Inmotion V5F won't shut down

Jonny

Hi, I've got this strange problem... my wheel won't shut down.

So I came home yesterday, shut my wheel down and let it charge up through the night. In the morning I simply unplugged the cable, but the lights did not shut down, nor the battery indicator. I tried to plug the charger cable back in and out, but it didn't work. Next thing i tried is to use mobile app to turn it off. This turned of the battery light, but not the lights. Then i tried to work with the battery reset button top of the charger plug hole thing. It did reset itself and the gyroscope started to work. But the button still wasn't working. (the light also doesn't work) Holding the reset button turns wheel off, but after turning reseting it again the same thing happens...

Did someone experience something similar? What else can I try?

I also contacted the seller but the take their time to respond.

Thanks

I don't remember similar behavior in my v5f, but you can try the Erase Data option from the Diagnose menu. By the way you can do a Diagnose. Hope you can solve without sending it to technical service

11 minutes ago, Demargon said:

I don't remember similar behavior in my v5f, but you can try the Erase Data option from the Diagnose menu. By the way you can do a Diagnose. Hope you can solve without sending it to technical service

Diagnose says that everything is ok. Erasing flash also did not help... 

Actually I have it for seven days today and last night i didn't even ride it, i just pushed it home..

Thank you

If you haven't another option, dismount the euc shell and take a look inside, maybe something are unplugged or snapped. If you do that, is a good idea tight all the bolts and screws in the process

On 7/19/2018 at 10:22 PM, Demargon said:

If you haven't another option, dismount the euc shell and take a look inside, maybe something are unplugged or snapped. If you do that, is a good idea tight all the bolts and screws in the process

Hi again. 

Thank you for you advice, I.. actually got a flat tire yesterday so I had to open it up anyways. --- SO-- everything is where it was supposed to be, nothing snapped or unplugged. 

But I had an idea, i tried to use the wheel it run out of power. I was very sceptic, since i tried to unplug battery when it was on directly. Nothing helped. But now, it tileded back 3 times and shut down so I pushed it home. Then the light turned on by itself. So I investigated and it was working again! I'm charging it up, still, but it looks like it might work again. Light turned itself 3 times more, maybe some memory flash thing? Which i erased 3 times.. strange.

So conclusion... I think, and this is just a theory, I think i might have plugged it on charging before the whell was fully powered off that night. But I don't really know. Thank you for giving me some ideas :)

2 hours ago, Kamil Democko said:

Nothing helped. But now, it tileded back 3 times and shut down so I pushed it home. Then the light turned on by itself.

This behaviour is consistent with pinched LED wires. When you open it up, check for evidence the control-board panel coming into contact with these wires. If you find this, ask your local seller to supply you with these parts.

uc?export=view&id=17utSliGT8VRhGdRqaYvuY

uc?export=view&id=1EvJe_vlYpuLAISPZ-CjNy

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

This behaviour is consistent with pinched LED wires. When you open it up, check for evidence the control-board panel coming into contact with these wires. If you find this, ask your local seller to supply you with these parts.

It happened one time more and it was ok since then. I'll watch for it.

Thank you

Archived