KS-16S 1.07 Firmware bricked my EUC

Steven Algoet

@MouseWithoutBorders, does this mean your wheel is now working?  If so, can you share what you did for un-brick your wheel and whether you used Android or iOS.

I second you comment to @US69 to publish or update the uniformed, which includes me (i am interested in any iOS fixes).

1 hour ago, Tom D said:

@MouseWithoutBorders, does this mean your wheel is now working?  If so, can you share what you did for un-brick your wheel and whether you used Android or iOS.

I second you comment to @US69 to publish or update the uniformed, which includes me (i am interested in any iOS fixes).

Yes, my ks16s is now fully functional. I have done a quick test with over 10kms on it. Everything is smooth, love it so far besides some super minor issues already mentioned in this forum.

I guess the chance to get into this issue when upgrading the firmware is low. So if someone gets into this state, just need to contact @US69 he would give a mantra to get the wheel upgraded to a good state?

Btw, feeling good riding an EUC. It is like playing skiing without a need to go to a ski resort? Still remember a random toddler asking at a park - "Is that a front part of a motorcycle? Why are you riding only a front part of it? Why/where have you lost the rear part of it?" - laughing whenever thinking of this?

1 hour ago, MouseWithoutBorders said:

Yes, my ks16s is now fully functional. I have done a quick test with over 10kms on it. Everything is smooth, love it so far besides some super minor issues already mentioned in this forum.

I guess the chance to get into this issue when upgrading the firmware is low. So if someone gets into this state, just need to contact @US69 he would give a mantra to get the wheel upgraded to a good state?

Btw, feeling good riding an EUC. It is like playing skiing without a need to go to a ski resort? Still remember a random toddler asking at a park - "Is that a front part of a motorcycle? Why are you riding only a front part of it? Why/where have you lost the rear part of it?" - laughing whenever thinking of this?

Interested in any thoughts you have about the difference (improvement?) between firmware versions when it comes to ride characteristics.   I'm guessing you may not have had the 16S for long enough before doing the upgrade to be able to comment, but thought I'd ask.  

@MouseWithoutBorders, great to hear and congratulations on a successful upgrade and fully functioning wheel.  Thanks also to @US69 for assisting members!!  It's great to have a helpful community.  

As stated in previous post, I received my new 16S this week, but haven't had time to ride (work).  I plan on riding this weekend, but will use Darkness app versus FW upgrade.  Looking forward to experiencing the difference between the 14D and the extended range.  After a nice break-in, I may take the plunge and upgrade. 

@mezzanine you were right, the first thing I did when receiving the wheel was to upgrade its firmware as I was prompted to do so. The second thing was to unlock its speed using Darknessbot as I can handle high speed pretty well The third thing was to install Wheellog:)

Btw, We have a small group here with different wheels, I feel safer riding it than riding the V8 (probably due to the height of the pedals) but I did not find it stronger much (will do more testing), probably because I am lightweight. I am riding in the Experienced mode.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:50 AM, Steven Algoet said:

I installed the latest android version on my phone and than the update message came up.

Started updating, my screen went out and the update process stopped at 13%

Restarted the wheel, but I guess I bricked it that way. When I turn it on now, I just hear a voice say 'blotooth is off'. And the blue light is on. 

I can still connect but get the message that I have to update the firmware. But when I select that, there is no option to upgrade.

Anyone some advice?

Screenshot_20180719-123949.jpg

Screenshot_20180719-123102.jpg

Screenshot_20180719-104313.jpg

Did you try hitting the orange circle with the arrow again? I am assuming that if it showed up again while updating it must want to be tapped. I just upgraded 30 minutes ago on an android and had no issues.

I would recommend resetting the blue tooth connection and going for it again.

On 8/1/2018 at 3:59 AM, Tom D said:

Mouse are you using Android or iOS?  This thread can be a little confusing as it seems to drift between Android and iOS successes and failures.  If I am following this correctly, it looks like @Smoother was able to successfully update using iOS.

Yes, I used IOS and yes, my upgrade to 1.07 was successful the first time with no hickups or wobbles.  I don't have any advice unfortunately.  I simply followed the instructions on the screen and watched and waited for the percentage complete counter to climb up to 100%.  Can't remember what happened next, possibly some beeping.  Anyway, I think I turned the wheel off then on again, and I immediately heard the cooling fan go through the test routine, so I knew it was successful.  Honestly, I can't say I've noticed any difference in the driving characteristics.  It's always been a pretty top notch driver.  What's more important, is that I didn't notice any reduced performance.

What I did notice was that the battery level seemed to jump from around 85% before the upgrade to over 90% after.  And I did not charge it.  Also, the battery level is now different between the factory app and Darknessbot.

On 8/2/2018 at 5:39 PM, Lutalo said:

I would recommend resetting the blue tooth connection and going for it again.

+1 on that.  What's the worst that could happen, 2 bricks?  You could start a builder's supply company.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have encountered the same issue at Steven Algoet, I tried updating my King Song 16S firmware from 1.07 to 1.08 and it stopped working. getting same error messages as Steven. 

Steven or US69 please let me know how you resolved the issue. I cannot PM as I am a new member.

regards Jeff

• 2 months later...

Archived