US69, any chance to get this from KS, this would allow to purchase the right screws to attach a DIY parking stand?

i will try but cant promise! Dont you have a 18L youself and could just check it?

Dont get me wrong....PLEASE,...but in the moment we are on more important things...and such thing might go under!

There is another thing...as this is an 18 inch wheel...and the screws for the mudflap are very high...i dont know if an Ninebot like stand would be very effective?

Edited by US69

6 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Segway made a kickstand for their ninebot C models as an aftermarket accessory. You may want to find that on ebay or Alibaba.

I have it, but the shape for attaching it to the wheel is much larger than on ks18L. It would be much easier to make one on a 3D printer.

• Upvote 1

I saw the old rod like ninebot resting stand as inspiration. But I don't know it's size of if it could work on the KS18L too. 

As of 3d printer, I don't have access to one. 

I use an acustic guitar stand at home to park my wheel. But on the "road" and at work I miss the resting point. It already tipped over pr slipped on my twice resting at the wall today.

6 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I have a 3D printer and if someone will make a pattern, I will print as many needed at cost of materials, labor, and shipping. There will be a little wait in shipping though.

Stan, as you are based in US, could you lookup the screw reference on the brand new amazon screw part finder http://fortune.com/2018/07/20/amazon-part-finder/?

I am new to 3D modelling, but could probably give it a try over the weekend, as the shape should be quite simple.

Edited by em1barns

I am not in L.A. just yet, but still on Vacation, and I do not have an iPhone or the KS18L yet. It’s a 5/8” long #12 phillips screw if I remember the case screws from a hoverboard I fixed for a friend. I would get the hex screws instead of the phillips though.

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

All geared up ? TSG Pass Helmet. POC Spine Jacket VPD 2.0, Demon Flexmeter D30 wrist guards. Triple 8 basic knee pads. Van's skate hi- shoes.

And of course KS18L between my feet. 

51 % battery at start ended at 46% when I was home. There is no way I could have done this on my Inmotion V8. The V8 is great, but cannot not compare to the KS18L on trails and hill climbs and in sandy gravel pathways.

This is the hardest ride by far I have done to date. Totally knackered when I got home. 

=Spoiler ===================================

You will see how far my detour actually was.

Relive link of my trip today

=This has 0.3 Marty trail rating =================

Nice forests! What did you shoot the video with? A GoPro wrapped around your torso?

Unfortunately the thin red texts in the video were not readable. I tend to favour thicker fonts and brighter colours for that very reason.

29 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Nice forests! What did you shoot the video with? A GoPro wrapped around your torso?

Unfortunately the thin red texts in the video were not readable. I tend to favour thicker fonts and brighter colours for that very reason.

I use a Sony FDR-x3000r. I had it on a clip mount attached to strap on my backpack. 

My editing program have some limitations on how avanced I can make text. I have yet to find a practical font and colour. Thanks for the feedback.

12 hours ago, Unventor said:

C0009(1).thumb.jpg.410152581fca15f1dcc9d27655a603d4.jpg 

All geared up ? TSG Pass Helmet. POC Spine Jacket VPD 2.0, Demon Flexmeter D30 wrist guards. Triple 8 basic knee pads. Van's skate hi- shoes.

51 % battery at start ended at 46% when I was home. There is no way I could have done this on my Inmotion V8. The V8 is great, but it cannot compare to the KS18L on trails and hill climbs and in sandy gravel pathways.

This is the hardest ride by far I have done to date. Totally knackered when I got home. 

Nice video! How far was it? Terrain wise, the V8 would’ve had no issue. 

13 hours ago, Unventor said:

51 % battery at start ended at 46% when I was home. There is no way I could have done this on my Inmotion V8. The V8 is great, but it cannot compare to the KS18L on trails and hill climbs and in sandy gravel pathways.

Wow, those sure are nice paths to ride. I could ride those for hours. Looks perfect for a wheel like the KS18.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kael said:

Nice video! How far was it? Terrain wise, the V8 would’ve had no issue. 

I really don't know on top of my head. But you can see that on the relive link.

(Note: after reviewing the link 6.5 km totally. But it felt like 20km)

As for the V8 it will not be able to ride this as it lag traction in the sandy pathway and at times there are some very steep sections that the battery will not be able to deliver the needed power. 

This is where the KS18L have an advantage and of course the bigger rim and fatter tyre tread.

Edited by Unventor

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, those sure are nice paths to ride. I could ride those for hours. Looks perfect for a wheel like the KS18.

Hehe @Marty Backe It is a pathway that circles around, so you can do laps here. I didn't go all the way as I got totally lost.

You thing my marty trail rating is not too high sat at 0.3 ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But I get tired in feet and legs fast. 

