A couple more weird things with the 18L...

Circuitmage

55 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

Yes I noticed that too... and eventually used to that... Modern EUC gyros are 3D and also algorithms are dynamic. So I think it depends the speed, turning left/right, etc...  Then I'm thinking that we should not expect that if we adjust it to -3deg it will remain like that in any situation.

i may add that this in my view a normal reaction...

Whenever i take ANY of my wheel with me in the subway...it reacts to acveleration,  braking and curves of the subway moving...

So sure it also does that when accelerating itself...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it will help
Manual:

3.8 To calibrate your Electric Unicycle
1. Lean the Wheel completely upright against a wall at the angle you wish to ride at and press the 'YES' button, th
e device will turn off.
2. Keep the angle of the device, press the power button to turn on, there will be 5 beeps, and then turn to long beep
ing.
3.Turn off the device, and then trun on, the Wheel will now be set at the desired pedal pitch.

2 hours ago, ntz said:

So the Tilt angle only applies below a certain speed?  Is there any way to counter this? 

I was beginning to think it was flaw...quite frustrating too

I really can not answer that question...

As said....as recognized in the subway, acceleration and braking having an influence on the systems of out wheels!

(all my wheels, see at the bottom, behave like this).

I personally also like to calibrate my wheels like you, so that the front is higher than the back...i just cant answer which degree exactly!

Perhaps tomorrow i can try to adjust my 18s a bit more extrem to “front pedal higher”....and then lokk how it behaves at a bit higher speed, if i feel the pedal coming down again. Lets see how that works out. In the moment i just would say, Yes, speed, and acceleration are influencing the pedal behaviour! Perhaps i also should shoot a video in the subway...the wheel moving and reacting to the subway speed and so....

10 hours ago, US69 said:

i may add that this in my view a normal reaction...

Whenever i take ANY of my wheel with me in the subway...it reacts to acveleration,  braking and curves of the subway moving...

So sure it also does that when accelerating itself...

This is interesting. I was taking subway today and was thinking about this recent post (not that I have nothing else to do but that was  35 minutes trip in boring metro with my daughter ? ) and I was holding my KS18L, switched on, next to me. I was surprised to clearly see that the wheel angle was changing when the subway was turning... So yes there are more gyro directions involved that just back and forward.

I ve never read about this anywhere..interesting indeed.

I haven't been able to test the tilt angle while riding..I guess I ll need to fix the mobile phone (with the light rule app)  to the top of the wheel and do screen recordings repeatedly along  the same route. Because I get the impression that the tilt angle is not consistent 

16 hours ago, ntz said:

I ve never read about this anywhere..interesting indeed.

I haven't been able to test the tilt angle while riding..I guess I ll need to fix the mobile phone (with the light rule app)  to the top of the wheel and do screen recordings repeatedly along  the same route. Because I get the impression that the tilt angle is not consistent 

I can confirm... It is not... and thisbl is normal.

I just got my 18L Friday, I think it has a battery/charging problem.  Twice I left it on the charger until it turned green, both times it only reads 76% battery when finished.  More worrisome is straight off the charger the battery voltage is only showing as 77-78 volts...   :(

1 hour ago, Duf said:

I just got my 18L Friday, I think it has a battery/charging problem.  Twice I left it on the charger until it turned green, both times it only reads 76% battery when finished.  More worrisome is straight off the charger the battery voltage is only showing as 77-78 volts...   :(

28 minutes ago, Duf said:

85 volts coming out of the charger, great.....

That the wheel isnt charging to full is a real problem, contact ewheels and make a change, probably a BMS or cell failure!

85 volt coming out of the charger is totally ok...a working BMS should handle that!

@Duf but just to be sure:

Which app on which version do you use when checking the percentage? And How much  of the battery indicatioon side lights are on, when you say its only 77%, please?

1 hour ago, Duf said:

85 volts coming out of the charger, great.....

Given KingSongs history of under/overreading correct battery voltages I'd be inclined to measure the battery output voltage direct at the connector to confirm if this is another instance of incorrect voltage reporting on the mainboard rather than a battery BMS issue.

3 hours ago, US69 said:

@Duf but just to be sure:

Which app on which version do you use when checking the percentage? And How much  of the battery indicatioon side lights are on, when you say its only 77%, please?

I used the KingSong app.  The lights on the side indicate a partial charge as well, the top light is not on.

18 minutes ago, Duf said:

I used the KingSong app.  The lights on the side indicate a partial charge as well, the top light is not on.

Then definitely contact Jason....thats no normal behaviour, some cells are dead, or one of the BMS is not working and prevent the charging to get full!

1 hour ago, nte said:

@Duf there was a comment on your youtube vid that suggested that there is a "charging issue" with an older firmware version. Did you update to 1.0.7?

Yes first thing I did when I got the wheel was update to 1.07

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Then definitely contact Jason....thats no normal behaviour, some cells are dead, or one of the BMS is not working and prevent the charging to get full!

I'm a step ahead of you. :)  Jason wants me to disconnect one pack at a time and see if I can charge either to more than 77-78 volts.

38534438_10156970751777841_9163766648224612352_n.jpg

Just now, Duf said:

I'm a step ahead of you. :)  Jason wants me to disconnect one pack at a time and see if I can charge either to more than 77-78 volts.

38534438_10156970751777841_9163766648224612352_n.jpg

Ok!

As you are experienced with things like this...not that bad to find out the failure!

Test each pack individually...if it gets higher for charging!

(but -please- dont come to the idea to reconnect them  IF they do so and vary in voltage!!!)

If even the individual charging of the batteries stays the same it is a board failure...(dont think so at the time)...but we will see!

4 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Given KingSongs history of under/overreading correct battery voltages I'd be inclined to measure the battery output voltage direct at the connector to confirm if this is another instance of incorrect voltage reporting on the mainboard rather than a battery BMS issue.

Yea but the lights indicated a partial charge as well and the mileage I got out of the wheel yesterday where 20 miles left me at roughly 20% battery remaining makes me almost positive one/both of the packs are bad.

Archived