A couple more weird things with the 18L...

Circuitmage

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tim716 Actually, that sounds a lot like my initial post at the top, item #2. Mine was beeping several times before I also unplugged it and restarted charging, and it also had some LEDs on and frozen. It seemed to be a direct result of lifting the unit while it was charging, and this was on an original FW version.

1 hour ago, tim716 said:

I had a weird thing today with my 18L I’d never seen mentioned before. 

When charging (in off state, no lights on), my 18L suddenly started beeping. A single beep once every 5 seconds. When I pressed On button, the EUC showed two red lights on each side, one in the middle of the led bands, one on the top. When I pressed The button again, the EUC turned off. I disconnected the wheel from the charger and On the next button press the EUC turned on and worked normally.

So, what it was? Is it dangerous? I’m a bit paranoid about strange things while charging, since I’m very afraid of the fire. 

Hy Tim,

did you still have this effect?

Sounds like your wheel, no clue why, „has forgotten its serial number“.... Dont worry to much, contact your seller, he should be able to fix that with a special app.

If he dont know how to keep on...please contact me via PM...but please, before ho over your seller!

Thanks you guys for your answers and advice! I don’t think my wheel has forgotten its serial. At least it immediately “remembered” it after I stopped charging and restarted the wheel with the button. Then I was able to ride it home, though I have to admit having my tail between my legs ;) No issues on the way though. 

I charged it at home for 2 more hours and everything was ok, the problem hasn’t returned so far.

It really looks like item #2 in this thread, though I don’t remember lifting the wheel.

King Song wheels have "fault codes" and which lights are on determines what they mean. So even though it appears to just be a glitch in this case, should this happen to anyone else...

Count which LED are lit - starting with #1 at the bottom and working upward. The meaning of each combination is as follows;

LED #1 and #4: Lit red and audible alarm - A wiring communication fault has been detected with the hall sensor wire in/to the motor.
LED #1 and #5: Lit red and audible alarm - A short circuit has been detected in one of the three motor phase wires.
LED #1 and #6: Lit red and audible alarm - The machine’s serial number has been corrupted.
LED #1 and #7: Lit red and audible alarm - A firmware upgrade has failed.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone expirienced that, while being idle, their "motor temperature" is way below room temperature (~12 c in 21 c room)

this could ofcourse be the high conductivity from the coils.

im asking becouse when checking my L i noticed that the small red cable going to the motor was damaged during factory assembly and im wondering if the damage could be the culprit to a low temp. 

anyone know what the red cable is for?

6 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

anyone expirienced that, while being idle, their "motor temperature" is way below room temperature (~12 c in 21 c room)

this could ofcourse be the high conductivity from the coils.

If the wheel was inside the motor has to have at least room temperature. Just if coming from somewhere cold (outside) it needs time to warm up. 

6 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

im asking becouse when checking my L i noticed that the small red cable going to the motor was damaged during factory assembly and im wondering if the damage could be the culprit to a low temp. 

anyone know what the red cable is for?

The small cables to the motor (beside the big fat cables for the motor coils) are for the hall sensors (with most wheels 5 wires) and since your wheel shows motor temperatures there should be cables for the sensor.

So if the wheel reports wrong temperatures the damaged wire could be the temp sensor wire? Is the wire cut through/broken (no connection) or just the insulation damaged?

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

So if the wheel reports wrong temperatures the damaged wire could be the temp sensor wire? Is the wire cut through/broken (no connection) or just the insulation damaged?

The wire was squezed between the top plastick part, insulation damaged, and probably a few wires cut, i insulated it with some electric tape and made sure this section would be under no stress..

I Agree the temperature should be the same as the room, but since it is not i would like some confirmation this cable (small red) going to the motor could be the culprit, @US69

On 12/5/2018 at 9:41 PM, Rob Valley said:

Agree the temperature should be the same as the room, but since it is not i would like some confirmation this cable (small red) going to the motor could be the culprit, @US69

Sorry, please...

I am not THAT technican...

Anyone has ever had their 18L light up all LEDs in white? It is similar to how it looks during FW update but all LEDs are lit up. It happened to me twice already each time on different 18L. It doesn't come back after restart but once it happens it stays like that until EUC is turned off. It seems weird that it happens on random, but I would love to actually be able to set that up in the app as it is the most visible and most elegant color in my opinion.

How Kingsong will fix the problem for the KS18L (freeze in the supermarket) ?
If the trolley bars are like antenna, should we connect them to the ground?

Archived