Holy Cow! - A Newbie G3 Rider Story...

Brian L. Byrdsong

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post that I purchased my G3 about a month ago and Holy Cow!, I'm so in love with it.  Now this is my first euc and I took a risk purchasing it due to other reviews of more beginner-type euc's folks recommended.  But I don't regret buying the G3 at all.  It took me about a solid week to learn how to ride.  I honestly think you build up the strength in those "balancing" leg muscles (I didn't know I had!!) to help with control.  Not gonna lie, it was painful to me and the wheel that week!  But thankfully I wear wrist guards cause I would have broken both by now without em.  And now with just over 240 miles registered, I feel like I've got a pretty solid grip on it.

I live about 2 miles from work so my poor car misses me a lot; the gas station does too.  It's me and the G3 everyday to and from work and even out to lunch at times.  The number of questions I get makes me feel like an alien with a spaceship or something but its all good.  I figure if I can convince someone else to buy one, the euc community wins!

I live in Alpharetta, GA, USA and there are plenty of Greenway trails and parks to ride so the weekends are never dull.  What I've been adding to my practice are fast, tight turns, hopping off curbs and off-road (grass) riding.  I figure I'll blow a tire here soon and that would be one of my questions if someone could provide some insight on, With day to day riding, on street and off-road, How long do you think the tire will last before needing replacement?  Is it the normal, "if it becomes too slick", or "the penny head trick"?  Just curious to know because I'd rather replace it with ample enough time before it flattens and I go flying off, lol...

But anyway, I'm new to the EUC Forum and just wanted to share my newbie story of getting started.  I've seen throughout the group that a lot of people have more than 1, even 2+ euc's.  Are they just upgrades or styles of riding (off-roading vs cadillac'n)?...

Happy Riding!!
Brian "Korrupshun" Byrdsong

Hello, good to have another rider in the community.  Welcome to the addiction.

I am glad you are happy with your wheel. 

You have wheels for speed, distance ,maneuverability ,compact size, and coolness. Off road fits in there somewhere.  Some people like options.  A wheel that is big and awkward to a small person can be small and nimble to a larger person.  The V8 is good all around for lighter people but can be over powered by larger aggressive riders. 

By G3, do you mean Glide 3? If you are under 190lbs and use slime in your tires, you will probably avoid the blowout of the innertube. I ride mine everywhere, and usually theres a lot of glass in one or more parts of my ride, so get some Slime to protect your innertube.

I take mine to work everyday as well. Wear a helmet, because people exiting their cars can dislodge you just as well as it could a bicyclist, and find a rear view mirror mod that suits you, whether its an automotive mini mirror on your wrist guard or that eyeglass extension thingy. You will want to check out whats behind from time to time and not take your eyes off the road for long.

Threre are upgrades and there are different riding style upgrades. Sometimes you may want to go over 30 miles and will want something more. I went for the V10F thinking it would be an InMotion V8 upgrade. Its a lot different, but still very similar in feel and looks.

Welcome to the party!

Archived