King Song Social Media Representative

tinawong

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Link leads to a "not found" page.

--

Wow, congratulations @US69! Now if you can get KS to actually give you real info and listen to you...:efee612b4b: Good luck!

Wishlist:

• Higher pedals!!!!!
  • Bigger batteries!!!!! Just look at what Gotway battery sizes sell the most and that some dealers only sell the biggest variants to convince them.
  • Front and back lights ten times as bright as we have now.

Allready reported!

for the front lights....you should see the 18L lights in action.

THAT are useful lights....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• US69 pinned this topic

@US69 and @tinawong

I am expecting to receive my KS18L this coming  Friday or Monday.

What is the firmware status as of now?

Do we still get dying wheels with firmware 1.07?

Do Kingsong have any recommendations or steps to help prevent this now?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, US69 said:

i definitely would update to latest 1.07 as this cured the so called „LED lighring loop“ which has lead to to a fried board in some cases. 

i have also noticed you can create a loop for the big leds, if you steer the unicycle into a dark corner with the sensor in the forward direction, the light will first come on and the bright light will then disable the sensor, and the light, after this the darkness will enable the light again, and then you have a pretty intense "disco strobe loop" for the bright front led, i wonder if this could also lead to problems in the firmware, im hoping they fix this soon.

• Upvote 1

Good to know!

@US69 , do you know why the speed limit on the ks18L have been changed from the 1.0.6 to the 1.0.7 firmware on KS18L, Now at 50% of battery, the speed limit is set to 30kmh. With the 1.0.6, there was no change until the 30% of battery. The riding experience is wasted because of this point. I know several riders don't want to update the firmware because of this restriction ...

Thank you for your answer and congratulations too :)

4 hours ago, US69 said:

Allready reported!

for the front lights....you should see the 18L lights in action.

THAT are useful lights....

Actually, my 2 main gripes after a week on KS18L:

- pedals should be longer for EU/US. I am only 10.5 inches (44 EU), and pedals are aching compared to MSuper3 or V10. This is too bad for a wheel with such a range, but could be fixed after-market if new pedals are made available. It would also allow for us to provide better torque.

- make the wheel weatherproof. Speaker holes and lack of joins on external shell is a source of worry for me, as I use my wheel for commuting and it needs to be dependable whatever the weather. No issue there on Inmotion or Gotway wheels. An aftermarket protection, as v5 / v8 / v10 could also do the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dany Slx said:

Good to know!

@US69 , do you know why the speed limit on the ks18L have been changed from the 1.0.6 to the 1.0.7 firmware on KS18L, Now at 50% of battery, the speed limit is set to 30kmh. With the 1.0.6, there was no change until the 30% of battery. The riding experience is wasted because of this point. I know several riders don't want to update the firmware because of this restriction ...

Thank you for your answer and congratulations too :)

I personally have seen a video from Eddie Moy where he with 40% battery still was able to ride 40kmh....

as far as I know the speed restrictions wasn’t changed...they are the same as on 18s for example....but I will ask!!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, US69 said:

While the MSuper pedals have a Little bit other form than ACM and KS pedals, they are a "Parallogramm"...in the end they are all exact the same same length!!! The Msuper pedal is even the less with, while KS Pedal and ACM Pedal have the same with...they are both a bit wider than the MSuper pedal.

What I know for sure is that my feet are well going over these pedals, unlike V10, and that they are aching, unlike Msuper3 and v10. I thought it could be the adjustment to the new wheel, but not so much.

What I suspect is that as the KS18L being heavier and more powerful, it requires more effort to accelerate and brake, ie more pressure on the feet. This amplifies the discomfort from the pedals.

36 minutes ago, US69 said:

From the tear down Video:

I really can see no reason to fear the Wheel not beeing waterresistant. The outer Shell is reaching at all sides over the inner Shell.

Yes, I have seen the disassembly video, and personally I am not convinced of weatherproofness. Just adding join on LED cache and outer shell contact to inner shell would have been so easy, not sure why they did not do that. I already have dust going behind the LED cache. For peace of mind, I will probably add some join tape on the contacts.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, em1barns said:

What I know for sure is that my feet are well going over these pedals, unlike V10, and that they are aching, unlike Msuper3 and v10. I thought it could be the adjustment to the new wheel, but not so much.

That the V10 pedals are much, much more bigger is no Question ?

7 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Yes, I have seen the disassembly video, and personally I am not convinced of weatherproofness. Just adding join on LED cache and outer shell contact to inner shell would have been so easy, not sure why they did not do that. I already have dust going behind the LED cache. For peace of mind, I will probably add some join tape on the contacts.

I will bring this in as Suggestion for next batches

• Like 2

5 hours ago, US69 said:

I dont know which firmware will be delivered....i definitely would update to latest 1.07 as this cured the so called „LED lighring loop“ which has lead to to a fried board in some cases. Also several improvements with this latest firmware 1.07!

