King Song Social Media Representative

tinawong

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, Unventor said:

@US69 So are you back in buisness once again, aka able to get online?

Today the telephone technican was announced to visit us at home and bring in the  new telephone line/Internet.

But he didnt Show up which is a bummer.

So nope, i am still only online on my mobile phone and/or at my first Job, and perhaps everybody can guess that doesnt go well all the time.

So Sorry if i sometimes Need a bit to answer to your Questions...hope we get a solution soon to this mess!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows the answer to this one please?

If are to ship a KS18L do you set the lock wheel to on in the Kingsong app? And you should clear any BT code you have set?

If I recall correctly it should prevent the wheel to turn on during shipping right? Or am I wrong on this?

@US69 or @Justina?

On 10/23/2018 at 12:18 AM, Unventor said:

Anyone knows the answer to this one please?

If are to ship a KS18L do you set the lock wheel to on in the Kingsong app? And you should clear any BT code you have set?

If I recall correctly it should prevent the wheel to turn on during shipping right? Or am I wrong on this?

@US69 or @Justina?

If you sell the wheel...yes, you should get rid of any lock codes!

Also, yeah, if you want to be 100percent sure the wheel not starting while in transport...then lock the wheel by app.

While just making sure that the power button can not be pressed does the job also!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 5:40 AM, Koy San said:

Apologize for this question, but does anyone know where I can get a new KS18S exterior shell? I’m located in California USA.  Thanks in advance.

Some people around ask me the same question... No answer from kingsong... :-(

@US69 do you know if Kingsong has tested using 3M Dual lock instead of adhesive tape to fasten foam pads? It is a bit inconvenient having to peel off the pads to open the wheel. 

Or have you experimented with this @Jason McNeil ?

From what I gather it should be fairly strong and durable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

@US69 do you know if Kingsong has tested using 3M Dual lock instead of adhesive tape to fasten foam pads? It is a bit inconvenient having to peel off the pads to open the wheel. 

I like the way reaclosable fastener work; similar to velcro, but better. I have photo frames and a clock that I hang with it. I have never had a problem with anything falling from my walls.

It would certainly be an improvement from what we have currently. On my older wheels I use double-sided tape to secure the pads. Whenever I buy new pads for those wheels I will probably switch to reclosables. 3M's version is weather resistant, and durable; be nice to have them on the pads

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

Afaik they havent tested that...in any normal situations you are not needed to open ypur wheel.

And even if so...you dont have to take of the complete foam...just the sides have to get unpeeled.

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Afaik they havent tested that...in any normal situations you are not needed to open ypur wheel.

And even if so...you dont have to take of the complete foam...just the sides have to get unpeeled.

as long as it is no thicker (couple of mm) than the 3M dual-sided tape I currently use to adhere pads to shell it should work fine; providing an excellent interlocking solution for those of us who like to go through the wasted motion of completely pulling off the pads to get to the screws :thumbup:

3 hours ago, US69 said:

Eventually you might get a puncture or have to change the tyre. Not all have an EUC dealer around the corner to do the service required.

Just an idea to make the wheel more service friendly.

20 hours ago, Unventor said:

Eventually you might get a puncture or have to change the tyre. Not all have an EUC dealer around the corner to do the service required.

Just an idea to make the wheel more service friendly.

I will defintitly give this idea to KS! I understand what you mean....i am just not that sure if velcro attachment will look that nice.

Yes, it would be better on all wheel opening...but is it worth it? 

As said...i will get this to KS!!!

@US69 you can find promotion videos on you tube. It does the same as double sided adhesive tape or Velcro does but it is not really either. It is strong and fairly simple to use. 

• Like 1

We will see...I might test this if I can get a set of spare outer shell sides and cousins for a fair price preferable from a refurbish wheel. Scratches doesn't matter to me as I am going to test reflective coating the shellsides and the clear coat to seal the surface. As for screwholes the pad of duallock on the shell/wheel side can be cut so it doesn't cover the hole.

Again I might test this and if so post pics...

• 3 weeks later...

@US69 have you had a chance to test out the big pedals for Kingsong? And if so do they impact turning due to being longer? 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

@US69 have you had a chance to test out the big pedals for Kingsong? And if so do they impact turning due to being longer? 

Yip!

I had :-) Perhaps look at the KS Facebook group where i and a lot other report about their good experience?

To shorten it up:

They dont impact turning at all.....

18 hours ago, US69 said:

Yip!

I had :-) Perhaps look at the KS Facebook group where i and a lot other report about their good experience?

To shorten it up:

They dont impact turning at all.....

Unfortunately I have a bad condition of FB-allergy 😁 but come to think of it I don't recall you ever posting a video of you riding an EUC. (I could of course be wrong).

It would be a nice Christmas gift to the community. 🎄🎁

On 12/10/2018 at 1:46 PM, Unventor said:

Unfortunately I have a bad condition of FB-allergy 😁 but come to think of it I don't recall you ever posting a video of you riding an EUC. (I could of course be wrong).

It would be a nice Christmas gift to the community. 🎄🎁

:). You have that allergy too huh! I thought that I was the only one. 

Not sure, but I think that I once saw a video of @US69 testing out an 18L in Thailand with the KS Thailand group.

@US69 so what is happening at Kingsong. Don't you have any Chrismas news that we can discuss now as the weather is getting EUC-unfriendly? 

Just a teaser or something that Kingsong like to get a user view point on, for a new generation or something. Or even better some aftermarket stuff to mod/upgrade you wheel. 

At it stands right now I am waiting on delivery of large pedals, expected on Monday.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Gotta say still loving my Ks 14c after all these years now.

Thanks to great sav to replace cracked axle and new mother board as well as Charge doctor she runs well!

Also fixed broken bolt pillar mount but much better stronger now and no sign on axle bend.

BUT...

Sure would like an app that worked WELL!

Thanks maybe?

ukj

• 1 month later...

Short announcement from my side:

The EUC world gets bigger and bigger, there are more and more Forums,  Facebook - and WhatsApp Groups i try to cover and each day there are new KS riders.

I do my best...but my day, as everyones else his, only has 24 Hours :-) So it Always may happen that i miss some KS related threads and/or Questions.

So as i allready mentioned in my signature….. in case of severe Problems and for a guaranteed and fastest as possible answer,  please contact me by PM.

Thanks!

US69

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, US69 said:

Short announcement from my side:

The EUC world gets bigger and bigger, there are more and more Forums,  Facebook - and WhatsApp Groups i try to cover and each day there are new KS riders.

I do my best...but my day, as everyones else his, only has 24 Hours :-) So it Always may happen that i miss some KS related threads and/or Questions.

So as i allready mentioned in my signature….. in case of severe Problems and for a guaranteed and fastest as possible answer,  please contact me by PM.

Thanks!

US69

If I see a new KS problem thread without a reference to you I will PM you on behalf of the OP, who may not know about your voluntary position, and/or who may be a new member without PM rights

• Like 1