Anyone try the larger ‘Speed Wheel’ available at More4Mini yet?

On 11/24/2018 at 11:24 PM, MetricUSA said:

As I mentioned in in other post we need to start a petition to have ninebot stop supplying the stock tire! They are paper thin and the reason that broken glass is constantly cutting into it, hence why everybody needs to put green stuff as soon as they buy a mini!!

Right now buying a Hybrid tire is actually a must after you're done putting green stuff in your tire...

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about; Maybe you got some bad tires.  Only got a flat after 800km on 1 tire. Tire sealant fixed it.  I ride sharp rock terrain pavement, trails, and off trail.  I think the supplied tires were an excellent choice. My other units are less mileage, but no tire issues.  Maybe I'm quickly not to encounter glass, but I don't see that many other people reporting problems with the original tires.  We all just want larger tires for faster speed and/or getting over obstacles.

• 7 months later...

@FreeRide I've just ordered the same 'speed/sport' tires for my mini and found your excellent guide for swaping them - big thanks!! One thing that concerns me - is it acctually possiblle to remove/attache fenders without touching the wheels (or at least I need to make them loose)?

6 hours ago, MacGary said:

@FreeRide I've just ordered the same 'speed/sport' tires for my mini and found your excellent guide for swaping them - big thanks!! One thing that concerns me - is it acctually possiblle to remove/attache fenders without touching the wheels (or at least I need to make them loose)?

Look for the other reports on removing the fenders. I'm pretty sure you have to at least loosen the wheels you may not need to remove the bolts completely, i can't remember exactly right now.  I think i saw some where where one guy just bent the fenders, and another that kind of broke them then moved them without having to remove the wheels.  The fenders are a pain, mine are still not really secure and i have to adjust them from time to time, and off road rocks and branches can move them. I might tack them down more permanently still at some point.