Following the advice of RobertAce to master an MCE

Atharif

@Atharif, great video (even if I did have to use the subtitles!)

Right at the beginning it was obvious you were favouring left turns with only short right turns. Later in the video, when you tried to do right turns this became much clearer as you struggled with them at slow speed. This happens to almost everybody, but it is as much of a problem for some people to turn left as it is for you to turn right - I.e., it is nothing to do with the physics of the wheel it is purely that you have a more dominant leg and which leg is dominent varies with the person riding.

May I suggest that you force the issue by practicing going around that track much more in clockwise, right handed circuits than anti-clockwise otherwise you are just reinforcing the dominant leg rather than training the other one.

Note this tends to be a problem particularly at slow speed. Faster turns where you simply lean left or right tend to be much less “handed” I.e. just as easy left or right - so you are also correct in spending time practicing at slow riding (any idiot can go fast it only takes bravery - it is maintaining good control at slow speed that takes skill ?)

Keep up the good work though, you are doing well ??

On 7/24/2018 at 2:39 PM, Keith said:

@Atharif, great video (even if I did have to use the subtitles!)

Right at the beginning it was obvious you were favouring left turns with only short right turns. Later in the video, when you tried to do right turns this became much clearer as you struggled with them at slow speed. This happens to almost everybody, but it is as much of a problem for some people to turn left as it is for you to turn right - I.e., it is nothing to do with the physics of the wheel it is purely that you have a more dominant leg and which leg is dominent varies with the person riding.

May I suggest that you force the issue by practicing going around that track much more in clockwise, right handed circuits than anti-clockwise otherwise you are just reinforcing the dominant leg rather than training the other one.

Note this tends to be a problem particularly at slow speed. Faster turns where you simply lean left or right tend to be much less “handed” I.e. just as easy left or right - so you are also correct in spending time practicing at slow riding (any idiot can go fast it only takes bravery - it is maintaining good control at slow speed that takes skill ?)

Keep up the good work though, you are doing well ??

You're right, I know, as I knew that, in this video I always try to make the biggest turns to the left, I've already practiced a lot in the clockwise direction, this week I'll upload another, with a circuit for a wheel, this is the circuit that I did with the Ninebot Mini Plus, to practice zigzag and is something more complicated for the wheel.

I share a lot your opinion, go fast anybody can do it, it's just bravery, it's hard to go slow and it's where you get more muscle memory, if you dominate go slow, you're practically dominated or go fast.

Archived