Parking and Securing an EUC in the street

I'd be too worried about people walking past and shouting "UNATTENDED BAG!" and thinking it was an explosive device of some kind. The lock he's using looks like it would be dead easy to cut too.

I have a V10F and a Kingsong 18s that have a space under the handle for a heavy chain or a large gauge cable like lock. There are some places like the library, Pot shops, pet stores(they scare the dogs), some food establishmnets and Theaters wont allow them either. I have taken mine to Church as well. People will turn it on if curious, so I have begun to use the Lock mechanism in the App. I find band name stickers and other such decorations let people know it is not abandonned. That Irish bloke may want to look for a fat childs raincoat in a thrift store to cover his baby rather than that plastic bag he possibly got for Christmas.

Put a Tile in the thing and then you have double protection.

31 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Put a Tile in the thing and then you have double protection.

I bought a tile a year ago and put it on my keys,  When I loose my keys in the morning and need to go to work it comes in handy. If you leave the app running it uses up your data so everyone turns the app off. I used it one morning and remembered where my keys were so I turned the app off before finding the keys. The keys were left in the app as missing. THREE MONTHS LATER I was eating lunch at a restaurant and I got a message that my key were at the restaurant. It took three months of walking in and out of an average of 10 different buildings every day with my keys on my side to get a hit on them.  

On 7/21/2018 at 2:43 AM, Jean Dublin said:

Hi all,

I came across this video and found it quite interesting and funny.

What do you guys think?

I don't know if I would personally do it...

Seems like it would work really well...

... until it didn't.

If I saw that in the street I'd things it's just a bag of rubbish.

I agree it still is risky, but still better than locking it uncovered I would say, even if with a very strong lock and app lock. 

1 hour ago, Cumulus Libre said:

I am quite curious to other suggestions as well, but a plastic bag and a lock, isn't really what I was hoping for.. ;) 

OK Well ?.....  I guess you could use a trash can instead but it would be harder to carry around and people would trow trash in it. 

Honestly , one of the beauties of the wheel is that it is small and easy to carry and store. That makes it easy to steal. I usually just take my wheel in with me. No one has ever asked me to leave. I do have a backup plan. Half the buildings down town have a small storage room that I have a key to and the other half are next to a building with a small storage room that I have a key to. Maybe you have seen my room. The door says "Danger Authorized Personal Only"

5 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

If I saw that in the street I'd things it's just a bag of rubbish.

I agree it still is risky, but still better than locking it uncovered I would say, even if with a very strong lock and app lock. 

You can get a professional bag made for snare Drums that is weatherproof and fantastic looking. For the 18” and larger 16” EUCs you can use a giant Tom drum cover and throw your helmet inside to lessen the slack while parked.

I agree, for wet climates a weather cover is valuable and necessary.

Archived