V8 88V 21S overvolt mod (balance charged to 86V~90%~10k+ cycles)

alcatraz

22 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I've put 3000km on the wheel riding in -17 to 35 degrees celsius. I've charged the battery probably 300-400 times and never cared about stopping the charge prematurely.

Do you charge battery every... 3000km/300times(400times)=10 km(7.5km)? 

Right now I'm waiting for the MH1 cells to arrive and some tools (heat gun, better soldering flux, jst-xh cables).

I've been thinking to make two 20s3p batteries. Problem is I have only one balancer so an idea I'm playing with now is to keep the balancer separate and connect the cells to the balancer with connectors. That way I can switch packs.

Still thinking...

I got a problem with my spotwelding machine. It's rated at 5000VA which is 20-25 amps but it still blows the 32A main circuit breaker every time I use it. I need to try and get it connected to the mains somehow. The apartment I live in has a 40A breaker in the hallway outside. I'm thinking that must be enough god damn it. That way I'll bypass the 32A one. Very annoying thing to have to do.

/a

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Right now I'm waiting for the MH1 cells to arrive and some tools (heat gun, better soldering flux, jst-xh cables).

I've been thinking to make two 20s3p batteries. Problem is I have only one balancer so an idea I'm playing with now is to keep the balancer separate and connect the cells to the balancer with connectors. That way I can switch packs.

Still thinking...

I got a problem with my spotwelding machine. It's rated at 5000VA which is 20-25 amps but it still blows the 32A main circuit breaker every time I use it. I need to try and get it connected to the mains somehow. The apartment I live in has a 40A breaker in the hallway outside. I'm thinking that must be enough god damn it. That way I'll bypass the 32A one. Very annoying thing to have to do.

/a

Look on the net, there is probably a mod you can do on the input to your welder to prevent the circuit poping if it is really only 5000VA on the output or average input. 

Archived