Duf's PEV LIVESTREAM, Sunday, May 5th!

Hopefully Duf can figure it out - totally out of my control. I have great equipment on my end and a 10-mbps upload bandwidth.

We might have to spend a little money to get a bit more professional software.

Yes, I think the software needs work.  

The glitch I think was a simple MUTE or slider that was miss aligned because Marty was very very low (almost non existent) on the audio, yet Duf could hear him fine.  The new video card may or may not do anything really,  although Due said it was less processor intensive he only had one feed going so it was not an apples, to Apples, comparison.  So it may or may not help the processing, and most-likely will make zero difference with the current software since Marty's video was still crap when both feeds were on the stream. If the video card was going to help, you would have thought it would have been at that point.  So I think some real software is needed here.  

More things had changed, because we had audio during the count down from Duf, and no Audio from Marty at anytime, so more than one thing was different.

• Like 1

Maybe we should start a fund raiser to get a decent Live stream going.  Maybe Duff needs a new 23 Channel Walkie-Talkie for some real bandwidth, I think that would work right? :) 

We do need our own NA based EUC Live cast, this a fast changing industry, the Asian industry may stop for their New Year holiday, but they won't stop for Winter.  Gotway must have a new wheel coming, as I think they have not released anything new for over a month :)   OK maybe they are tackling a real problem like as updatable firmware, new casing, suspension, or the move to 21700 cells (oh I :dribble:over the though of the latest cells like the 40T and 50E in an EUC) .  

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2018 at 9:59 AM, Marty Backe said:

Hopefully Duf can figure it out - totally out of my control. I have great equipment on my end and a 10-mbps upload bandwidth.

We might have to spend a little money to get a bit more professional software.

Bandwidth is definitely an issue on both ends I think in regards to Marty's video feed.  Like you, I have a high speed DOWNLOAD speed of 150mbs but the upload speed is only 10-12 MB like you.  Until they offer asynchronous gig fiber in my area I think the video fuzziness on your side will be present, unless I make you a postage stamp on screen . ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duf said:

Bandwidth is definitely an issue on both ends I think in regards to Marty's video feed.  Like you, I have a high speed DOWNLOAD speed of 150mbs but the upload speed is only 10-12 MB like you.  Until they offer asynchronous gig fiber in my area I think the video fuzziness on your side will be present, unless I make you a postage stamp on screen . ;)

"only 10-12 MB" is actually huge, IMO. I've seen lots of other livestreams with non-fuzzy members. As an example, take a look at our Episode 7 (I picked a random early episode). We both look sharp and at about the same resolution. That episode looked great.

Something changed. And during our testing on Friday, when you disabled something, you said I became sharp again. So it's not a bandwidth issue between our homes. It must be a software issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe the new video drivers may have hijacked some audio controls or rerouted them somehow?  Even with the early first episode things looked pretty good in terms of video quality.  It might be a good idea to do a trial run of settings ahead of time on a private livestream so Cindy can check in to see how things sound and look before going live?

Or maybe Marty can try hosting it from his side to be broadcast on his Youtube channel?  It looks like there's an advanced NDI setting that must be enabled, and there are a few different software options to help with streaming?

https://www.skype.com/en/content-creators/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

"only 10-12 MB" is actually huge, IMO. I've seen lots of other livestreams with non-fuzzy members. As an example, take a look at our Episode 7 (I picked a random early episode). We both look sharp and at about the same resolution. That episode looked great.

Something changed. And during our testing on Friday, when you disabled something, you said I became sharp again. So it's not a bandwidth issue between our homes. It must be a software issue.

You became sharp when I was no longer broadcasting my video feed. :)  Video on episode 7 was definitely much better though.  We both have undergone Skype "upgrades" since then 

Edited by Duf
  • Like 1

Just a heads up guys and maybe Marty wants to chime in on this.  For the foreseeable future  I will be running the live stream solo with maybe a side assist from Cindy.  Marty is taking a break from the broadcast because he took on a part time job to save up money to buy a bunch of EUC's next year!  Ok well maybe not, but seriously it will just be me steering the ship for now.  I of course still plan to have the broadcast be EUC-centric but I also plan to open it up more to the other devices I own/ride like the One Wheel and electric skateboards.

