Duf's PEV LIVESTREAM, Sunday, May 5th!

21 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Uh there was another one! I missed that. Thanks for the alert.

You can't ride because you're still hurting or the weather is just bad? How's the bunny?

BTW, for a few months now they have been at the same time, every two weeks. It's on a schedule that you could put in your calendar :) Audio was superb on this episode.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/15/2018 at 11:23 AM, Marty Backe said:

BTW, for a few months now they have been at the same time, every two weeks. It's on a schedule that you could put in your calendar :) Audio was superb on this episode.

'Superb', might be a bit of an exaggeration, but certainly not a problem at all.  Duf had crisp video, but Marty was on the fuzzy side.  The podcast version should be very good.

• Like 1

Are you saying  the sound problems were real?! :blink1:   I thought it was part of a comedy skit! :roflmao:  It reminded me of the old Laurel and Hardy routines but with a more modern take.  :popcorn:   I loved it! 

Well ?! At least we know that you are not paid advertisers.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

'Superb', might be a bit of an exaggeration, but certainly not a problem at all.  Duf had crisp video, but Marty was on the fuzzy side.  The podcast version should be very good.

Relative to the past few episodes, I stick by the use of 'superb'.

Do you have suggestions on how to qualify as 'superb'? Just curious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Relative to the past few episodes, I stick by the use of 'superb'.

Do you have suggestions on how to qualify as 'superb'? Just curious.

Not much of a suggestion, but since video of Duf was clearly better, and audio was as well, quality issues seem to be either in the link between you and Duf before it gets put into the live stream (codec/rate issue) or in the application software on Duf's end as in transcodes your stream to the live stream. I presume the live stream is being created at Duf's end. If it's possible for the two streams to go independently straight to youtube before being combined that might help. If that is already happening then must be a localized software issue. 

• Like 1

This would add to the superbity!  :w00t2:

https://www.amazon.ca/Rode-Anniversary-Condenser-Microphone-Package/dp/B002QAUOKS/ref=asc_df_B002QAUOKS

Or this one... :whistling:

https://www.amazon.com/3Dio-FS-Binaural-Microphone/dp/B074WHT2SQ

If you don’t like gaming headphones, maybe using an earphone to listen while recording sound on the clip on mic would help eliminate echo issues.

I wonder if the low res issue could be related to some Skype quality setting or something.

I like the addition of short video clips Duf has been playing during the broadcast as some of these I haven't seen before.  Maybe preparing a few excerpts from interesting videos to share could also be a regular part of the program.   Think of it as a highlight reel for people who might not be watching a lot of EUC videos online.  Ever watch those sports shows where they show a compilation of all the goofs and amazing plays from recent games?

Eddie Moy's 10 foot vacation selfie-stick video was fun to watch including his interaction after getting stopped by police.  Maybe a Marty and Duf reaction portion of the program watching other people's video would be interesting.  :popcorn:  People love watching reactions and listening to commentaries.  We're all voyeurs deep down inside.  :ph34r:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/28/2018 at 5:54 AM, Rehab1 said:

Sorry to hear your still not 100% but 95 % is not bad. Think of the 5% annoying pain as a reminder that your still alive.;)  

If you have resumed daily functions and have minimal pain then you probably did not tear your rotator cuff. If you go through basic range of motion shoulder activities and find a certain angle or position that causes excruciating pain along with diminished strength then you should have it looked at.

I know my employment position is different than yours as I had employees to assist me for the 2 plus months post op recovery. If you decide to ride again pick a grassy area or smooth parking lot to help build your confidence. Even if you never venture beyond a grassy knoll at least you’ll be riding again. 

When riding trails through the woods last week I feel off the Z10 but was able to take 2 steps before tumbling. That really slowed my momentum. My bucket of bolts humerus held up well. No I did not tell my wife or employees as my better half has emphasized more than once to find another place to live if I injure myself again.

I wish you the best and am so glad you still remain apart of the forum.

Thanks for the tips!  With my job it's pretty well mostly me so unfortunately my employees would be out of work if I was gone for a few months.  When you got other people depending on you for their livelihood you really have to reassess the risks you take.  Maybe I'll revisit things in a while at a slower speed in the future.  Never say never, right?!  :w00t2:  Lately my new hobby has been car repair.  Mainly sway bar links and easy stuff like that, but it's fun.  I did buy a Skil angle grinder with some metal cutoff wheels since it was on sale for $30.

You be careful with that arm!  We don't want to revisit what happened last time, that's for sure!  Thanks again for the well wishes, and you can't get rid of me that easily!  I'm like that persistent STD or methacillin-resistant infection that you just can't get rid of!  :pooping:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe I'll revisit things in a while at a slower speed in the future.  Never say never, right?!  :w00t2:  Lately my new hobby has been car repair.  Mainly sway bars and easy stuff like that, but it's fun.  I did buy a Skil angle grinder with some metal cutoff wheels since it was on sale for $30.

Good to hear. 

Car repair is fun. Sway bar replacement will certainly test your shoulder. Be well buddy. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 9:40 AM, Mark Lee said:

As an American I can't let this statement stand... Most of us are very happy with our President and will stand by him.  This Forum is not political forum therefore, PLEASE stay where you are and keep your cars from burning...

People should realize that EVERYTHING is political..... the price of sugar, coffee or an electric unicycle - that’s why your new Kingsong, imported from China will take a 15% price hike due to our noble Mr. Trump’s wise decision to enter into a trade-war with the Chinese President’s country.... Do note - none of them knows anything about electric unicycles; but when they declare war, people on the Electric Unicycle Forum groan big-time because economics are a weapon in the hands of politicians and we can choose to bury our heads in the sand....

At least, we’ll generate light humor that way ;)

Sorry I missed the Livestream, but upon watching it maybe I didn't miss too much.  :whistling:  Weird how there are so many technical difficulties since last week went okay plus the early streams went off without hitches.  Maybe it's time to downgrade back to what was working before?  Or maybe that's not possible?

Hopefully Duf can do some troubleshooting beforehand and get things working right ahead of time next time.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hopefully Duf can do some troubleshooting beforehand and get things working right ahead of time next time.

Or maybe have a back up plan , must  be something besides skype? ,, sort them out hunks ? ,, good effort anyway guys

• Like 1