Additional on-wheel lighting

ricqvo

Hello guys!

I am waiting for my new KS18L to arrive from china in couple of days and I am thinking about adding some lights and reflective tape on it... I am gonna ride it at night quite a lot, because I have my floorball trainings late and from the end of summer to spring, there's getting dark really early in the afternoon in my country..(czech rep.).

Have you guys some tips how to be more visible at night on an euc? Some reflective tape on my helmet and of course EUC's lights always ON...

I think I am gonna add some reflective tape on the wheel..but I think some bike lights would be better...but how to mount it? 

Thank you guys! Hope you are having great day full of riding!

I've put a 3M reflective tape (the tape used for reflective street signs) to the "front" and "rear" plastic elements of my KS16. First I removed both elements and put a tape on it - one red and one white. Then using sharp knife I removed the tape from lamp holes and reassembled the wheel. Quite easy to perform, looking good and working like a charm. Now whole front of wheel is seen clearly from quite large distance, as a white/red, bright vertical rectangle with lamp inside.

wheel_tape.jpg

I use a LED rope light meant for bicycle tires. It is attached to a motocross padded jacket with twist ties, and I have another one that I use velcro straps used for audio cables to attach it to my fuzzy jackets and vests.

you can also get a colored LED necklace and blinking led arm straps at Home Depot as well. Drivers see blue and green better than red for some reason, so use both if you can.

We have 99c stores in L.A., and I am always finding led toys and lights that I can attach to my wrist guards with Velcro too. Very cheap solution.

33 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Drivers see blue and green better than red for some reason, so use both if you can.

I avoid blue lights. My wallet is very afraid of flashing blue lights.   ( police)

22 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Yes, I assumed you werent speaking of the bouncing blue walmart discount ball. ?

Ha ha,   Some police in other countries might not have blue lights on cop cars.  I was in a country back in the 80’s that just had a rusted pickup truck and a guy in a police uniform.  I think it was A place called Pennsylvania. ?  I was doing 90 in a 55. 

17 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I was in a country back in the 80’s that just had a rusted pickup truck and a guy in a police uniform.

Yeah, its the judge in the well broken in Overalls presiding from over his pigpen gate that really takes the money though. Lol

6 hours ago, RockyTop said:

You can use a light vest. Lights up a flexible light tube on a vest that flashes.

That sounds awesome, but I am gonna carry a school bag... ?

Archived