What is your shoe size? KingSong pedals are very small, and if I don’t have shoes with motionlessly stiff soles, my EU46 feet start hurting very soon. Search the forum for ”pedal extensions” and ”bigfoot pedals” for a solution.

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What is your shoe size? KingSong pedals are very small, and if I don’t have shoes with motionlessly stiff soles, my EU46 feet start hurting very soon. Search the forum for ”pedal extensions” and ”bigfoot pedals” for a solution.

I am EU 40-41ish. I have psoriasis arthritis in knees, lower back and suffer from inflation in my feets due to the psoriasis. 

But I am feeling much better these days thanks to EUC riding.

I used to take 3-4 hours before my body unstiffend every morning. Now I can get out of bed and walk normally straight off.

I actually like the KS18L padels. They are better shaped compared to my Inmotion V8. And a bit larger.

And the KS18L don't padel dip as much on sharp turns. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

Ok so as written in other post here on the forums I am still a rookie. But I am working hard putting more mileage on my belt. The KS18L is just a fantastic tool for just that purpose.

Since I am still building up my body to ride further and more stable I am trying to ride just a little bit even if I am tired in my legs. 

For those of you that have read some of my post from my early days with practising with my Inmotion should know by now That I started off by havering no strength and balance in my legs. I couldn't even stand on one foot putting or a sock or shoe. After a few moths of practices, this is fixed. But I get tired in feet and legs fast. 

Now that said this is my ride of tonight just hitting the roads as the sun setting. My action cam is not fantastic in low light conditions.  I have tested a new mounting position. Since I still have to get a selphy stick or gimbal. 

Here you can see my route: http://www.relive.cc/view/1729900914#

So here goes tonight video. Think Marty, Blair which style ?

It's not about the quantity you put in my friend, it's indeed all about the quality.

Great wheel, gear, ride, video and information, I say you doing very well!

Thanks for putting in the work Unventor

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

What is your shoe size? KingSong pedals are very small,

I really sometimes ask myself where this rumour Comes from….from the 4 year old KS14c pedals?

Kingsong pedals are actually the same size in length as Msuper and ACM/Monster pedals. And they are as wide as the ACM pedals, which are wider than Msuper pedals.

In the Moment the only pedals that are really enourmous big and differ from all other ones  are the INmotion V10 ones….

I personaly have and ride all of those pedals on my 3 wheels and the ACM and KS pedals are my favorites far in front over the Msuper pedals.

And i am EU 43 btw.

@Unventor i would guess that your feets are getting tired very fast is part of the process to get used to the new Wheel.....when i experience feets going to Sleep, i normally move them around a bit while driving, doing some Kind of gymnastics while driving, moving feet to front/back of pedal, moving weight from one leg to the other, Standing on toes etc etc.

But As i have seen you have your first Wheel "only" since March 2018, so "only" driving since 4 months?......i dont know if your driving skills are allready that far, that you can move your feet around without any Problems.....If not-> You will come there ?

1 hour ago, US69 said:

I really sometimes ask myself where this rumour Comes from….from the 4 year old KS14c pedals?

Kingsong pedals are actually the same size in length as Msuper and ACM/Monster pedals. And they are as wide as the ACM pedals, which are wider than Msuper pedals.

In the Moment the only pedals that are really enourmous big and differ from all other ones  are the INmotion V10 ones….

I personaly have and ride all of those pedals on my 3 wheels and the ACM and KS pedals are my favorites far in front over the Msuper pedals.

And i am EU 43 btw.

@Unventor i would guess that your feets are getting tired very fast is part of the process to get used to the new Wheel.....when i experience feets going to Sleep, i normally move them around a bit while driving, doing some Kind of gymnastics while driving, moving feet to front/back of pedal, moving weight from one leg to the other, Standing on toes etc etc.

But As i have seen you have your first Wheel "only" since March 2018, so "only" driving since 4 months?......i dont know if your driving skills are allready that far, that you can move your feet around without any Problems.....If not-> You will come there ?

As explained earlier, heavier and bigger wheels require more effort from the driver to provide the necessay torque to action them.

More torque from the driver means more pressure on foot. The shorter the pedal, the more you have to press on the tip of them to apply required torque.

This is why larger wheels should also come with larger pedals, as this would require less pressure from my feet to apply the same torque. This is especially sensitive on hill climbing.

I have 10.000+km experience with 5 different wheels from 14 to 18 inches, and I also say the KS18L pedals don't feel comfortable enough (I am EU 45 / US 10.5). So it's not because every other maker's pedal is not better that KS should not look to improve this area. My complaint is not about Kingsong only, but as it's the heavier and larger wheel I had (I also rode Msuper3 820wh), it's where I feel it most needed.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 3