[CANCELLED] Z10 Climb of Mount Wilson - July 21st 2018

Marty Backe

This ride has been cancelled due to high heat conditions

@maltocs and I will be testing the Z10 on Mount Wilson this Saturday morning, to see if it can make the 4600-ft climb without overheating and without running out of power.

If you have a wheel with 1000wh or more of battery power feel free to join us. It's fantastic riding and we'll enjoy an early lunch at the top. Don't expect to be back to your car before at least 5-hours.

We will meet prior to 8am so that we can be rolling no later than 8am.

Park and meet us here: Google Map Pin

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

@Alsayyad   @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q  @ndmcc  @Mike Hanna @Rama Douglas @Gizmo Dork

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@maltocs and I will be testing the Z10 on Mount Wilson this Saturday morning, to see if it can make the 4600-ft climb without overheating and without running out of power.

If you have a wheel with 1000wh or more of battery power feel free to join us. It's fantastic riding and we'll enjoy an early lunch at the top. Don't expect to be back to your car before at least 5-hours.

We will meet prior to 8am so that we can be rolling no later than 8am.

Park and meet us here: Google Map Pin

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

@Alsayyad   @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q  @ndmcc  @Mike Hanna @Rama Douglas

I'll see u there.It will give me a chance to test my ACM2 vent mod.

15 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I'll see u there.It will give me a chance to test my ACM2 vent mod.

Your ACM2 is overheating?

14 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

No.Just curious if a little venting will work like it did on the 18s.

I'm afraid to see what you've done. I suppose it can't be worse than what you did to my original ACM :facepalm:

Based on how we saw the KS14D’s battery perform at the Griffith park ride (50% at the top), do you think it would make it on this ride with a 130lb rider? It’s fine if not, I was just thinking of maybe bringing a friend (if I am able to make it, which I may not be) and he would borrow my 14D.

My ACM2 is here and I’ve only ridden it for around 6 miles to work the slime into a circle in the tube, but it feels great! I’ll be sure to write a review once I get more experience on it. This would be an awesome first range test, but again, I may not be able to make it.

2 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Based on how we saw the KS14D’s battery perform at the Griffith park ride (50% at the top), do you think it would make it on this ride with a 130lb rider? It’s fine if not, I was just thinking of maybe bringing a friend (if I am able to make it, which I may not be) and he would borrow my 14D.

My ACM2 is here and I’ve only ridden it for around 6 miles to work the slime into a circle in the tube, but it feels great! I’ll be sure to write a review once I get more experience on it. This would be an awesome first range test, but again, I may not be able to make it.

Congrat's. You changed your profile name :efefd0f676:

The 14D would never make, sad to say. Obviously your ACM would (I rode my ACM on my 2nd trip up the mountain (this will be my 4th). There will be at least one other ACM rider there, and I'll be taking my 1300wh ACM2 too.

It's an epic ride if you can make it. If you do come, try and get some more miles on it so you feel fully comfortable riding it. There's nothing overly technical about this ride, but it has the potential to be tiring. But then again, you're young :lol: Bring lots of water and potential energy bar(s), and sunscreen, etc.

This ride has been cancelled due to high heat conditions

Hi guys. Sorry for the late change of plans. As you know we're suffering from high temperatures and lots of sun. I just returned from a ride in the Whittier Hills and I was starting to get a bit over heated by 9am. The Mount Wilson climb can be brutal with the limited shade offered by the trail.

Of course you guys can still go for the ride but I'm going to let prudence dictate my participation. And unfortunately these heat conditions are not going to abate before I return the Z10 :(

2 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Bummer. I'm actually curious to see if the new firmware on my V10F can make it up so even without the Z10, I'm in for another group ride up this hill.

I'm going to be riding this trailing for life, so if you want a riding buddy on this hill I'll always be game. But I'm going to reserve this trail for cooler days :(

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

Bummer. I'm actually curious to see if the new firmware on my V10F can make it up so even without the Z10, I'm in for another group ride up this hill.

I'm still up for it @maltocs if you want to test your new V10F firmware.I don't think it'll be too hot if we start @ 8 and once we climb it gets cooler.

