KS18L aftermarket suggestions / ideas

Unventor

@US69 Can you forward an idea for optional aftermarket items to suggest for Kingsong?

They kind of did this with extra charger port, I thinking expanding the concept.

Yesterday I think Jason posted that bigger pedals are in the works as an option. Great idea, I my book could be pedals surface options too.

I think a formfitted (rain)cover could be a fantastic optional, for a commuter to improve weather resistance of the wheel and for people who want to avoid scratching their wheel. It could be made with some refective and foamy material similar to how the Inmotion have done for their wheels.

And I still don't  get why wheel makers don't make foam option like you had for ninebot s1 (I don't recall model right maybe, as I only saw pictures of this, but never owned a ninebot).

In most cases manufactures tend to have optionals to improve profit thinking of other type of product, e.g. cars.

Yep, I made the same suggestion in the other thread.

I was actually thinking of getting the Inmotion v10 cover, as it is about the same size. Which would be bad for KS as their wheel would then advertise a competitor one.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, Unventor said:

@US69 Can you forward an idea for optional aftermarket items to suggest for Kingsong?

They kind of did this with extra charger port, I thinking expanding the concept.

Yesterday I think Jason posted that bigger pedals are in the works as an option. Great idea, I my book could be pedals surface options too.

I think a formfitted (rain)cover could be a fantastic optional, for a commuter to improve weather resistance of the wheel and for people who want to avoid scratching their wheel. It could be made with some refective and foamy material similar to how the Inmotion have done for their wheels.

And I still don't  get why wheel makers don't make foam option like you had for ninebot s1 (I don't recall model right maybe, as I only saw pictures of this, but never owned a ninebot).

In most cases manufactures tend to have optionals to improve profit thinking of other type of product, e.g. cars.

5 hours ago, LorenW said:

Redesigned mudguard.

The "ball sack" design seems not to be favored by most. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, stephen said:

yeah bigger pedals would be great ?? 

Ok,

@Unventor Sorry for late answering ?

First the easy parts: As i have heard bigger pedals will be coming, but i have to verify that with KS once more!

The Mudguard: As the design is not the nicest one, most of the users seam to prefer that at LEAST there is now one and that KS has included the mudguard.

I would go for 3rd Party 3 3D printed Solutions here for other designs!

Now the hardest pard to the raincovers or other "optionals" like Inmotion did:

I will bring over the Question,promised,  but i Kind of know the answer:

All actual wheels like 14d/s, 16s, 18L are produced (on Purpose) in a modular design. What i mean with this is that all the named Wheel have (easy Explanation) an inner Shell which is really nearly undestructable and also all wheels have their outer Shells and parts. KS sees it partly in a way that so you can Change all outer parts in case of destructions very easy!

Thats perhaps one of the reasons why they are not doing any of those coats until now…….

Another reason for sure is: KS is (by far) NOT such a big Player than Inmotion or Ninebot. 

Absolutly not....so they might  just not have the Manpower to concentrate on such "optionals" for their wheels!

But i will bring over the Question respectivly the idea! 

1 hour ago, nute said:

There is someone making really cool wraps for the 18L and others. No idea where he is, tried messaging him on FB but not got a response. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1095959803798046/

These are being done in Singapore. Try this link... https://www.facebook.com/kazam.sg/

I like that leather backpack one. They even made a new mud guard, not that I dislike the old one (one of few I guess).

On 7/27/2018 at 1:20 PM, US69 said:

First the easy parts: As i have heard bigger pedals will be coming, but i have to verify that with KS once more! 

Any news on this, really looking forward to it :) .

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

Any news on this, really looking forward to it :) .

The only thing i can say is that the pedals will be revised for future wheels…….more i can't say, Sorry!

• 1 month later...

@US69 well fall season is upcoming and that means colder and wet weather comming too in my area at least.

Can I put forward a suggestion to Kingsong to make a rain cover, to make wheel safe for riding rain. I am fully aware this has some risk to it as water puddles hides surface and potentially pot holes. And of course pedals more slippery.

It would make the wheel a contestor to a bike for short and mid range commuting. I would buy it asap it could be available.

Once the first night frost set in I will have to use my car again, but I really like my cab like feeling riding with my KS18L in the morning and the time and parking money I save by riding EUC to work and short distance shopping.

And of course, still with my big fat smile on my face, as I ride as usual. 

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Can I put forward a suggestion to Kingsong to make a rain cover, to make wheel safe for riding rain. I am fully aware this has some risk to it as water puddles hides surface and potentially pot holes. And of course pedals more slippery.

In the meantime I've found this helpful for a cover.

It's made of neoprene, but of course we'd prefer a Kingsong made cover!

Hopefully it helps you too

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/5945-housse-de-protection-ks18l/?tab=comments#comment-128524

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, Unventor said:

@US69 well fall season is upcoming and that means colder and wet weather comming too in my area at least.

It would make the wheel a contestor to a bike for short and mid range commuting. I would buy it asap it could be available.

Once the first night frost set in I will have to use my car again, but I really like my cab like feeling riding with my KS18L in the morning and the time and parking money I save by riding EUC to work and short distance shopping.

And of course, still with my big fat smile on my face, as I ride as usual. 

I will ask my contacts at KS...but to be honest, we have a really small market, and as KS is not that big as Inmotion, which is able to do such Things, i doubt something like this will be Happening. Perhaps someone can try if the V8 cover will fit?

Another Question: Why wont you use your KS when the first Cold nights set in??? As Long as you have the Wheel in the house colder situations dont affect the batterys that much, as they stay warm while usage. Or are you refering to slippery roads?

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Another Question: Why wont you use your KS when the first Cold nights set in??? As Long as you have the Wheel in the house colder situations dont affect the batterys that much, as they stay warm while usage. Or are you refering to slippery roads?

By cold night I mean frost set in.

Yes I can honestly say I am afraid of hitting what we call black ice. It is a hidden patch of mirrow like ice that is about as slippery as ice can get. 

I have had some bad accidents in my time using a bike. I don't want to risk this on an EUC.

Now black ice can happen out of the blue, but often you see it in the night or early mornings and on spots that was fine the day before. That why it is so treasonous. It will almost always catch you by surprise.

Archived