Jump to content
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Duf's PEV LIVESTREAM, Sunday, February 24th!

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on your screenshot, I think maybe your security settings are the issue. I just went to duf.net on my phone with zero issues. Yes, there's a warning icon stating that it's not secure (not using https). You on the other hand have your security settings set to "HIGH" which means the connection won't even be made.

You're in control of your own destiny. Stay in the hyper-secure garden that protects your devices from all possible threats, or loosen up a little :) 

Haha

 

i have never touched my security settings ever.   Just leave them stock. Also never had an issue with an episode before. Podcasts app won’t play it on iOS. Overcast won’t play it on iOS. This is iPads and iPhones. Every other episode is totally fine listened to all of them. Even tried two again this am. This episode is not uploaded correctly.  The stream seems to be the issue.  Just wanted him to know. 

 

Below see another episode played without issue. Same phone. Same settings. Different browser window. 

79DA1621-D132-4D28-9397-B93806EECFE4.png

Edited by IRK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I waited for Hunka or Duf to post the live stream. My OCD finally got the better of me. I held out as long as I could. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also here is a screenshot from the iOS podcasts app. New episode won’t start. Other episode plays perfectly. 

40AAF73B-0677-44A0-839F-288E1559B305.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IRK said:

Also here is a screenshot from the iOS podcasts app. New episode won’t start. Other episode plays perfectly. 

40AAF73B-0677-44A0-839F-288E1559B305.png

I think you're on your own troubleshooting this. Clearly it's not a generic issue but something only affecting you. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I think you're on your own troubleshooting this. Clearly it's not a generic issue but something only affecting you. Good luck.

Just trying to help. It is a generic issue. Guaranteed  impossible that all of these devices and phones have issue if not  

 

Streaming it via an app has worked with every other Duf podcast and still does now. Just not this one. 

 

Here is is a completely different screen shot from my wife’s iPad. No podcast app is allowing a download or stream. Done  via iTunes on a desktop perhaps, hrough you tube perhaps,  but that is not a podcast.  

 

There was an error in uploading the content without question. 

 

Was as trying to let him know so it could be fixed or corrected for the next one. 

 

No no harm no foul!

C21030AF-0D9E-4CF0-83EA-6D769A7F717E.jpeg

Edited by IRK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:  Sorry guys I’ve been MiVR!  It’s been a full time job captaining a crew, firing phasers, engineering, and piloting a starship  :whistling:.  With a bunch of drunk/high weirdos online!  :rolleyes:

What did I miss?  What did I miss?  :w00t2:  That plus it being the next Ice Age outside, riding an EUC has been pretty far off my mind.  :cry2:  I’m moving to Alaska where it has been a balmy -2 to -8°C (28 to 17°F) as compared to our -26°C  (-15°F)!

Hope everyone is doing well!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:lol:  Sorry guys I’ve been MiVR!  It’s been a full time job captaining a crew, firing phasers, engineering, and piloting a starship  :whistling:.  With a bunch of drunk/high weirdos online!  :rolleyes:

What did I miss?  What did I miss?  :w00t2:  That plus it being the next Ice Age outside, riding an EUC has been pretty far off my mind.  :cry2:  I’m moving to Alaska where it has been a balmy -2 to -8°C (28 to 17°F) as compared to our -26°C  (-15°F)!

Hope everyone is doing well!

 

 

Why on earth Alaska? It is cold there and long dark hours in winter aka 1/2 of the year.....hold on...

So you are a 1/2 year VR hibernation and a 1/2 year :ph34r: euc riding...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on your screenshot, I think maybe your security settings are the issue. I just went to duf.net on my phone with zero issues. Yes, there's a warning icon stating that it's not secure (not using https). You on the other hand have your security settings set to "HIGH" which means the connection won't even be made.

You're in control of your own destiny. Stay in the hyper-secure garden that protects your devices from all possible threats, or loosen up a little :) 

Yes, what Marty said.....

 

So no different here? https://eucarmy.com/feed/podcast/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give it 10 minutes and try again.....  I fixed something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sorry guys I’ve been MiVR!

You're not posting from a VR browser, are you? Just to make sure you're really out...;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Why on earth Alaska? It is cold there and long dark hours in winter aka 1/2 of the year.....hold on...

So you are a 1/2 year VR hibernation and a 1/2 year :ph34r: euc riding...

It's actually warmer in Alaska which is -8°C currently.  It's -21°C here  :blink1:.  The States has been hit pretty hard with snow this year in some places.  

I'm really liking this VR stuff, and the Oculus Rift has been working really well.  Star Trek Bridge Crew is a ton of fun (depending on who your crew members are).  Sorry, don't mean to derail this thread!  I'll have to watch last Sunday's Livestream when I get a chance!  :w00t2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Duf said:

Yes, what Marty said.....

 

So no different here? https://eucarmy.com/feed/podcast/

Nope.  That page won’t even load.  Your website YouTube video plays just fine... the podcast links don’t.

5 hours ago, Duf said:

Give it 10 minutes and try again.....  I fixed something

Same issue in three different podcast apps.  Won’t start when selected.  Every other episode is fine.  

 

Oh well.  Maybe the next one will work like before!  Just trying to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, IRK said:

Haha

 

i have never touched my security settings ever.   Just leave them stock. Also never had an issue with an episode before. Podcasts app won’t play it on iOS. Overcast won’t play it on iOS. This is iPads and iPhones. Every other episode is totally fine listened to all of them. Even tried two again this am. This episode is not uploaded correctly.  The stream seems to be the issue.  Just wanted him to know. 

 

Below see another episode played without issue. Same phone. Same settings. Different browser window. 

79DA1621-D132-4D28-9397-B93806EECFE4.png

It is now fixed, for real. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duf said:

It is now fixed, for real. :)

Indeed it is.  

 

Haha

 

I knew I wasn’t crazy!

On 2/13/2019 at 6:14 AM, Marty Backe said:

I think you're on your own troubleshooting this. Clearly it's not a generic issue but something only affecting you. Good luck.

I feel better now!  Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×