But: there are about 4 worldwide reports of wheels that-even with 1.07- got the motor locked while normally trolleying and then the board/motor heating up. Seams on all these cases the trolley sensor was set to ON...so my advise would be to set it to OFF, until a solution is found!

The exact reason for this „lock while trolleying“ has not been found yet. KS is working hard finding the fault and reproduce it.

Can you please make sure with Kingsong: is it enough to turn it off in the app? Can it happen so that the controller still receives the signals from the sensor and process them even in the "off" state, disabling just the motor deactivation? In this case a physical disconnect of the sensor might be required to prudently avoid the issue.

The engineers who designed the algorythm should know that.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, em1barns said:

What I suspect is that as the KS18L being heavier and more powerful, it requires more effort to accelerate and brake, ie more pressure on the feet. This amplifies the discomfort from the pedals.

See my "Big Foot" pedal mod to remedy your foot pain.  Sorry, I forgot how to link another thread

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tim716 said:

Can you please make sure with Kingsong: is it enough to turn it off in the app? Can it happen so that the controller still receives the signals from the sensor and process them even in the "off" state, disabling just the motor deactivation? In this case a physical disconnect of the sensor might be required to prudently avoid the issue.

The engineers who designed the algorythm should know that.

As in the Moment it is not even clear if the sensor is the culprit, you can turn it OFF, you can physical disconnect it and STILL might have a Problem....

My personal opinion: Shut off the handle sensor, at least until some News are there or the failure is found!

3 minutes ago, US69 said:

As in the Moment it is not even clear if the sensor is the culprit, you can turn it OFF, you can physical disconnect it and STILL might have a Problem....

My personal opinion: Shut off the handle sensor, at least until some News are there or the failure is found!

Yes, that's clear. But if we just assume the sensor might be the culprit, it'd be great to know if it's enough to shut off it in the app.

Let's say it another way: that's a question of a "clean experiment". If someone has the issue when the sensor is turned off in the app - can we confidently say "No, the sensor is not the culprit, forget it"? Or do we still have a chance that the sensor _is_ the culprit but should have been disconnected physically?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tim716 said:

Yes, that's clear. But if we just assume the sensor might be the culprit, it'd be great to know if it's enough to shut off it in the app.

Let's say it another way: that's a question of a "clean experiment". If someone has the issue when the sensor is turned off in the app - can we confidently say "No, the sensor is not the culprit, forget it"? Or do we still have a chance that the sensor _is_ the culprit but should have been disconnected physically? 

I think @US69 made it clear THEY HAVE NO IDEA at the moment what is causing the issue, so how could he possibly answer your question? KS is waiting on the motherboards to be shipped to China for investigation, it should be a matter of days before we get an answer, hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, em1barns said:

I think @US69 made it clear THEY HAVE NO IDEA at the moment what is causing the issue, so how could he possibly answer your question? KS is waiting on the motherboards to be shipped to China for investigation, it should be a matter of days before we get an answer, hopefully.

Thanks, ….and exact…  @tim716i would love to answer your Question...but thats just not possible!

I also i mailed KIngSong several descriptions when and how exactly the isue happend. So that their engeneers allready can concentrate on specific testing...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@US69 , is it expected behavior that when I push the power button on KS18L, only the front light turns on?  I would expect the rear light to turn on as well.

Also it would be nice to be able to adjust light sensor sensitivity, as each city may have different night light setup and power (it does not turn on for me at night in Brussels, except if I put my finger on the light sensor).

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

@US69 , is it expected behavior that when I push the power button on KS18L, only the front light turns on?  I would expect the rear light to turn on as well.

Also it would be nice to be able to adjust light sensor sensitivity, as each city may have different night light setup and power (it does not turn on for me at night in Brussels, except if I put my finger on the light sensor).

I dont have the 18L here....but on my test drive in Bkk...the rear light goes on shortly after driving...at least the brake light works 100% when lights sets to on....otherwise please test it...and we will report it as small failure!

for the light sensor sensivity...earlier versions of Ks (14c)had that...i need to ask if that still is adjustable!

But please: thats a different task....zou will get nobody happy at all i guess... i rememebr the sensor beeing on top and the people, especial in brussel with night light all night long complained about lights on/off when going under street lights.

If there is diffuse setting and not clear day or night.....just tutn it on or off...

my 2 cents 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

@US69 that is the stuff part here, wanti g to answer and having the diplomacy how to stall until an official solution is available.

@US69 is only the messenger here. Let's give him atleast 1 full day before someone shoots him? 

Btw I really appreciate we have someone that can forward feedback and questions to.

Thank you @US69 and Kingsong.

Thanks a lot...

yes...i have a direct AND GOOD contact to Ks....but there is still the different timezones...so bare with me if i cant make evryone happy in a second ?

• Like 2

Time to rename back to Kingsong69?:efee8319ab: That was your old name, right? As people sometimes thought you're official, seems like it is the right name now:efee47c9c8:

I hope you'll get at least a free wheel or two for your troubles.

Also, the link in the 1st post to your FB still doesn't work, might want to edit that.

• Upvote 1