If you want to help the broadcast out, send in your questions or topics you would like me to touch on via email at duf@eucarmy.com  Also with a solo format there is a lot more opportunity to answer and respond to chat.  So tune in Sunday night and see what happens!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Livestream approacheth!  You guys did a bang up job with the biweekly series.  I’m sure it’s not easy to talk for two hours at a time about all things EUC, but you guys pulled it off quite well.  Barring a few technical issues later on in the game, it was a great effort at having a live talk show with interactions with viewers.

Here’s wishing continued success with The Duf Show!  :cheers:  Maybe consider getting a few other guest appearances on board.  Who wouldn’t want to see a live chat with the famous @houseofjob or the speak it like it is @eddiemoy?  Or maybe @The Fat Unicyclist could be coerced away from his EUC business to share a few experiences from the southern hemisphere?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The Livestream approacheth!  You guys did a bang up job with the biweekly series.  I’m sure it’s not easy to talk for two hours at a time about all things EUC, but you guys pulled it off quite well.  Barring a few technical issues later on in the game, it was a great effort at having a live talk show with interactions with viewers.

Here’s wishing continued success with The Duf Show!  :cheers:  Maybe consider getting a few other guest appearances on board.  Who wouldn’t want to see a live chat with the famous @houseofjob or the speak it like it is @eddiemoy?  Or maybe @The Fat Unicyclist could be coerced away from his EUC business to share a few experiences from the southern hemisphere?

Yea I will reach out to a few people once I get my feet underneath me.  When using Google Hangouts inviting others to the party is very easy. 

14 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

• Like 3

Another good livestream tonight!  I almost forgot to tune in since it starts right at dinner time for me, but I was able to pop in now and then while I was cooking.

Hopefully Marty might return in the future... 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few folks have reached out to me regarding possible copyright infringement that may exist in the latest video. To be honest, I don't mind much and would probably never pursue a takedown or anything (especially against another EUC community member). I only wanted to bring it up for discussion and think most people just want to see people properly attributed for their work. For future streams, consider mentioning the source and linking to it in the description?

(This is specifically around the usage of the WraithWheel video clip @1:22:55 .)

• Upvote 1

If you read the chat playback we mentioned the Wraithwheel specifically, and I thought I saw the names of the people involved with the project were also given credit (maybe not?).  There was a SanFran rider in the chat pointing things out as well.  I would think that more exposure is a good thing, and I don’t think anyone thought the video was copyrighted.  

It is a good point to bring up though that just because something is out there in the public video domain, it doesn’t mean that one has the rights to replay it on a livestream.  @Duf just thought it was cool and wanted to share it with other viewers who might not have seen it just like how one would have done by sharing a link to it on a forum.  I’m sure he will respond for himself shortly, and link it up.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

Yeah, absolutely, more exposure and content is definitely great for our sport and the community.  Definitely appreciate any shares of my content 👍

There were a few people who were concerned that the source wasn’t clearly linked/stated. I’m not sure if it solves fair use/copyright laws, but I think just doing that would go a long way towards goodwill.

e.g., “Here’s a video from the alienrides channel”, versus, “Here’s a cool video for you”.

• Upvote 1

Definitely!  That video looks like it took quite some time to edit, film, and put together so credit should go to where it's due.  Maybe for future clips, Duf can check ahead of time with the owner to see if it's okay to post a short clip and add a link to it on his video description.  A little bit of synergy goes a long way towards cross promoting.  For example, some One Wheel guys who don't follow this forum might see the clip and think "Wow that's cool!" and perhaps look more into joining the EUC community.  We all thought it was an awesome video and custom ride/outfit so we were glad to see it referenced by Duf on the stream.  :thumbup:

I can't speak for the guy personally, but it looks like Duf has a bit of a history with breaking the rules... :whistling:  You should see what happened with his Drone in the park...  I would have thought that maybe the authorities would have issued first a stern warning, and only for repeat offenses maybe a fine and then a court appearance.  Nope, the US takes their park no drone policy pretty seriously down there.  :blink:

Definitely don't want people to stop showcasing cool EUC content, we all want the community to grow together. More content is good for all of us.

I think just a simple statement of who sent you the content, and where the source of content would appease most people. Keep making good stuff 👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1