Duf's PEV LIVESTREAM, Sunday, May 5th!

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on your screenshot, I think maybe your security settings are the issue. I just went to duf.net on my phone with zero issues. Yes, there's a warning icon stating that it's not secure (not using https). You on the other hand have your security settings set to "HIGH" which means the connection won't even be made.

You're in control of your own destiny. Stay in the hyper-secure garden that protects your devices from all possible threats, or loosen up a little :) 

Haha

i have never touched my security settings ever.   Just leave them stock. Also never had an issue with an episode before. Podcasts app won’t play it on iOS. Overcast won’t play it on iOS. This is iPads and iPhones. Every other episode is totally fine listened to all of them. Even tried two again this am. This episode is not uploaded correctly.  The stream seems to be the issue.  Just wanted him to know. 

Below see another episode played without issue. Same phone. Same settings. Different browser window. 

79DA1621-D132-4D28-9397-B93806EECFE4.png

Edited by IRK
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IRK said:

Also here is a screenshot from the iOS podcasts app. New episode won’t start. Other episode plays perfectly. 

40AAF73B-0677-44A0-839F-288E1559B305.png

I think you're on your own troubleshooting this. Clearly it's not a generic issue but something only affecting you. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I think you're on your own troubleshooting this. Clearly it's not a generic issue but something only affecting you. Good luck.

Just trying to help. It is a generic issue. Guaranteed  impossible that all of these devices and phones have issue if not  

Streaming it via an app has worked with every other Duf podcast and still does now. Just not this one. 

Here is is a completely different screen shot from my wife’s iPad. No podcast app is allowing a download or stream. Done  via iTunes on a desktop perhaps, hrough you tube perhaps,  but that is not a podcast.  

There was an error in uploading the content without question. 

Was as trying to let him know so it could be fixed or corrected for the next one. 

No no harm no foul!

C21030AF-0D9E-4CF0-83EA-6D769A7F717E.jpeg

Edited by IRK
  • Like 1

:lol:  Sorry guys I’ve been MiVR!  It’s been a full time job captaining a crew, firing phasers, engineering, and piloting a starship  :whistling:.  With a bunch of drunk/high weirdos online!  :rolleyes:

What did I miss?  What did I miss?  :w00t2:  That plus it being the next Ice Age outside, riding an EUC has been pretty far off my mind.  :cry2:  I’m moving to Alaska where it has been a balmy -2 to -8°C (28 to 17°F) as compared to our -26°C  (-15°F)!

Hope everyone is doing well!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:lol:  Sorry guys I’ve been MiVR!  It’s been a full time job captaining a crew, firing phasers, engineering, and piloting a starship  :whistling:.  With a bunch of drunk/high weirdos online!  :rolleyes:

What did I miss?  What did I miss?  :w00t2:  That plus it being the next Ice Age outside, riding an EUC has been pretty far off my mind.  :cry2:  I’m moving to Alaska where it has been a balmy -2 to -8°C (28 to 17°F) as compared to our -26°C  (-15°F)!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Why on earth Alaska? It is cold there and long dark hours in winter aka 1/2 of the year.....hold on...

So you are a 1/2 year VR hibernation and a 1/2 year :ph34r: euc riding...

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on your screenshot, I think maybe your security settings are the issue. I just went to duf.net on my phone with zero issues. Yes, there's a warning icon stating that it's not secure (not using https). You on the other hand have your security settings set to "HIGH" which means the connection won't even be made.

You're in control of your own destiny. Stay in the hyper-secure garden that protects your devices from all possible threats, or loosen up a little :) 

Yes, what Marty said.....

So no different here? https://eucarmy.com/feed/podcast/

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Why on earth Alaska? It is cold there and long dark hours in winter aka 1/2 of the year.....hold on...

So you are a 1/2 year VR hibernation and a 1/2 year :ph34r: euc riding...

It's actually warmer in Alaska which is -8°C currently.  It's -21°C here  :blink1:.  The States has been hit pretty hard with snow this year in some places.  

I'm really liking this VR stuff, and the Oculus Rift has been working really well.  Star Trek Bridge Crew is a ton of fun (depending on who your crew members are).  Sorry, don't mean to derail this thread!  I'll have to watch last Sunday's Livestream when I get a chance!  :w00t2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duf said:

Yes, what Marty said.....

So no different here? https://eucarmy.com/feed/podcast/

Nope.  That page won’t even load.  Your website YouTube video plays just fine... the podcast links don’t.

5 hours ago, Duf said:

Give it 10 minutes and try again.....  I fixed something

Same issue in three different podcast apps.  Won’t start when selected.  Every other episode is fine.  

Oh well.  Maybe the next one will work like before!  Just trying to help.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, IRK said:

Haha

i have never touched my security settings ever.   Just leave them stock. Also never had an issue with an episode before. Podcasts app won’t play it on iOS. Overcast won’t play it on iOS. This is iPads and iPhones. Every other episode is totally fine listened to all of them. Even tried two again this am. This episode is not uploaded correctly.  The stream seems to be the issue.  Just wanted him to know. 

Below see another episode played without issue. Same phone. Same settings. Different browser window. 

79DA1621-D132-4D28-9397-B93806EECFE4.png

It is now fixed, for real. :)

6 minutes ago, Duf said:

It is now fixed, for real. :)

Indeed it is.  

Haha

I knew I wasn’t crazy!

On 2/13/2019 at 6:14 AM, Marty Backe said:

I feel better now!  Haha

:lol:   I was there in spirit and watched for a bit :ph34r: in lurker mode.  I was a bit split between dinner, the Oscars and the Livestream, but I did see some of it!  Gotta find some time to watch the whole thing later!  I did see the Backfire tire struggles though in the earlier video.  I wonder if some liquid soap might have made remounting easier.  I bought a $23 hub puller from Princess Auto to pull a wheel hub on my car.  I wonder if that could be used somehow, but the rim would need some sort of protective support.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3-pc-3-jaw-gear-puller-set/A-p8804056e

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone else notice that Duf has a mini-me riding in the car?  :lol:

2rfseaq.png

Mini Me Duf,  I was thinking the same thing at the time. 

It was kinda creepy. I was afraid of Big Duf. :o

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

Yes, despite developing Bell's Palsy last weekend, the show must go on....  might be a little shorter than normal as talking for extended periods of time isn't great fun right now.

• Like 1