3 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I'm still up for it @maltocs if you want to test your new V10F firmware.I don't think it'll be too hot if we start @ 8 and once we climb it gets cooler.

I'm probably going to take a ride around Griffith Park Sunday at ~5pm. If you want to check out the Z10 and have nothing going on, let me know (text me).

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm probably going to take a ride around Griffith Park Sunday at ~5pm. If you want to check out the Z10 and have nothing going on, let me know (text me).

Aaarrgh!!!

You plan a ride, so I book flights to and from LA... Then you cancel it, so I cancel my tickets... Then you plan another ride instead???

consider me out (for this weekend) - it's just too difficult!   ;)

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink: No livestream this Sunday?  :cry2:

Actually, you're right - I forgot :facepalm:

I'll have to switch it to 7pm.

What time is the livestream?  5:00 pm PST California time?  8:00 pm EDT Florida time?  Where’s the video announcement and new thread topic?  I wonder if it would be best to merge the previous livestream threads into one.  You could then change the thread title and first post to update people plus have all the previous livestream videos in one easy to find thread.

:rolleyes:  Sports personalities.  I tell ya.  As @houseofjob says, *smh.

A manager/agent’s job is never done.  @Duf?  Need some help here!

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

What time is the livestream?  5:00 pm PST California time?  8:00 pm EDT Florida time?  Where’s the video announcement and new thread topic?  I wonder if it would be best to merge the previous livestream threads into one.  You could then change the thread title and first post to update people plus have all the previous livestream videos in one easy to find thread.

:rolleyes:  Sports personalities.  I tell ya.  As @houseofjob says, *smh.

A manager/agent’s job is never done.  @Duf?  Need some help here!

Duf is hosting the stream on his channel so I see him as the primary promoter. He's getting into the Onewheel now and by his own admission is not riding wheels right now. Maybe he forgot about it too :blink1: Not that many people watch anyway :mellow:

40 people isn't bad, plus it's only been 2 episodes.  Maybe ask in the livestream thread for people to post questions there to be brought up as topics and answered live.  Consider maybe trying an earlier time like 1:00 pm PST to see if the UK/Europeans will tune in for future episodes. 

Maybe contact Jason to see if he has some time on Sunday for a special guest visit.  There's not a whole lot of time, but we can still pull this off!  :w00t2:

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

40 people isn't bad, plus it's only been 2 episodes.  Maybe ask in the livestream thread for people to post questions there to be brought up as topics and answered live.  Consider maybe trying an earlier time like 1:00 pm PST to see if the UK/Europeans will tune in for future episodes. 

Maybe contact Jason to see if he has some time on Sunday for a special guest visit.  There's not a whole lot of time, but we can still pull this off!  :w00t2:

The reason the time was moved to 5pm PST was to avoid breaking up my Sunday. I can't do it any earlier. Unfortunately, we can't accommodate everyone :(

And it doesn't portend well for the future when my own agent/promoter doesn't even attend :efeed51798:

I’m there in spirit!  :w00t2:  Besides I usually will rewatch it afterwards as many other people likely do.  It’s often difficult to watch live events live plus I’d probably derail the livestream so sometimes it’s probably for the best!  Actually I did watch some of the second livestream at the airport while waiting for my flight.   :popcorn:

It would be cool to have a group live chat with Jason if he has time.  Did you guys bring it up with him?  I know he’s a busy guy, but I’m sure people would have loads of questions.  It was cool when he came out to visit you for that group ride.

Or how about Mathias?  @EUC GUY?  You could have him on to see what he’s been up to.  The guy’s always doing something interesting!  Or @houseofjob would be a cool guy to bring on the show.  Maybe @The Fat Unicyclist?  We all want to see what hurdles he’s gone through opening up his local wheel business.

On 7/22/2018 at 7:22 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe @The Fat Unicyclist?  We all want to see what hurdles he’s gone through opening up his local wheel business.

Believe me, there have been a few...

I guess I will have to get a wide-angle lens now too, so that I can fit in frame.   :D

Archived